Reload this Page >

An englishman in New York - Lunch at Les Halles 30th March

Old Mar 13, 2008, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au

All,

Well after many years of enforced seperation from NYC, i get 8 hours all to myself as a stopover between YOW and LHR. Its been a long time since I last enjoyed the frites of Les Halles, and i will have to have them soon. If you would like to join me for a late lunch (very late, i arrive into EWR at 12.45, but need to schlep a case over to terminal B's left luggage office so its going to be 3ish I guess) then let me know.

Cat, I have some very nice montecristos, and cohibas with me from a recent trip to cuba.

JonGar
Old Mar 13, 2008, 6:21 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
A lot of FTs are in town because of berlinflyer´s birthday dinner (see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778545). I am in town too, but I have other plans on this day.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 7:37 am
Commander Catcop

Jongar... with cigars I am tempted and a possible at this point (work commitments pending because with Cat sitting it's a 7 day a week job. You have not seen me since I decided to go All MEOW all the Time.)

One question: which Les Halles are you planning to dine at:

The original at 411 Park Avenue SOuth http://www.leshalles.net/ny_park.php

Or the downtown location at 15 John Street near City Hall (which I believe is open Sunday http://www.leshalles.net/ny_downtown.php

Can't help to double check!
Old Mar 13, 2008, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
Given that I will be coming in and out of Penn Station I figure Park avenue is the better choice.

Jon
Old Mar 25, 2008, 8:06 pm
Commander Catcop

Ok Jongar... making a note of the Park Avenue location. I have not been there so it looks like a nice place.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 11:19 pm

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
I'd like to join! Especially as the 3-ish time frame works for me.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Put us down as "just possible." We very well may be in that neighborhood at that hour and seeing xanthuos, maybe Catman, and tasting one of jongar's smokes would make quite a nice late afternoon for us. ^

We will know a lot more Saturday evening, after the birthday party. Getting a table at about 3, even on Sunday, should not be a real problem.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 10:54 am
Community Director Emerita

jongar! Good God, there's a voice from the past. I thought you had forsaken us. And I don't think we ever heard the final chapters of your mother's adventuring throughout the world.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 9:11 am
Commander Catcop

Friendly bump.

Jongar... should we be there by 3pm? I'll be coming in from work in Hoboken so should be on time (Path train to 33rd or 23rd and then walk or crosstown bus up.)
Old Mar 29, 2008, 8:21 pm

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
DAMNIT!

Because of an unanticipated problem with this project, my departure is now delayed until Monday. I am VERY sorry to withdraw my attendance.

You will have fine company with Catman.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 10:18 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
I love that place (but I am currently far away: late season skiing at Wengen):

* free wifi access anywhere in that place (in spring 2007): please post life from that 'Do'!
* the hot foie gras dish
* the long bar (if single)
* steak tartare and fries
* burgundy wines by the glass
Old Mar 30, 2008, 7:15 pm
Commander Catcop

It was a very nice late lunch at Les Halles... first time I was there!

It was nice to see Monitor and Franny and Szg and other Flyertalkers again.

Jongar... our meeting was long overdue and no worries abotu the cee-gars. THey can make more. Don't make yourself a stranger in NYC.

Rudi... hope you are having fun skiiing in Wengen. I don't know how to ski but Wengen is one of the most beautiful places I've been.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.