Reload this Page >

Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2007, 2:13 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Originally Posted by okflyer
Due to my wife having an operation early next week I will not be able to make the meet.
Good luck with the surgery. Hope it will go well ^
Old Oct 21, 2007, 3:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
This is probably not necessary, but just to be certain that there are no problems I want to go over some of the rules regarding Meets as have been established both by Randy and by FT precedents.

1. Any registered FlyerTalker may attend any Meet which is publicly announced on the forum. No one, including the Meet organizer, has the right to veto his or her attendence.

2. If any event is announced here in connection with the Meet, it has to be open to all FTers. (It can, however, be restricted in number if necessary -- but not restricted by name.)

3. Anyone attending a Meet can organize a private event, which is not part of the Meet's activities, and in that case is free to invite only those FTers he wants there. In this case, it is not allowed to be announced on the forum.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 3:55 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by Dovster
This is probably not necessary, but just to be certain that there are no problems I want to go over some of the rules regarding Meets as have been established both by Randy and by FT precedents.

1. Any registered FlyerTalker may attend any Meet which is publicly announced on the forum. No one, including the Meet organizer, has the right to veto his or her attendence.

2. If any event is announced here in connection with the Meet, it has to be open to all FTers. (It can, however, be restricted in number if necessary -- but not restricted by name.)

3. Anyone attending a Meet can organize a private event, which is not part of the Meet's activities, and in that case is free to invite only those FTers he wants there. In this case, it is not allowed to be announced on the forum.
The Fort Lauderdale Boat Show is a category 2, certainly not private.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 8:44 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Please add me to the yes list. Arriving Thur Leaving Sunday. Staying at the ES. Looking for ride to and from airport (trying not to need a rental car). Would like to go to the boat show
Old Oct 22, 2007, 12:00 am

Programs: United Milage Plus, Alaska Airlines Milage Plan, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
Good luck with the surgery. Hope it will go well ^
Thanks a lot! I will pass that along to my wife! Hope to see many of you at other meets at another time.^
Old Oct 22, 2007, 3:41 am
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by Lehava
Please add me to the yes list. Arriving Thur Leaving Sunday. Staying at the ES. Looking for ride to and from airport (trying not to need a rental car). Would like to go to the boat show
Done and done, send flight info via PM.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 4:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Well it appears that my family--as in sibs--have all decided that we should have a golf weekend in North Carolina this coming weekend.

So our decision was, do we join the sibs for golf, or attend Dov and Bey's party? Since our tickets are on AS, which doesn't fly to North Carolina, and since we don't golf, in my crazy family where having a double digit handicap is a social stigma equal to being a child molester, the Dov and Bey Show won out. ^

This means that we may, or may not, show up on Friday night, depending on how long we spend at the show in MCO Friday afternoon.

How long does it take to drive from MCO to FLL, on a Friday afternoon, in traffic?
Old Oct 22, 2007, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Punki

How long does it take to drive from MCO to FLL, on a Friday afternoon, in traffic?
Your best bet is to avoid the traffic and stay off of I-95. Instead, take the Turnpike (although you may well run into some traffic to get to it).
Old Oct 22, 2007, 7:51 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Hans and Boat Show

I have been quiet about Hans' plans for Saturday because we have always known going to the FLL Boat Show was only one of the things he planned to do on Saturday. He has appointments in Miami and also in FLL during the day and has no idea as to what time he will get to the boat show nor how long he will stay.....he just told me he might only go for an hour.....

Hence I regret he cannot be relied on for rides to and from the show.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 9:09 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
I regret that I won't be able to meet all you lovely people this weekend, or Dov, either.

I have a family emergency that will keep me near home, and away from LGA, ORD, DFW and LAX on my way to FLL.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Lehava
so how many people are going to the boat show?
Old Oct 22, 2007, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
I regret that I won't be able to meet all you lovely people this weekend, or Dov, either.

I have a family emergency that will keep me near home, and away from LGA, ORD, DFW and LAX on my way to FLL.
you will be missed...(hope everything turns out ok)......I'll certainly miss hearing how many connections you took to go across the state
Old Oct 22, 2007, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MsEverywhere

I am really sorry to hear that, and I know that the lovely people will be too.

You will be missed.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by socrates
so how many people are going to the boat show?
I will go if I can get a ride with someone. UP's car is already full, so if someone else is headed that direction....
Old Oct 22, 2007, 3:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
It's currently 84 degrees, dry with a slight breeze where I am. The Boca forecast doesn't look good for this week/weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.