Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007

Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007

Old Oct 27, 2007, 3:38 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
The GPS wasn't much good for BEYFlyer last night
Oh, he just needs to update his software to the 2007 edition
Old Oct 27, 2007, 3:41 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Anyway, just had lunch (though I arrived late and did not eat but I was there!) with violist, scoow, KathyWdrf and boxo in West Palm Beach. On my way back, I noticed my buddy's car on the side of I-95 and was just involved in a car accident. The good thing is he's alright .. though his car is pretty banged up

Hope everyone will make it safely to dinner tonight! ^
Old Oct 27, 2007, 3:56 pm

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
The GPS wasn't much good for BEYFlyer last night
LOL!!! Pleasure meeting you Kiwi Flyer and hope to see you in Beirut some day soon. Safe travels.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 4:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
I'd like to help correct this info, being one of the locals

The I-95 exit is called Linton Blvd, which is 2 exits north of the Yamato Rd exit. And when you head East, the restaurant is BEFORE US1 (also known as Federal Hwy). It will be on the right side of the road, after Pollo Tropical.

Edit: Here's the direction using Google Map.

Dov, I hope you paid extra to have a GPS system in the rental ... j/k!
Well, to quote the opening post of the Scoops thread, "We may not get it right, but we get it first."
Old Oct 27, 2007, 4:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by med81
Some PBI DO photos from Friday night...
http://www.hoorray.com/sharedPhotos_...LnxU0qg%2B02nO
Is it possible to label the photos w/ FT Handles of the people in them (although Dov & Bey have hats, so they're recognizable)?

Cheers.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 8:27 pm
In Memoriam

I did make it back to my hotel.

It was great to see the folks I have met before and great to meet the folks I had not.

I wish everyone a safe journey back to your families,

Jim
Old Oct 27, 2007, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Is it possible to label the photos w/ FT Handles of the people in them (although Dov & Bey have hats, so they're recognizable)?

Cheers.
They are actually labeled on the web site; you just can't see them the way it "shares" the photos. This was my first attempt at posting photos on the web like this. I'll see if I can find another way.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
The diminishing French cousin & some very nice rum left behind by Kiwi are in room 499.

Please bring a glass (& mixer if your choice is the rum).
Old Oct 27, 2007, 9:23 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
What a fun evening with the 50 or so people there, even with the waterfall from the backed up gutters.

Thanks all.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 11:04 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Kiwi Flyer, I rang your room this morning (11-ish?) and apparently missed you at check-out by 5 mins.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 12:58 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Sorry boxo I was in the shower when you called.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 6:19 am

Nice to meet everyone last night. Safe travels.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I'm posting from the FLL airport: I had a great time, and enjoyed meeting everyone at my first big non-LA FT Do.

And for all of you DL flyers (and especially DLFan): I will proudly wear my new DL t-shirt at the next US Airways FFOCUS (www.ffocus.org) gathering!!! Unfortunately that means I can't use it as a workout shirt, but I've already got enough of those! (I was hoping I'd see one or 2 of you in the ES temporary gym this AM, but I guess everyone was sleeping off their hangovers.) Thanks again, everyone, for a great weekend!
Old Oct 28, 2007, 9:58 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Thanksd everyone!

Back in Vero Beach.....thanks and Kudos to all who arranged this DO and it was wonderful to see old friends and make new ones.

Dov, the Israeli cups are on my kitchen bookshelf and Braefoot, the Scotsman bear is in a glass cabinet in my guestroom with my stuffed animals and dolls collected from around the world .....I shall hummmm to the bagpipes on my morning walks....

Safe travels everyone. Looks like a decent Florida day today so hope all you still there get out and enjoy it.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 10:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
It is over so quickly. The problem with big DOs is that there are so many nice people that you just don't have time to talk to them all.

Hopefully we will see some of you at lunch today.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.