Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

FT's 10th Anniversary party 2008 - date tba

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Would June 27-29, 2008 DO interfere with 4th of July the following weekend?
No, I'll still come
53.09%
Yes, so can't come
17.28%
Too early to tell
22.22%
Get back to me, I'm thinking ...
7.41%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

FT's 10th Anniversary party 2008 - date tba

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2007, 1:49 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

you throwing or are you drowning?

(note, only if you wear a t-shirt that says "Men's Travel Forum"

Originally Posted by chexfan
Randy, sign me up for a 30 minute slot in the Dunking Booth.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 1:51 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

Oh, i have that covered. I've been saving pennies for what seems like forever to get Dovster within range.

And, oh BTW, as a former high school baseball standout I have a wicked 98-mile an hour fast ball.

Originally Posted by magiciansampras
Maybe there should be a fund to pay for certain high-target individuals to be there.. I'm sure we could come up with a couple of folks that would generate thousands for charities.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 1:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
Oh, i have that covered. I've been saving pennies for what seems like forever to get Dovster within range.

And, oh BTW, as a former high school baseball standout I have a wicked 98-mile an hour fast ball.
Just remember that the Dunking Tank has a target -- and hitting it sends the dunkee into the dunk.

I don't mind dunking, but I am not about to start ducking -- especially balls coming at 98 mph.

I guess I should just be thankful that this is not being planned for December. I wouldn't look forward to a Colorado Springs outdoor bath in the middle of the Christmas season.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by Dovster
I guess I should just be thankful that this is not being planned for December. I wouldn't look forward to a Colorado Springs outdoor bath in the middle of the Christmas season.
Hmmmm.. you are right. We really should reconsider the date.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA
Absolutely quality idea

Perhaps though discussion about this potential DO should be over on the Community board, where it will be seen by far more people
Old Sep 13, 2007, 2:11 pm

One other thing.... it's ALUMINIUM, not aluminum
Old Sep 13, 2007, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
Hmmmm.. you are right. We really should reconsider the date.
I was thinking the same thing. A dunking tank in COS in May is a frightful thought, unless the water is heated and someone has hot dry towels available.

July anyone?
Old Sep 13, 2007, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
you throwing or are you drowning?

(note, only if you wear a t-shirt that says "Men's Travel Forum"
You know, for all the aggravation we have caused you in so many ways, YOU should be the person selecting the dunkees You deserve as much.

I can only imagine the line up
Old Sep 13, 2007, 2:23 pm

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Mary2e
You know, for all the aggravation we have caused you in so many ways, YOU should be the person selecting the dunkees You deserve as much.

I can only imagine the line up
I think it is fair to say that Randy has already arranged the lead off person in the line up:

Old Sep 13, 2007, 2:26 pm

Seriosuly though Randy, I think it's a great idea. Let me know if I can help....
Old Sep 13, 2007, 2:53 pm

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush.
YAY! I'm in!
Margaret
Old Sep 13, 2007, 3:18 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

Avg. Temp in May is 55.4F. The avg. temp in July is 70.8F, so not that bad. As well, at just over 6,000 feet, the air is quite dry with lots of solar. Of course we could move the date back a little farther. Just so long at it's still within range of the 10th anniversary. As for heated water. Why? Just because some of the conversations in OMNI are heated doesn't mean it HAS to spill out elsewhere.

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I was thinking the same thing. A dunking tank in COS in May is a frightful thought, unless the water is heated and someone has hot dry towels available.

July anyone?
Old Sep 13, 2007, 4:13 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Note to essxjay: I think you might have just cost me $25K!!!!! But it makes me very pleased that members would want to celebrate this milestone...
I love spending other people's money.

Seriously, this milestone celebration seemed like a duh! of a brainer to me. I was truly surprised to find that a search of CBuzz! yielded nothing in the offing yet. ::shrug::

As for stream of consciousness thinking, I must note (with mirth) that mention has yet to be made of the allusion in the thread title to one of the sort of, uh, prime artifacts we FTers hold near and dear (after miles and points, that is) -- flying aluminum tubes.

Now, for something really out there, how 'bout a reverse popularity auction? To wit, those FTers who revel in their delusions of fame, notoriety and/or popularity -- calling all OMNIites! -- can offer themselves up for a trip to the dunk tank -- sorry, no miles with that *g* -- to the highest bidder. Again, with proceeds going to FT Cares. The glory to the dunkee, of course, lies in the continuance of his or her vanity if not of (legitimate) bragging rights for raising the the largest sum of money towards a worthy charity. A weird measure, to be sure, of one's self-worth. Well, that's makes Flyertalkers diff'rint. @:-)
Old Sep 13, 2007, 4:13 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
One other thing.... it's ALUMINIUM, not aluminum
My Periodic Table says otherwise.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 4:18 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Hmmm. Interested, but two trips to Colorado and one to the UK may be a little too much for my 2008 travel budget. Might have to inquire about company sponsorship for this one, though. Never miss a chance to get wet for charity. LOL.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.