Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

JOIN IN - OFFICIAL 2009 Secret Santa Extravaganza!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JOIN IN - OFFICIAL 2009 Secret Santa Extravaganza!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2009, 11:18 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
Sorry you feel that way.

Originally Posted by missydarlin
You have "nothing bad to say on Wharvey", but you are ok with basically telling all of your previous Santa's (save one) publicly that their gifts were thoughtless?

That's kinda deserviing of coal-in-your-stocking IMO
Made my point. Given my history w/ SS, I actually AM ok having said that these gifts were thoughtless.

Last edited by squeakr; Dec 3, 2009 at 10:06 am Reason: made my point
Old Dec 4, 2009, 11:39 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
OMG! Thank you to whomever is my Secret Santa! UPS just delivered the box and the contents are wonderful, and will fit well with similar items Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Old Dec 4, 2009, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by squeakr
Made my point. Given my history w/ SS, I actually AM ok having said that these gifts were thoughtless.
I'll go with Grinch

You guys are super early this year .... I haven't finalized the gift yet, much less bought it, wrapped it and mailed it. Guess I need to get moving. I do have part in hand, but need to finish it off.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 3:50 pm

Programs: The usual suspects
Originally Posted by GoingAway
You guys are super early this year .... I haven't finalized the gift yet, much less bought it, wrapped it and mailed it. Guess I need to get moving. I do have part in hand, but need to finish it off.
I'm in the same boat - making progress, but not all components purchased and wrapped. It is only December 4, and I am moving. "Plenty of time!"
Old Dec 4, 2009, 7:39 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
WOW, I think my secret santa wins the award for speediest delivery! I was part of the "wave 2" names which were distributed on Wednesday, so hadn't really expected anything for a couple more weeks. I arrived home today to find a package on my doorstep with a literal tower of goodies inside. Chocolates and cookies and all manner of yummy awesomeness in a decorative gift box set.

To whoever my secret santa is: well done, and well executed! I'll be enjoying this gift for weeks!

And to my giftee, even though you don't know who you are: I'm working on it. I may not be quite as fast, but I hope you like it all the same.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 7:36 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Do tell us what you got.... while Santa might know... others might not!

Originally Posted by Italy98
OMG! Thank you to whomever is my Secret Santa! UPS just delivered the box and the contents are wonderful, and will fit well with similar items Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Old Dec 5, 2009, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

If anyone would want another assignment or wants to sign up, get to me ASAP with your info. I have someone who would like to participate... but I am out of Santas....
Old Dec 5, 2009, 9:08 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP
I'll be sending mine off tomorrow, I hope it makes it to Canada on time!
Old Dec 7, 2009, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Reminder: If anyone would like another assignment let me know ASAP. I will do one final match at the end of the week.

Santa

Originally Posted by wharvey
If anyone would want another assignment or wants to sign up, get to me ASAP with your info. I have someone who would like to participate... but I am out of Santas....
Old Dec 7, 2009, 12:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Well I'm hoping Santa's elves (ie, Fedex, UPS, etc) will be doing double-duty. I've been called out of town unexpectedly to help w/ elderly godmother who had eye surgery & am 'up north' (no, not that far north) w/ no i-net at her house, so having to drive 'to town' to even access i-net at a local coffee house that isn't always open. It's a small town, so no joy on getting my SS recipients gifts here. Will be back briefly at home for a few days & hope to get it done there, otherwise I'll be depending on Fedex to come through on 12/24 as I'll be up north most of this month. Cheers.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 4:55 pm

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt
THANKS

Got my package today! Thanks SS the hot chocolate will be used today and will have to visit Houston soon!

-singtx
Old Dec 7, 2009, 5:21 pm

Programs: The usual suspects
I received my package from my Colorado Springs Secret Santa today! I am debating whether I should try to be "good" and wait until Christmas to open. Meanwhile, I'm shaking the box and guessing.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 10:32 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP
I sent mine off yesterday, hope it makes it there on time, and that my SS victim likes my gift, I read the description and thought it would fit well, but we'll see.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 3:53 am

thank you thank you thank you Belfast

ss from belfast - thank u so much for your thoughtful gift! haven't openned it (because it isn't christmas) but the Amazon packing slip made me want to - nice gift wrapping to; as i said - thank you!
Old Dec 8, 2009, 10:02 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
All presents mailed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.