Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Dinner with Captain Flanagan in Denver on August 28!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dinner with Captain Flanagan in Denver on August 28!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2008, 10:42 am

Programs: UAL 1K 1MM, Hilton Gold
Planned to be out of town for the convention months ago (not a reflection of my political standing, just hate crowds) so won't be here for it, but would have enjoyed meeting the Captain and the DEN FTers (Is that the name of a band? Uh, no sorry that would be Tenille).
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
I do need about a 3,000-mile mileage run on AS to make MVPG based on my current plans, but $791 round-trip is a bit out of reach at this time (not to mention that the cpm of that trip runs against every mileage-running bone in my body!). My regards to Captain Flanagan, whom I have heard much about but have never had the pleasure of meeting!
Old Aug 16, 2008, 9:14 am
Founder of FlyerTalk

I've made a few changes and think i can thank the Captain on behalf of all the FlyerTalkers he has likely flown around.

Here's an idea. Let's say we try to entertain the Captain and members of FT at Cool River Cafe in the Denver Tech Center area (off I-25 and Bellevue) which will put us out of harms way for most of the DNC in the downtown area. If this is agreeable, I'll pick up the tab for the entire evening and we'll make this a sort of mini-Do.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 2:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Wow, not only am I missing out on an opportunity to meet Captain Denny, I also miss meeting Randy. (sighhhhh)

Maybe DL and UA will catfight it out again and I can book a $110 fare to DEN. Miracles DO happen.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 2:37 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
OK... I'll do my best to attend this.
Gotta find the reasonable fare to DEN though.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
Let's say we try to entertain the Captain and members of FT at Cool River Cafe in the Denver Tech Center area (off I-25 and Bellevue) which will put us out of harms way for most of the DNC in the downtown area.
Sounds great! ^

A DEN Do to remember, I'll be there.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 2:53 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Unhappy

An opportunity to meet 2 FT legends and no cheap flights, no cheap rooms, so no Captain and no Randy this time for me. Rats! Maybe Lucky can pull off the 2nd Capt. Flanagan dinner do in September?
Old Aug 16, 2008, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Randy, you're the best! If this doesn't get people to come, I don't know what would....

Really bummed that I won't be able to make it, although like I said there's a possibility there might be another sighting in late September.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 7:52 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Sounds tempting and I might be in the DEN area at that time....
Just wish AA KUP fares were cheap to DEN.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 3:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Well color me totally bummed. A chance to meet Captain Flanagan AND see Randy? That would be way cool, but I'm stuck in LA preparing for a major trade show. If by chance something changes & I can sneak away I'll post. But for now put me in the wish I could be there category.

Cheers.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Hmmm...

Since I work in downtown, my boss has graciously allowed me to work from home that week. To boot, I live about 10 minutes from Cool River. However, I'm not sure if I can sneak out of the house for such an event. Maybe I'll brave the traffic, go into the office that day, and stop by on my way home for a drink.

Edited to add: I could work from another company location in the southern 'burbs that day... Oh, the possibilities.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 3:45 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

I would love to join this event! Is it possible to find a place closer to the airport or/and have dinner early. Have a meeting on the 29th and have to be on the 942PM back to ORD
Old Aug 20, 2008, 12:43 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Any news? 7 days in advance purchase is dangerously close..
Old Aug 20, 2008, 7:49 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

I mixed up some dates - I will be in DEN early in the week but have to leave Wednesday night to be back in Chicago for my trip to CDG on Thursday evening.

I'm sorry that I won't get the chance to dine with two great people - Captain Denny and His Highness Randy. A unique opportunity! ^

Have fun!
Old Aug 20, 2008, 8:34 pm

Wow, glad I found this thread. I'll be able to make this! Thursday night is going to be pretty messy though. They are shutting down I25 around this time for Obama's speech... the traffic will easily mess with the rest of the metro area. I'd expect traffic from the airport to Greenwood Village to be much worse than normal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.