Wiki Posts
Search

In Memoriam: FlyerTalk Members Who Have Departed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
FlyerTalk is truly a community and we hurt when we lose one of our own. A member came to us recently and suggested that we note these members. We have decided to do so by putting "In Memoriam" under their handles. We tend to learn about the deaths of members who were very engaged in FlyerTalk. This lets others know of their passing, and also keeps folks from directing questions to them.
Good job!! Keep it up the good work! Keep'em it coming...If we hear some member who passed away.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 1:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Excellent idea.

Still hurts to read of their passing though.
It does, yes, though these reminders help remember the members lost. I feel it is a nice, classy tribute that does make this place even more of a community with the gesture.

Last edited by tcook052; May 25, 2012 at 11:40 pm
Old May 25, 2012, 11:30 pm
Community Director Emerita

Sandy Dahl, who posted as dendahl1, widow of Captain Jason Dahl, passed away. She was just 52.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyer...tain-dahl.html

She was very grateful to FlyerTalkers for our contributions to the Dahl Scholarship Fund.
Old May 27, 2012, 9:03 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Sandy Dahl, who posted as dendahl1, widow of Captain Jason Dahl, passed away. She was just 52.

She was very grateful to FlyerTalkers for our contributions to the Dahl Scholarship Fund.
I'm so sorry to hear this. Thoughts & prayers go out to her family. Thanks for letting us know & starting the thread in Flyertalk Cares.
Old May 30, 2012, 11:02 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia

I'm still stunned after first hearing about this loss last Friday.

Information regarding Sandy's memorial service is posted within the thread in Flyertalk Cares (linked above) and on the Dahlfund website.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 6:05 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...l#post19454453
Old Nov 23, 2012, 9:22 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

It is with great sadness...Scott the flier has left us
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

FlyerTalk member and official company representative of Southwest Airlines SWABrian has passed away.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:54 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Canarsie
FlyerTalk member and official company representative of Southwest Airlines SWABrian has passed away.
Sad news but thanks for sharing it for us who don't stop by the WN board often. RIP.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 2:08 pm

Sad, sad news:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...-cordelli.html
Old Aug 14, 2013, 10:54 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I don't see this thread very often (and am very thankful for that) and was quite surprised at the number of FT'ers who have moved on to another place. I shouldn't be surprised based on the number of members we have but still.. it hits home.. Enjoy it while you can
Old Oct 15, 2013, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
I ran across this post (entitled "Worst possible reason to join", posted Sept 10 2012) as I was reorganizing some content at Travel Underground. MaximumSisu was an active member of both forums.

Originally Posted by udontknowme @ Travel Underground
I read this forum regularly but am not a joiner or a public person. I have an unfortunate announcement to make.

My friend and longtime colleague Arv, known to you as MaximumSisu, suffered a ruptured cerebral aneurysm and massive cerebral hemorrhage on August 31. Despite heroic medical efforts, he died over the weekend without ever regaining consciousness. He was only 61.

I doubt that I will be a very active forum member but I will use the information we acquired together as he would have liked.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 2:53 am
Original Poster

R.I.P. chemist661
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
I ran across this post (entitled "Worst possible reason to join", posted Sept 10 2012) as I was reorganizing some content at Travel Underground. MaximumSisu was an active member of both forums.
We knew about MaximumSisu a year ago but were never able to confirm.

Thank you, MikeMpls.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 12:46 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Exclamation We've missed a few

Hi all,

Looks like this thread has been updated by editing the OP. This doesn't generate any alert for us, so we've missed out on hiding the birthdate for those members (which is what causes them to no longer appear in the forum birthday list).

In the future, when there is a death, if a new post could be added (in addition to the OP being edited to track them in one place), that would help us in this important and sensitive housekeeping task. If you could send me a PM or email that would be even better.

Thanks all,

Paul
Old Dec 23, 2013, 11:28 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...-p-clacko.html

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Dec 25, 2013 at 10:14 am Reason: updated link to merged thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.