Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2007, 9:31 am

Programs: DL, NW Silver Elite, Hilton
Originally Posted by Traveller
TravellerSis was not in Boca. You think I'd have my baby sister and Dov meet?
I could tell when I met you that you were blessed with good common sense!

And up, I'm saving my pennies for those spinners..
Old Nov 3, 2007, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Traveller
I frequent the little girls' room, not the the little boys' room.
How do we know that "little girls" don't have the same, or similar, code that Larry Craig used??
Old Nov 3, 2007, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
It was worth it to fly to FLL for just Fri night. Got to meet BEY and see him meet Dov.

Wish that I could have stayed thru Sunday, but work wouldnt let me.

It was a rough week, but Fri night made up for that.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by DLfan
Please say "hello" to Randy for us.
Better yet please let him know he was the only No-Show at the DO
Old Nov 4, 2007, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by underpressure
but the question is.... are the hubcaps on your house spinners?
ROFL I love it
Old Nov 4, 2007, 3:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
I delivered Dovster's flag to Randy and also gave him the gift for Janet at Webflyer.

I also passed Freddie Jr. to chrissxb.

So my official duties are now complete.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 3:45 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by Cholula

So my official duties are now complete.
So you traded in them hey wi yen shirts? Did ya get one of them little yeller flags?
Old Nov 8, 2007, 10:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I delivered Dovster's flag to Randy and also gave him the gift for Janet at Webflyer.
And I got a very nice PM from Janet thanking me for her gift yesterday.

Yesterday, also, was Part II of the PBI-FLL Meet, albeit held in Saint Louis.

I had dinner in a Creole restaurant with a group of fantastic STL FTers, whose only fault is a propensity to fly AA instead of DL.

Those who know me will be shocked to learn that I ate, and enjoyed, a jambalaya which contained not only various veggies but also shrimp. I felt that I owed that much to Karen Carpenter. Son of a gun, I had great fun, on the bayou!

BEYFlyer provided the highlight of the evening. He had brought me a large box of Lebanese sweets, not knowing that I am allergic to nuts, which they are full of. The box was put on the table after dinner and loved by all.

(I tried to unnerve them by announcing beforehand that they were brought from Beirut by a Lebanese FTer who intended for them to be eaten by an Israeli FTer, but BEYFlyer is too well known and well liked on the board for me to have any success in frightening them.)
Old Nov 8, 2007, 10:20 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Dovster
Son of a gun, I had great fun, on the bayou!
<Groan>

I think now is also the apropos time to let everyone know what you had for dinner at Morton's prior to the Meet.

In addition to a large, very rare steak and some sort of potatoes, our own Dovster ordered and ate a dish of creamed spinach.

Ever since then I've been waiting for Hell to freeze over or the sun to rise in the west.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 10:45 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

In addition to a large, very rare steak and some sort of potatoes, our own Dovster ordered and ate a dish of creamed spinach.
Not only did he eat the spinach, but he also specifically requested it.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 10:45 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Those who know me will be shocked to learn that I ate, and enjoyed, a jambalaya which contained not only various veggies but also shrimp. I felt that I owed that much to Karen Carpenter. Son of a gun, I had great fun, on the bayou!
Dov, while Karen Carpenter recorded a version of the song, you also owe some of that great fun on the bayou to the song's legendary composer, country music legend and child of Mt. Olive, Alabama, Hank Williams.

(Just doing my part to keep you safe from Alabama blondes who might think you've slighted their southern musical heritage.)
Old Nov 8, 2007, 10:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
I was thinking of you abelscc , as I poured my shampoon and conditioner into those nifty little bottles you brought. They take up about half the room that my old ones did. Now I even have enough room left in my baggy to treat myself to some new unguents and potients, New Zealand style.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 10:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by greggwiggins
Dov, while Karen Carpenter recorded a version of the song, you also owe some of that great fun on the bayou to the song's legendary composer, country music legend and child of Mt. Olive, Alabama, Hank Williams.
You are undoubtedly correct but I am an unequalled Karen Carpenter fan. It is my firm belief that should I ever be given the Great Unearned Upgrade and allowed through the Pearly Gates I will find that when the angels sing they will sound exactly like her.

Which reminds me of an almost other-worldly experience I had one day. It was shortly before Bush II ordered the attack on Iraq, everybody knew it was coming, and most Israelis thought that Saddam would be launching Scud missiles at us when it began.

I was sitting in Tel Aviv's most exclusive mall, eating a delicious chocolate cake, and suddenly Karen's voice was piped in, singing, "I'm on the top of the world, looking down on Creation..."

Given the threat hanging over our heads that day, the whole situation seemed a bit surreal to me -- and Karen certainly did her part to add to it.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 2:06 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
...BEYFlyer provided the highlight of the evening. He had brought me a large box of Lebanese sweets, not knowing that I am allergic to nuts, which they are full of. The box was put on the table after dinner and loved by all.

(I tried to unnerve them by announcing beforehand that they were brought from Beirut by a Lebanese FTer who intended for them to be eaten by an Israeli FTer, but BEYFlyer is too well known and well liked on the board for me to have any success in frightening them.)
Yeah, sorry about that Dovster; no idea you were allergic to nuts. Glad that the box of sweets came in handy for the second part of your do. Take care and safe travels back home.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 3:20 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
Yeah, sorry about that Dovster; no idea you were allergic to nuts. .....
BEY... it is kind of like the anti-venom for a snake bite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.