Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

"Oz Fest #7" – Adelaide South Australia - Memorial Day Weekend, May 28-30, 2010

"Oz Fest #7" – Adelaide South Australia - Memorial Day Weekend, May 28-30, 2010

Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:41 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Originally Posted by ozstamps
The Adelaide Hilton went above and beyond the call of duty I think.

Glen
I am with you, Glen. The Adelaide Hilton hotel and staff were excellent.

I used to be a travel consultant and part of my work was hotel site inspection and our wonderful hotel would have gotten A checkmarks all the way from me!
Old Jun 4, 2010, 3:17 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by dedehans
I am with you, Glen. The Adelaide Hilton hotel and staff were excellent.

I used to be a travel consultant and part of my work was hotel site inspection and our wonderful hotel would have gotten A checkmarks all the way from me!
Absolutely! Checkin, housekeeping, lounge staff.... Faultless! And it all added to a wonderful weekend.

Thankyou once more to ALL who worked so hard on setting it up. And to friends old and new for contributing to such a great atmosphere.

Robyn
Old Jun 4, 2010, 3:37 pm

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Originally Posted by Pat89339
For some yes, for others not so much.
Pat,

I know a few people said that their benefits were not quite up to scratch but did those people actually ask for what ever was wrong to be rectified? I had one or two 'extra' requests and they were attended to straight away.

Bill

Last edited by Itsalongwaydown; Jun 4, 2010 at 4:37 pm
Old Jun 4, 2010, 4:32 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Yes, asked; three separate times on the first day.

There was an additional issue on check out that still hasn't been resolved and once I figure out what time and day of the week I can talk to someone there, I will have to telephone to press resolution.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 4:36 pm

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing

There was an additional issue on check out that still hasn't been resolved and once I figure out what time and day of the week I can talk to someone there, I will have to telephone to press resolution.
Pat,

You have a PM in the pipeline.

Bill
Old Jun 4, 2010, 4:46 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""

Hmmm. My name is also Pat and I got LOTS of bottles of water. There were six on the desk when I checked out, and I drank a couple during the stay. Surely that was a coincidence I did wonder why they kept leaving them when it was obvious they weren't being consumed.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 4:59 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Safely home about 25 hours after check-out in Melbourne on Friday morning. Had an hour rain delay getting into SYD, but once there still had about 30 mins to get into the Qantas F lounge for lunch, though had to limit my selections to a main course and dessert so I'd make my SFO flight (butter chicken with rice, and a brownie with chocolate sauce, strawberry ice cream, and a strawberry salad). Bright sunshine here in the Bay Area this Friday afternoon! Looking forward to 2011.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 12:02 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, BD, NZ, QF, DJ, RCC, SPG, Priority Club, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by JohnSydney2000
Well, I think restlessinRNO and myself were the last to depart ADL yesterday. The Hilton finally said goodbye to the last of this years OZfest guests
John, I believe QF WP and family depart from ADL this afternoon and I leave tomorrow morning, but doubt anyone else is still around.

My heartfelt thanks to the organizers and the behind the scenes FTers who all worked so hard to make this such a fun and successful OzFest. Thanks also to all of the attendees who came from near and far. I have no doubt we will see many repeat visitors next year - can't wait!

The weather in Adelaide gradually improved during the week - chilly in the mornings with upper 60s during the day. Today has been a mixture of torrential downpours and brilliant sunshine.

Off to a family barbie this evening where we will enjoy a bottle of Longmeil Old Vine Company Shiraz.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Exclamation this is the last post in this thread.

once again I had to delete alot of posts, once again we got many messages from flyertalker complaining about this thread. My last message wasn't enough?

Since some of you believe, this thread is to discuss again and again the same issues and to talk about the same people - we will not accept this any longer, the DO is over, this thread is closed.
please discuss using private messages or email - or use the chat. thanks for your understanding.

regards,

chrissxb
co-moderator
communitybuzz!

ps: once this all calmed down, we may re-open this thread, but for the moment it is and remains closed.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

poll results

I was asked to add the poll results to this thread:

*Total responses: 71*

Darwin = 27
Perth = 19
Canberra = 8
Melbourne = 4
Gold Coast = 4
Sydney = 3
Brisbane = 1
Hobart = 1
Sunshine Coast = 1
Uluru = 1
Other = 2 (1 says 'Melbourne or Canberra', the other says 'whatever the majority decides')

this thread remains closed, we'll post the ozfest 2011 link here so you won't miss anything.

regards,

chrissxb
co-moderator
communitybuzz!

Last edited by chrissxb; Jun 6, 2010 at 9:36 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 13, 2010, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2010 - darwin

In accordance with the results of the Poll carried out by Leumas the 2011 Oz Fest #8 will be held in Darwin. The dates are Friday 27th May through Sunday 29th May. Memorial Day is Monday May 30th.

Ground work is currently being carried out and a new thread will be started in the next weeks with details of the way forward.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.