Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

2007-2008 Travel Journal for School Project - Can you help?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2007-2008 Travel Journal for School Project - Can you help?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2007, 9:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I PM'd my address to bdesmond. <---- Ignore that!

The journal will be on its way to SoFla on Wednesday, 24 Oct.

Last edited by boxo; Oct 16, 2007 at 9:28 pm
Old Oct 16, 2007, 9:27 pm

OMG! The list has changed since I last remembered. I don't get it next.

Sorry, don't mind me. bdesmond, hit "Delete" on my PM.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 1:26 pm

Okay, the journal should be sent to me so it can get to PBI/FLL DO.

I'll resend my info to bdesmond. Sorry for the mix up.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
Boxo...BDesmond will send it to you, so it can make it to the DO! Thanks again for bringing it along.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL status lost across the board.
This sounds like so much fun. I have no travel planned for now, but if anything comes up, I will check back.
Old Oct 20, 2007, 4:41 pm

I received the journal today. ^

Originally Posted by Wainwright
This sounds like so much fun. I have no travel planned for now, but if anything comes up, I will check back.
Travel is not necessary to participate.
Old Oct 20, 2007, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
If alex0683de has the Journal at the Advents DO in Frankfurt first of December and nobody has signed up to take it from there, if it is best to leave it in Europe Franny and I can bring it to Alsace and leave it there with one of the FTers we will meet there.

On the other hand, we can just have it signed and postcarded in Strasbourg and then carry it onward to New York City where I am sure there will be someone passing thru to whom we can give it. IMO no such Travel Journal should really be considered complete without at least a stop in the Big Apple.
Old Oct 20, 2007, 10:04 pm

Programs: United GS, SPG Plat
Ok, I'm a native Bostonian living in Houston... if you wish to send the journal to me in Houston I can send a postcard from Houston about Boston? Is that the gist of the assignment?

I am travelling to London 12/18-12/23 - if you sent it to me just before then, I can place it in the hands of a London native, who can then also send a postcard, and mail it to the next person, bring it back to the USA, etc. - whatever you wish.

Let me know if you want to stick me on the schedule
Old Oct 26, 2007, 11:13 pm

Location: Primary: “Its largest airport was named for a World War II hero; its second largest, for a World War II battle.”, Secondary: 88NV via RNO
Programs: Hilton Diamond*, UA ex-2P, Chase
It looks like Chicago is covered, but I can do photos and souvenirs from my April trip Mexico/Belize/Guatemala and/or send it to my mom in North Carolina....

I may also be able to enlist a friend from South Africa to help

Keith

Last edited by KPChicago; Oct 26, 2007 at 11:17 pm Reason: S Af
Old Oct 27, 2007, 11:06 pm

The journal was handed over to alex0683de tonight. Alles gut.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 11:02 am
Original Poster

You are all unbelievable! Thanks for your generosity and kindness! I hope all of you who were at the FLL DO had a wonderful, wonderful time!

I saw my niece last weekend at a family wedding and her mom just couldn't stop gushing about how special Kayla feels each time a new postcard or small package arrives from a distant destination.

Kayla had a big smile on her face when she described getting postcards from Chicago, Sydney, and Rochester and a big package from Israel! She even described each item in the package.

I will be in San Juan tomorrow and Ecuador in a couple weeks and will send her postcards and gifts from there...

For now, I will PM the people who expressed interest Kayla's classroom address, so you can at least send postcards. If the travel journal makes it to the various places, people can sign it when it arrives. Sounds like it might be full before the end of the project!

Cheers!
Old Oct 30, 2007, 3:08 am

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Will be in NZ/Australia/Tasmania (yeah, I know not a separate country... )/Cook Islands starting on Saturday. Sorry for the late notice - I just stumbled across this thread. Sounds like an awesome project!

In March I'll be in Singapore/Thailand/Nepal/South Africa/Namibia/Kenya/Tanzania/Germany/Japan.

I can also fill it out/postcard it for Arizona if no one has gotten that covered for you yet...

Would be happy to do the journal thing or just send some postcards back. Please let me know what you'd like - I'll be happy to help!

Sean
Old Nov 3, 2007, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Sean, just sent you a PM...

Last week I was in SJU and sent a small package from there. Next week, I will send her one from UIO...

Hope the journal is having fun making it's way through Europe!
Old Nov 5, 2007, 1:50 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
Just wondering if my stuff made it over there... Can you confirm?
Old Nov 8, 2007, 4:28 pm

How can I help?

Okay, I must be jet lagged (or maybe that's just my excuse ). I don't understand how this works -- a journal, postcards, souvenirs... it's all too much for me to figure out.

But I'm happy to help whatever way you need. I'm in the SF Bay Area (which doesn't seem to be on your list). I can send a postcard. I can send a souvenir. I can fill out a journal.

PM me and tell me how I can help.

ks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.