FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Wanna help me out? :-) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/764422-wanna-help-me-out.html)

ewick12 Dec 4, 2007 11:45 pm

Wanna help me out? :-)

I would really appreciate it if some people helped me out and just took my really short survey. It'll probably take 2-3 minutes of your time, as it is only 11 questions.

I will be really grateful! Thanks.

http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?p=WEB2278E5ZBKWP
:D

chrissxb Dec 5, 2007 2:03 am

what do you need it for? it's a Alcohol/Drug Use Survey

tcswede Dec 5, 2007 3:26 am

Originally Posted by chrissxb (Post 8840505)
what do you need it for? it's a Alcohol/Drug Use Survey

Maybe he gets some dosh for each participant he gets to do the survey...

not very FT esque :td:

Cheers

Thomas

TrojanHorse Dec 5, 2007 3:37 am

Nope, not at all

Jenbel Dec 5, 2007 6:07 am

Right, I think we need a bit more explanation from the OP about for who or why he is asking for this survey. I've deleted the link from it, since it seems to be on a somewhat sensitive subject. Once he's explained the basis for the survey, so we are fully informed as to what the data is being used for, then we can reinstate the link.

Regards,
Jenbel
Co-moderator, Communitybuzz!

TrojanHorse Dec 5, 2007 6:53 am

the guy has 14 posts so I would say it will take more than just a statement from him for me to believe his reasoning

iCorpRoadie Dec 5, 2007 6:59 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse (Post 8841075)
the guy has 14 posts so I would say it will take more than just a statement from him for me to believe his reasoning

yeah, it could be a Trojan Horse :)

Efrem Dec 5, 2007 7:13 am

Originally Posted by ewick12 (Post 8840236)
Wanna help me out? :-)

Sure. Which way did you come in?

Jenbel Dec 5, 2007 7:18 am

Hey guys, this is Communitybuzz! not OMNI

just in case you hadn't noticed ;)

Which means that OT comments and commentary about the OP are not really germane to the thread and may be deleted. Lets wait until we hear back from them please before we judge them...

Thanks

Jenbel

ewick12 Dec 5, 2007 2:47 pm

Sorry y'all. Didn't mean to offend or anything. Its just for my Sociology course and it's not FT specific. The survey doesn't ask for names and I'm almost positive that they don't collect your IP addresses or anything... And its not a trojan horse either :-/

I'm using the data for a paper I'm writing but I don't know what exactly I'll be writing until I collect the survey responses.

Delete this thread if you'd like but I was just hoping to get some responses to the survey.

ewick12 Dec 5, 2007 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by tcswede (Post 8840610)
Maybe he gets some dosh for each participant he gets to do the survey...

not very FT esque :td:

Cheers

Thomas

No I definitely don't get any dosh for the survey. I made this myself on zoomerang.com for my own use.

Cheers

Jenbel Dec 5, 2007 5:03 pm

Ok, ewick12 thanks for the explanation. Now we have a little more background about why you are doing it, it's up to members to decide if they wish to assist you or not so I've restored the link! :)

Jenbel

graraps Dec 5, 2007 7:57 pm

I've responded to the survey.
I'm going a bit off topic here, but IMHO this questionnaire is less than brilliant, and it's a good idea to know why you're asking before deciding on what exactly you are going to ask.

ewick12, this is meant as constructive criticism and not as an attack against you. I 'm currently doing some research as part of my MSc; that explains why I sound so anal.

ewick12 Dec 5, 2007 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by graraps (Post 8845604)
I've responded to the survey.
I'm going a bit off topic here, but IMHO this questionnaire is less than brilliant, and it's a good idea to know why you're asking before deciding on what exactly you are going to ask.

ewick12, this is meant as constructive criticism and not as an attack against you. I 'm currently doing some research as part of my MSc; that explains why I sound so anal.

Yes, I am clear that it is less than brilliant. This is not for a dissertation or anything professional. If it were, I'd seek a better approach in soliciting responses, along with other things, such as creating a better survey.

It's meant to be how it is but thank you for responding to it and good luck with your MSc. :)

Cholula Dec 5, 2007 9:03 pm

I just answered the survey, ewick12.

Good luck on your research.