Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Florida Strawberry Festival DO – Tampa, FL 29Feb - 2Mar 2008

Florida Strawberry Festival DO – Tampa, FL 29Feb - 2Mar 2008

Old Dec 19, 2007, 10:25 am
Original Member

if you've got the opportunity to go it is great fun. As mentioned before, the "make your own" strawberry shortcake is fun....find the type you like best:

mashed or sliced strawberries
whipped topping or whipped cream
pound cake or sponge cake or angel cake or baking powder biscuit..

you get the idea.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 11:20 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by jamiel
if you've got the opportunity to go it is great fun. As mentioned before, the "make your own" strawberry shortcake is fun....find the type you like best:

mashed or sliced strawberries
whipped topping or whipped cream
pound cake or sponge cake or angel cake or baking powder biscuit..

you get the idea.
I am hungry !!!
Old Dec 20, 2007, 5:08 am

Programs: DM-(DL)/CO/AA/US/ RW (Road Warrior)
Hi,

You can add me to the 'Maybe' list. It looks like there will be a chance I will be able to make it.

Thanks!
-BondAir
Old Dec 20, 2007, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
I think we're in the "know how much fun it will be" (but ...) list.

I actually started to book it but the tickets are too cheap to waste miles on, and we really need to accumulate resources for our 2+ weeks in Oz in May-June. If we didn't have a two-weeker out there, this would be a no-brainer. If somebody could get NW to raise the ticket prices at least 60% , we'd feel better about using the miles.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 6:30 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Regrets but we won't be able to make it due to prior commitments that weekend.....too much involvement in local events this year and that is one of the fullest weekends.

Want to see pix of all of you in the fields, with your baskets, picking ripe, plump, juicy strawberries......oooh, how sensual!

dedehans
Old Dec 20, 2007, 5:37 pm

Programs: DL PM MM
I would so love to join you for this, but will be flying to VCE with my daughter and her husband that day. Hopefully, a repeat next year!
Old Dec 20, 2007, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
I think we're in the "know how much fun it will be" (but ...) list.

I actually started to book it but the tickets are too cheap to waste miles on, and we really need to accumulate resources for our 2+ weeks in Oz in May-June. If we didn't have a two-weeker out there, this would be a no-brainer. If somebody could get NW to raise the ticket prices at least 60% , we'd feel better about using the miles.
WorldPerks Visa discount. Up to 6k miles off two tickets per year. Contact me if you want further details.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 7:33 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
this sounds fun, I already have plans to be in Boston though.

Have fun !!
Old Dec 22, 2007, 12:49 pm

Sounds fun. You never know.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
We are booked, arriving TPA shortly after midnight Friday 29 February on DL 1508, departing 6 a.m. Monday 3 March on DL 1827, hotel(s) as yet undetermined.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 8:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Unhappy

monitor, please add Cholula and Mrs. Cholula to a fifth category:

KNOW HOW MUCH FUN IT WILL BE
(but we'll be in Maui)

Sorry to miss this. Sounds like a LOT of fun!
Old Dec 22, 2007, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, I should be able to confirm for sure in about two weeks when I have my schedule for the semester, but right now I'm about 90% sure I'll make it.

I may even stay at the IC if the rate is right. Has anyone found a particularly good deal there, or just the standard flexible rate?

If I can make it (which it looks like I can), I can transport six people with me.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
...I may even stay at the IC if the rate is right. Has anyone found a particularly good deal there, or just the standard flexible rate?
Some of us are operating on the Royal Ambassador two for one coupons. IC status is brand new to me and I thought it might be fun to try it out. Also the RAs get the big suites and open minibars which will serve to host the late night events. We should not even need to bring over a couch from the next door suite or borrow the chairs from the elevator lobby.

However, I would certainly be willing to change if another place becomes really popular with the group because I will have enough points and status in most of the other programs to cover the eventualities.

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
If I can make it (which it looks like I can), I can transport six people with me.
That means that unless the group exceeds 15, we should aready have enough cars. I have checked and the smallest feasible mini-bus on offer seats 24. If the group does get that big and there are not enough cars, we'll get a bus.

Last edited by monitor; Dec 22, 2007 at 10:59 pm
Old Dec 22, 2007, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We will have a car, usually something Impala-ish, comfortable for 4, can hold 5.

I am trying to PriceLine an Extended Stay America Deluxe nearby, probably just as much room as the IC suites along with some green carpeting and (if we really get lucky) a touch o' linoleum!
Old Dec 23, 2007, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
We will have a car, usually something Impala-ish, comfortable for 4, can hold 5.

I am trying to PriceLine an Extended Stay America Deluxe nearby, probably just as much room as the IC suites along with some green carpeting and (if we really get lucky) a touch o' linoleum!
Nice. I PLed one of those in MA last week. I even got the HC room for extra linoleum effect.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.