Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Flying the friendly skies with Captain Flanagan on Saturday, February 28 from ORD-SFO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying the friendly skies with Captain Flanagan on Saturday, February 28 from ORD-SFO

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2009, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
I received a card from the Captain yesterday ^ Classy is too weak a word.

By the way, I don't know what other FlyerTalk 1 passengers think about it, but I have to say that my head is still full of everything we did that day. It was a lot, really: pre-party flights, royal treatment at ORD, the tours (I especially appreciated the small groups), and, of course, the maiden voyage of FT1. I'm not sure it can be topped...but I am definitely in for FT2 whenever ... and wherever ... it flies!
Old Mar 26, 2009, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA MP/UC - "RIP Tulip Plat"
Originally Posted by as219
I received a card from the Captain yesterday ^ Classy is too weak a word.

By the way, I don't know what other FlyerTalk 1 passengers think about it, but I have to say that my head is still full of everything we did that day. It was a lot, really: pre-party flights, royal treatment at ORD, the tours (I especially appreciated the small groups), and, of course, the maiden voyage of FT1. I'm not sure it can be topped...but I am definitely in for FT2 whenever ... and wherever ... it flies!
I received my card yesterday too! He is really a great guy!

This was one of the funnest trips Ive had in a while, and I'm still thinking about it to this day!
Old Mar 27, 2009, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

By the way, for those of you interested in the "Customer Love" book which Captain Flanagan was handing out, you can find more information and purchase it here. I'm not much into reading usually, but this is a fantastic, quick read, and it even features Captain Flanagan. He will also be featured on the Simple Truths website on March 31 in regards to this event, so keep your eyes open.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I received my card from Capt. Denny this week. He makes me proud to fly UA.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 10:23 pm

Location: MCO (Big Iron), ORL (Little Iron) formerly SFO and PAO/SFB
Programs: UA 1MM/Gold/UC, SPG PLT LTG, Marriott PLT, peon at AA, AC, BR, B6, DL, NH, and WN
Thumbs up Capt. Flanagan asking us to Pay It Forward

Off topic, but related.

I got an e-mail from Capt. Flanagan this evening asking us to essentially "Pay It Forward". He had asked the distribution to go out of their way and do a nice deed for a stranger and to send him an e-mail when it happens.

It's amazing to get this piece of e-mail from someone with whom I've only spent five minutes in conversation from the gate to the crew bus.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 10:25 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
I got a nice card from Capt. F. yesterday as well! ^
Did he send them out one at a time?
Old Mar 30, 2009, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer
I got a nice card from Capt. F. yesterday as well! ^
Did he send them out one at a time?
Probably. They are handwritten after all.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hi Folks,

While we had the in-flight crews taken care of, we forgot to get the ground/ops people anything. Anyway, we just sent out a package with several boxes of chocolate to the ground/ops people that gave us the tours, and a card with a group picture and quotes from FlyerTalkers that attended. We also asked when we can do it again.

Anyway, if anyone wants to pitch in a few bucks towards the package (it cost about $50), please shoot me a PM. Either way, just wanted to let everyone know we have them taken care of now as well.

Oh, and of course if you can, please join us on FlyerTalk 2 from ORD-LAS!
Old Nov 4, 2010, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Any word on a Flyertalk 2?
Old Nov 4, 2010, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Hope to see a FlyerTalk 2. I missed out of FT 1.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 11:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
I would suggest that instead of bumping an 18 month old thread, you PM the organisers instead.

Thanks for your assistance

Jenbel
Co-moderator, Communitybuzz!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.