Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

In retrospect, is your FT name a mistake?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2008, 2:13 am
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
On the contrary, I've actually thought of legally changing my name to add the middle initial "X".
Old May 5, 2008, 2:36 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
I just used my AOL screen name. I never thought I would become so involved in this site nor did I think I would be introducing myself in person as "uva185"

I wish I picked an aviation related name.
Old May 5, 2008, 4:41 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
I would have never assumed I stay that long. Well, the name is still fine with me. Everybody believes I am arrogant when they first see my handle but I think I have proven to most who met me that I am not.

So it's still a great handle because most remember it quite easily. Especially the American Flyertalkers call me that way with a sufficient smile in their face, even though they know my real name. ^
Old May 5, 2008, 6:38 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
I am happy with my name so far ^. Downunder says it all for me - where I live - which allows me the whole country to move around to if needed.

It also works with mini DG too (lucky she is also female ).

If I was to change my handle, perhaps I wouldnt have alluded to the fact that I am female, but on the whole this has not be an issue .

I am a happy FT camper .
Old May 5, 2008, 7:19 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Not misnamed--it is my nickname given to me in the 70s (what else are you going to call a blonde-haired (well I was then) guy who drives so fast).

Unfortunately, it is inappropriate for flying. Any mention of the dreaded b*mb word evokes shudders and possibly secondaries so . . .

Even remove my luxury Old Gold custom machined "BlondeBomber" tags for flying--only use them for travelling by car.
Old May 5, 2008, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Howdy.
Old May 5, 2008, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by BoyAreMyArmsTired
I hate when people think I'm a guy, because of the boy.
[blush]oops[/blush]

But kudos on the The Princess Bride quote. It's my all-time favorite movie.

Mike
Old May 5, 2008, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jailer
Like you wouldn't believe...

I didn't realize I'd be this into FT when I signed up...I use my college user ID - which is the first six letters of my last name, the first initial, and middle initial - since I don't have a middle name, they gave me X.

That's where it all came from - not batsnacks, not barsnacks, not a misspelled baht&sex (thai baht & sex tourism)...just bhatnasx...totally unpronouncable!
Old May 5, 2008, 11:52 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
i think mine fits, don't you
Old May 5, 2008, 1:34 pm
Commander Catcop

No, Nope and Nil...

In fact Catman ironically turned out to be a very good choice for a handle... and a nickname for my Cat sitting business! There are people who can't remember my real name and call me "Catman."

The only problem happens when I get the occassional client who endorses my check to "Catman." Luckily BOA understands this and let me cash it.
Old May 5, 2008, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Nope, it's the name I've used on the internet on boards since they started and allowed people to select a name versus a number (on prodigy).

As a matter of fact, a few people from other boards have found me here on FT because I've kept the same name.
Old May 5, 2008, 2:54 pm

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
Not necessarily a mistake as this is my online "identity" and the handle/screen name I use for just about everything. From my e-mail address, my personal domain (xanthuos dot com), my AIM & MSN names, my MySpace...everything. I've used this screen name for somewhere around a dozen years.

In retrospect though, if I had known I would meet so many FlyerTalkers (and will continue to do so! ^), I'd have chosen something way easier to pronounce/remember & more FF/air travel or business related.
Old May 5, 2008, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
When I joined FT, I never thought I'd be using the handle to introduce myself to people in "real life". Strange to do at first, but it works.
Old May 5, 2008, 3:58 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Elite, HiltonHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum Royal Ambassador
If I had spent more time 'lurking' I would have chosen a descriptive handle and not used a derivative of my name.... but then again, my name won't change... my career or reason for flying just might
Old May 5, 2008, 4:00 pm

Programs: VX Elevate, UA 2P, SPG Gold
My handle is definitely a mistake. Back when I joined I was flying AA, now all I fly is UA. If only I could change..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.