Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2007, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Cholula
You know, Dovster, I was going to suggest the same thing.

But it seemed so obvious that I didn’t want to myself.

Or, Hey, if there is stuff you absolutely can’t live without, download and archive it.

If you need directions how to handle this, pls send me a PM and I’ll walk you through it.

Join the “You Too Can Live And Survive With Only 287 Messages In Your FT Inbox“ club today.
This is kinda funny....I accidentlly deleted a ton of pm's yesterday...many going back to 2005 - why did I have them? Because I thought I'd need them some day, when's the last time I looked at some? Back in 2005....did it hurt to see them gone? Yes, will they be needed? most likely not (but oh did it hurt)
Old Oct 24, 2007, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLfan
Anyone else arriving PBI, Friday, on DL579 from ATL?
no offense but every good Skyteam member knows the flight to be on is NW890 (I guess that explains why I'm on DL579 at xmas)
Old Oct 24, 2007, 6:53 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
*** Ale House Dinner ***

Alright .. a little more information on the Ale House dinner on Friday night.

I spoke to the hotel manager this morning and was able to reserve the hotel shuttle to and from the restaurant. The shuttle will be waiting for us at 7:45pm and will leave promptly at 8pm. Then we will return from Ale House at 9:45pm. (The shuttle service ends at 10pm)

Since Ale House does not take reservations, I'm going to head out 15 mts prior to put my name down for our tables. I hope to reduce some waiting time by doing this.

Updated list:
aSiAnRiCk
socrates
boxo
med81
braefoot + 1
Cholula + 1
alex0683de
Kiwi Flyer

To those of you who never been there, you can visit their website here ^

Last edited by aSiAnRiCk; Oct 24, 2007 at 6:59 am
Old Oct 24, 2007, 8:03 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Originally Posted by boxo
violist, I'm going to check on logistics to getting from ES to PBI by tri-rail. If the weather's crappy, I probably won't want to trudge around in rain geocaching all day Saturday, so why not have lunch with a FTer! (You will make my FTer meeting number 90 in this 6-wk odyssey) Stay tuned.
I have two other affirmatives so far.

1. available for lunch but has to be in PBI area because of work
2. available for lunch but has to be around 4:30 pm.

I'm guessing that you might not be up for a lunch that late if you're
dining at the BBQ place.

My old scenario was to have see how late Dan could tolerate lunch,
and if that was 4:30, that would be great.

I'll see what I can work out with Dan and Rick and let you know if
the commuter rail (scanty service on weekends) would be feasible.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 10:44 am

[QUOTE=Dovster;7579770][B]Nota bene: And what better place for an Israeli Jew and a Lebanese Arab QUOTE]

Well snice we have at leat two major religions covered can you make arangements for clear weather?

What is with the forecast of thunderstorms EVERY day.

I'm looking for fun in the sun!
Dovster, Please arrange for the weather not to even be overcast much less thunderstorms.

Also pls change me from Plus One to Just me.

looking foward to a great time!
Old Oct 24, 2007, 12:22 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I just flew over the eastern gulf of mexico and south florida. There's a heck of a lot of cloud to the west moving towards south florida
Old Oct 24, 2007, 12:24 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
Alright .. a little more information on the Ale House dinner on Friday night.

I spoke to the hotel manager this morning and was able to reserve the hotel shuttle to and from the restaurant. The shuttle will be waiting for us at 7:45pm and will leave promptly at 8pm. Then we will return from Ale House at 9:45pm. (The shuttle service ends at 10pm)

Since Ale House does not take reservations, I'm going to head out 15 mts prior to put my name down for our tables. I hope to reduce some waiting time by doing this.

Updated list:
aSiAnRiCk
socrates
boxo

To those of you who never been there, you can visit their website here ^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The managers of the Ale House called me back today after my visit with Dovster. We are on their memo as the FlyerTalk group. Although no reservations can be taken. She assured me they will do their best to get us seated together Will first person to get there please request the patio?
med81

braefoot + 1
Cholula + 1
alex0683de
Kiwi Flyer

MRKEY
aSiAnRiCk
socrates
boxo

Last edited by MRKEY; Oct 24, 2007 at 3:40 pm
Old Oct 24, 2007, 2:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
violist, I was worried about you wiling away all those hours alone at PBI. Great you already have two on the hook. I may not be able to check back here before arriving in Boca. scoow (who will have a car) can figure out if it'll work for us to meet you up there. I mapped out a couple geocache sites on the way. There's one in a park at the west end of the runway(?).

Two thumbs up to Ricky for securing our Friday night designated driver. ^ ^

Today, it's 80 degrees and dry where I am. Oh well, there will be enough "FT sunshine" to cover the weekend.

I packed the three most important things - 1) the travel journal, 2) my gift for the exchange and 3) miles or points earning credit cards. See you all in a couple days.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 3:52 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by scoow
*waving hand* *jumping up and down* Me, me, me.
Of course, I'll be waaaayyyy in the back. But I'll try not to disturb your pre-departure drink when I slink past your luxurious first class accomodations.

Need a ride to ES? Carol & I are meeting in PBI, but should have room for another. (Unless she's packed everything & the kitchen sink. Don't worry, Carol - it's only a problem because I will have packed the cabinet for it!)
Slinking will not be necessary. First, my upgrade has (unexplicably) not yet cleared. There are still 8 unassigned seats, and thus, hope. Second, when it does clear, this is a 757; the boarding process of which eliminates any possibility of plebes sprinkling lint in our pre-departure drinks as they file by.

I have rented a car, as I must drive to Daytona on Sunday afternoon, but thanks for the offer. If you have time, however, I would be happy to have you as my guest in the nearest CRC to our departure gate. I'm scheduled into ATL at around 1015, so there's plenty of time. That said, I'm flying to ATL on ASA, so anything is possible. If you have time for this and are unconcerned that this could send Dovster into a jealous rage, PM me and we can exchange cell phone numbers.

Originally Posted by socrates
no offense but every good Skyteam member knows the flight to be on is NW890 (I guess that explains why I'm on DL579 at xmas)
That may be the flight for the "good" SkyTeam members, but the truly discerning ones will be arriving on various Delta flights throughout the week.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by MRKEY
The managers of the Ale House called me back today after my visit with Dovster. We are on their memo as the FlyerTalk group. Although no reservations can be taken. She assured me they will do their best to get us seated together Will first person to get there please request the patio?

Updated list:
aSiAnRiCk
socrates
boxo
med81
braefoot + 1
Cholula + 1
alex0683de
Kiwi Flyer
MRKEY
Thank you for giving them a heads up. I've never been to their new Yamato location but let's hope it's not as busy as the one on Glades. Especially on a Saturday night
Two thumbs up to Ricky for securing our Friday night designated driver. ^ ^
Aww, thank you. I figured that my little Toyota Camry is too small to carpool. Also, I think I'm going to drive my car to the Ale House anyway, just in case we'll be there longer than 9:45pm (thus having to miss our hotel shuttle). Looking at the distance between ES and the Ale House, it shouldn't be more than a three minutes trip.

Last edited by aSiAnRiCk; Oct 24, 2007 at 4:51 pm
Old Oct 24, 2007, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Today, it's 80 degrees and dry where I am. Oh well, there will be enough "FT sunshine" to cover the weekend.
ugh..it was 85 and sunny here today....can you say major drought? thankfully tstorms hit all afternoon
Old Oct 24, 2007, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That may be the flight for the "good" SkyTeam members, but the truly discerning ones will be arriving on various Delta flights throughout the week.
Richard hasnt been with DL long enough to make it acceptable to the discerning skyteam elites...on the other hand NWA doesnt enhance their "low yield markets" like some skyteam partners do....so I expect my breakfast to include eggs & meat (unlike the cup of fruit served as breakfast by that other airline in low yield markets)
Old Oct 24, 2007, 6:04 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by socrates
...so I expect my breakfast to include eggs & meat (unlike the cup of fruit served as breakfast by that other airline in low yield markets)
Hmmm...eggs and meat? Sending your best customers to an early grave doesn't sound like a great long-term marketing plan.

Heck, doesn't your flight originate in DTW? That makes it a transcon, so breakfast seems a fitting reward for your endurance.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 2:20 pm

I'm about to drive to MIA to pick up braefoot and her sister. Wish me a light traffic please

Can't wait to see most of you tomorrow! ^
Old Oct 25, 2007, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmmm...eggs and meat? Sending your best customers to an early grave doesn't sound like a great long-term marketing plan.

Heck, doesn't your flight originate in DTW? That makes it a transcon, so breakfast seems a fitting reward for your endurance.
Well it's only fitting since I'm starting only 500 miles north of my destination (nothing like flying 600 miles north to fly 1100 south)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.