Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Official Freddie Awards 2009 Invite

Official Freddie Awards 2009 Invite

Old May 1, 2009, 12:42 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

...so there I am, finishing my business in the men’s rest room near the ballroom where the Freddie Awards is ongoing, when all of a sudden this man wearing a tuxedo with a bright shirt, no tie and flip-flop shoes enters the rest room and informs me that I am missing a drawing where valuable prizes are being given away. That was not the reason why he entered the men’s rest room, but I digress and would rather not go into greater detail. Anyway, two other FlyerTalk members, including one who is a corporate employee of a prominent hotel chain, also enter the men’s rest room.

Needless to say, I did not immediately leave the men’s rest room, especially since I wanted to wash my hands before I returned to the Freddie Awards already in progress.

At what other event could one encounter the master of ceremonies with a personal update of the event in a public bathroom?

Randy Petersen, thank you once again for inviting me and other FlyerTalk members as guests to the Freddie Awards. I personally enjoyed it — including the rather bizarre moment outlined above — and appreciate your now-legendary generosity.
Old May 1, 2009, 1:19 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Canarsie
...Anyway, two other FlyerTalk members, including one who is a corporate employee of a prominent hotel chain, also enter the men’s rest room...
LOL. Yes, that was a bit of an awkward moment. But, someone else from Starwood picked up my name-tag, so I never got the opportunity to put a business card in the bowl. That and the fact that when you've got to go, you've got to go, the opportunity to do so seemed ripe.

Many thanks to Randy for a very entertaining evening. ^

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.