Wiki Posts
Search

8th annual Brooklyn Reality Tour. June 21, 2008 Saturday

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2008, 2:03 am
mjm
Original Member

Official BRT Web Page Launched

The webpage for the tour is now up and running. Names of people signed up/attending the dinner will be added in the coming days.

http://home.inter.net/mjm/brt08.html

Mike
Old Apr 3, 2008, 3:36 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Good job on the website Mike ^
Old Apr 3, 2008, 9:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by mjm
The webpage for the tour is now up and running. Names of people signed up/attending the dinner will be added in the coming days.

http://home.inter.net/mjm/brt08.html

Mike
Mike, thank you for hosting the web page again!
Old Apr 8, 2008, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Mike-san,

Thanks again for hosting the Tour website. We'll hoist a cup of Starbucks to you on our Starbucks stop.

Sorry for the delay regarding the posting of the names of attendees.

Note: If I've confirmed your seat(s) for the BRT, feel free to make your flight reservations. Paypal info will follow when I'm able to work the final details out with the bus company.

I know it's not Friday, but I'd like to announce an enhancement to the tour. For roughly $10 bucks, I'm working with someone to get a BRT tee shirt made for the attendees. I know other DOs have done this, and why shouldn't the BRT.

Remember, book seats only if I've confirmed you. @:-)

One more thing, since we'll be in a coach bus, with lots more Flyertalkers, I'm going to keep the bus an extra hour... till 10:00 (2200).
It's necessary, because the various stops will take additional time; although the bathroom equipped bus will save a little time when we stop at Starbucks.

Have a question? You know where to find me.

dh

Last edited by dhammer53; May 2, 2008 at 8:00 pm
Old Apr 9, 2008, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Milepost #2 on Page 1 of this thread contains the list of attendees.
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...21#post9423321

Have a question about the list, or have changed your mind, the maybees and standbys would apprecaite knowing; sooner rather than later. They need to make their reservations too.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 12:00 pm

Programs: ex-AA EXP, DL GM, ex-1k SPG Plat
I may try to link up as I live in Brooklyn Park Slope to be exact....

Originally Posted by dhammer53
Milepost #2 on Page 1 of this thread contains the list of attendees.
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...21#post9423321

Have a question about the list, or have changed your mind, the maybees and standbys would apprecaite knowing; sooner rather than later. They need to make their reservations too.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Standby List? Thx.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone know how easy it would be to get from the Hilton Hasbrouck Heights/Meadowlands to the city, especially GCS? Thanks!
Old Apr 12, 2008, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Anyone know how easy it would be to get from the Hilton Hasbrouck Heights/Meadowlands to the city, especially GCS? Thanks!

If you were driving, it's a solid 45 minutes. Ask the hotel about NJ Transit options to the Port Authority Bus terminal. From the PABT, you have to take the Shuttle train from 7th Ave to Grand Central. Add 5 minutes for the walk to the pick up location.

I suggest leaving now.

FYI, the tour pushes back on-time at 10:00am. And yes, I even left Catman behind once. And if you follow these boards, you know how I feel about him.

edited to say that I gave him directions to our first stop.

I also lost the plus 1 of Da1Dan in Coney Island 3 years ago. We eventually got him too!

Last edited by dhammer53; Apr 12, 2008 at 6:02 am
Old Apr 12, 2008, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Hey, he even tried to leave ME behind, and I had my car parked across the street Dan is serious about his push back times

If you want to stay in NJ, I suggest the Hyatt Jersey City. The path station is right on the corner and it's a very short ride into Manhattan.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 10:37 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by Mary2e
If you want to stay in NJ, I suggest the Hyatt Jersey City. The path station is right on the corner and it's a very short ride into Manhattan.
I keep remembering those epic words of Archie Bunker as Mike and Gloria were trying to buy a house...the realtor calls and Mike frowns and hangs up the phone after a few words...Archie asks him what was wrong with that house and Mike says, "Well, it's in New Jersey."

Archie raises his voice and gets that wild look telling the Meathead, "Nobody wants to live in Jersey, but somebody's got to do it!"
Old Apr 12, 2008, 2:04 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
Im at the HGI Times Square, should I walk the 12 blocks to GCS or take the subway?
Old Apr 12, 2008, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
It's June, walk
Old Apr 12, 2008, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Speaking of food, if you have status at a hotel, and if you have lounge access, don't over do breakfast, unless you're eating at 7:00am.

Leave the food to me.
You should have seen the line at Nathans on the Boardwalk in Coney Island when we first arrived.
All that for a hotdog.

Nobody has ever left the tour hungry; with the exception of some guy from New Jersey, who complained upthread.

UC, from Times Square, figure on a 20 -25 minute walk. Subway will be half that when you include all the walking to/from, and around.

dh
Old Apr 12, 2008, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
It's good to walk (provided you have the time of course), in anticipation of some serious caloric overindulgence!!!

Or at least you can pretend the walking will do some good... Might be even better to stay at a hotel farther away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.