Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Most Number Of Flyertalkers On One Flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most Number Of Flyertalkers On One Flight?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2008, 3:12 am

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
I believe flysurfer's and berlinflyer future trip in LH Y has many followers/believers/masochists on board!!
Old Feb 11, 2008, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
At (the late) Bernie's first Düsseldorf Doo in 2000 the UA flight that some of us flew over on, saw us invite the UA crew to the Doo party, as they had a day or 2 layover - and nothing better to do.

A lot of the folks from the doo flew back with the same crew to ORD. There were quite a few - over a dozen IIRC.

Any of them in coach were being regaled all flight with French champagne in real crystal flutes from first, via smiling FA's .... much to the bemusement of the others sitting in coach. ^ ^ ^
Old Feb 11, 2008, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
I remember that flight. The funniest part was auh2o staggering (due to the struggle of handling alt not yet consumed) through the airport in DUS with an entire case of Alt which I swear must have weighed as much as he did. At security he they told us that he could take it through security but that the crew would never let him take it on the plane. Little did they know that the crew were are party buds.

Even funnier was when he got to customs in Chicago and did the math for the customs agents, proving to them that a case of Alt contained the same amount of alcohol as a litre of 100% vodka, or something like that. Anyway he talked the case into the country.

I felt badly that Baze and Scott the Flyer got stuck in coach on that flight as there were empty seats in biz and they forgot to collect our upgrade coupons, but they did seem to be enjoying their first-class champagne.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 12:54 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UCBeau
What if we got enough people together to take over the cabin on an RJ
But I don't do RJs, Beau.

Originally Posted by sandyweb33
ok, I see a challenge opportunity here? Alliance, Lucky, Pat? We need another and we all can help recruit! How about it?
I do have some thoughts rattling around in my head...I'll have to think on it some more.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 1:19 am

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
Hmmm I guess we could try for the next smallest thing, an E170..would that work?
Old Feb 12, 2008, 1:26 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
There were probably close to 50 FlyerTalkers on NWA LAX-HNL on March 3, 2006 for the NWA $93 r/t including hotel deal
Old Feb 15, 2008, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Craig6z
23 on the PIP Express, November 4, 1999. UA Flight 57; LAX-HNL.

The entire upstairs on an old 747-200 was occupied by FT'ers.

http://members.aol.com/hawaiipip/express.html
http://members.aol.com/hawaiipip/express2.html
Yeah, what a fun flight that was!
Old Feb 15, 2008, 2:38 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Yeah, what a fun flight that was!
'cause you were sitting next me, pal.....
Old Feb 16, 2008, 4:33 am
Suspended

Ah yes, that was way back when Jailer was a FlyerTalk virgin.

cesco.g are you the one who corrupted him?
Old Feb 17, 2008, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The flight now has 19 FTers ...

It'll be a bit more fun than normal as there's enough QF WP (/oneworld Emerald) that we'll all have access to the new Sydney Internationa First Class Lounge.

Eggs Benedict washed down with Verve anyone?
Old Feb 17, 2008, 4:31 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by Punki
Ah yes, that was way back when Jailer was a FlyerTalk virgin.

cesco.g are you the one who corrupted him?
From FT virgin to FT whore in an instant, or at least at the speed of an upgrade…luckily I’m a guy; else I’d be knocked up all the time:

Cousin Craig6z baited the cult hook and opened the Red Carpet Club door, and, I think, cashed in points for the hotel room.

PremEx plied me w/ booze at the RCC and an upgrade outbound ("we ain't letting anybody on this flight fly coach") cesco tossed in an upgrade on return, I think, Rudy supplied the Swiss chocolates, and, of course, Randy’s largess was…large (other than Craig, I knew nobody corporally or virtually, so I guess I was bedazzled).
Old Feb 17, 2008, 4:53 pm
Suspended

Oh, Jailer, you were soooooooooo easy.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 5:04 pm

Madame Von Schtupp, from Blazing Saddles, might have been talking about flyertalkers when she said "Is it true what they say about the way you people are 'gifted?" Oh it's Twue.... it's twue.... it's twue!"

I'm guessing that she meant gifted in miles/points/generosity.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 7:28 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by Jailer
Madame Von Schtupp, from Blazing Saddles, might have been talking about flyertalkers when she said "Is it true what they say about the way you people are 'gifted?" Oh it's Twue.... it's twue.... it's twue!"

I'm guessing that she meant gifted in miles/points/generosity.
It's like wet sauerkraut in my hands.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.