Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Dinner with Captain Flanagan in Los Angeles on December 14!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dinner with Captain Flanagan in Los Angeles on December 14!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2008, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
It was a wonderful time! Thank you lucky9876coins and skiadcock for making this a night to remember! A special thanks to Capt. Denny and FO Mike for making the time for this dinner and the added benefit of our unexpected and amazing gifts. It was great to meet so many people. I'll reiterate that if you do get the chance for a dinner with Capt. Flanagan, you will not regret it!!!^
Old Dec 15, 2008, 12:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Back on for a second before going to bed. Both Capn Denny & FO Mike were very appreciative of the Starbucks gift cards. Turns out CD doesn't drink coffee, so he said when he's in the airport during the holidays he'll find a family & treat them to a hot chocolate at Starbucks. FOM, however, said he does drink coffee & he'll definitely put it to good use!

BTW - CD doesn't eat candy, chips, cola (must be caffeine), chocolate & I forgot the 5th item (the 5 Cs as he called them), but just in case someone in the future was thinking of getting any of those things, don't. Someone (SS255?) brought along chocolate tonight for the group & CD. There was still some left over so he took it w/ to give to the FAs tomorrow.

Cheers.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, Lucky and Skiadcock! Tonight was terrific -- what a great time!

Video will be up as soon as I can get it edited.

And, Lucky, I was actually thinking about bringing a laptop to do a live feed. Maybe next time!
Old Dec 15, 2008, 5:32 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Sorry we did not make it last night.

Our flight LHR-ORD was delayed and our remaining 55 minutes connection time wasn't enough. Hopefully we can make the next one.

I am glad everyone had a great time.

Last edited by The Mileage Millionaire; Dec 15, 2008 at 5:09 pm
Old Dec 15, 2008, 8:05 am

Programs: FT Member # 642
It was great meeting Captain Flanagan he is truly a great person. Sorry auh2o and I did not stay for dinner but between Clippers and Kings games, concerts, Christmas parties we have been out almost every night for the last couple weeks.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 8:41 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
WOW is all I can say. Look foward to the pictures. Sorry I missed this. If I only would've been off today.
Depending on SS255 to give me a heads up earlier next time
Old Dec 15, 2008, 9:02 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Thank you to Lucky for setting this up, especially since he wasn't going to attend! Thank you as well to everyone who attended (or did their best to) and to SkiAdcock for coordinating our gifts. It was a very enjoyable evening and I know our United guests found the experience quite memorable. I do hope that this will be the first of many more LAX-area FT gatherings with Captain Flanagan (his time and schedule permitting, of course).

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 15, 2008 at 11:59 am
Old Dec 15, 2008, 10:13 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

BTW - CD doesn't eat candy, chips, cola (must be caffeine), chocolate & I forgot the 5th item (the 5 Cs as he called them), but just in case someone in the future was thinking of getting any of those things, don't. Someone (SS255?) brought along chocolate tonight for the group & CD. There was still some left over so he took it w/ to give to the FAs tomorrow.
Cookies!!!!

And while I appreciate that your mind automatically singled me out as the person who might have brought that scrumptious box of chocolates......I cannot take credit: The chocolates were courtesy of the delacpa's! I was just the one who was bold enough to open the box so the rest of you could feel comfortable eating them!

And thanks again, Sharon, for organizing the SBUX gift cards.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 11:28 am

Programs: AA PLT & 2MM- Thank You, FT !!
What a great time we had last night !! Meeting new FT friends, catching up with "previously met" FT friends, and of course, being in the company of Captain Denny & FO Mike..........and remember: We're AA folk !!

Indeed, the French chocolates were contributed by us and we're so glad that besides all our friends enjoying them after dinner, to know that they will soon be enjoyed by the FA's

It was a wonderful gathering during the Holiday Season........including some really nice goodies to take home
Old Dec 15, 2008, 12:39 pm

Programs: FT Member # 642
Oh and thank you Captain Flanagan for the gifts !!! http://gallery.flyertalk.com/gallery/album46/yelp_672
Old Dec 15, 2008, 3:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Ok, here they are: 38 pics from the Captain Flanagan dinner! Click on the images to see them better/larger, especially the plane ones. Also, apologies for having the 'red eye' feature off on the camera for those who look like they have eyes from "Twilight"!

http://public.fotki.com/SkiAdcock/fl...n-denny-flana/

Cheers.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for posting the pics!
Old Dec 15, 2008, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
What a bummer I could not make it. I'm still a DO virgin!
Old Dec 15, 2008, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT & 2MM- Thank You, FT !!
SkiAdcock: Thanks for the 'quick' memories.....less than 24 hours after the event !!
Old Dec 15, 2008, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kevinsac
What a bummer I could not make it. I'm still a DO virgin!
No hurry! Take it easy. I'm sure you'll find the right moment and just DO it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.