Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2007, 9:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
BTW - is anyone else getting in on Friday around 4pm to FLL? If so, can I catch a ride? If not, I'll do the Tri-Rail. Cheers.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 9:47 am

Programs: DL, NW Silver Elite, Hilton
Originally Posted by Dovster
I don't believe it is possible for any gift to be tackier. U.S. Customs x-rayed my bags when I came in and I was frightened that the x-ray would reveal Cholula's gift and not allow me into the country.
Cholula, I know you were probably worried before, but it's beginning to look like it could be quite the gift!! Egads!

Speaking of Sharon's question, who else is arriving in PBI Friday mid day? I'm waiting to hear back from one person...anyone else?
Old Oct 17, 2007, 10:12 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Still no baby. I'm starting to stress out. I should know for sure by Monday if I'm "confirmed" or "condemned."
Old Oct 17, 2007, 10:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by SS255
Still no baby. I'm starting to stress out. I should know for sure by Monday if I'm "confirmed" or "condemned."
You gotta come to the Meet. Your Dovster Award will be waiting for you there! (And so will Dovster.)

I don't want to go into details of why I had these problems, but until several days ago I was certain that I was going to fly TLV-ATL in Biz. Then I realized that not only would Biz be impossible but that I might not get onto my flight at all!

I made a bunch of phone calls and sent some panicky e-mails and finally discovered that the only way I could be 100% certain of making it was to stand by on three separate days. The first of those three days was yesterday and it looked like I was going to face 13 hours in Economy in a middle seat.

I got on the flight, was lucky enough to get an aisle seat (although in a row in which the seat could not be reclined) and even had the only empty chair on the entire plane next to me.

I got into ATL at 5:20 in the morning, with a hotel reservation for 3 pm, and a flight out to PBI the next day. I called the hotel and they agreed to give me my room early -- 6 am.

So, even though I did not get a Biz seat, and had to sit in the same position for the entire flight, I managed to guarantee that I will be in PBI not only for the Meet but also in order to spend time visiting my mother for several days before it.

So don't give up! There is always another way to get what you want.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Ladies Beware!! Is this Dov?
Old Oct 17, 2007, 11:16 am

Programs: DL, NW Silver Elite, Hilton
Originally Posted by Traveller
LMAO, Traveller...I saw that myself this morning and wondered that very same thing!! And then I thought, well, it all sounds right, minus the marriage part, so I assumed it wasn't!
Old Oct 17, 2007, 1:01 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Dovster I am glad you made it to ATL. I'm sure Denny's welcomed you with open arms. What a trip..no reclining? I had AC flight to TLV 1 year stuck in the middle seat back row. Never again as I'd rather take a beating than do that again. Enjoy your visit with your Mother!
Old Oct 17, 2007, 4:46 pm

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
BTW - is anyone else getting in on Friday around 4pm to FLL? If so, can I catch a ride? If not, I'll do the Tri-Rail. Cheers.
If you end up having to slum it on the Tri-Rail, you just might see me there - I get into MIA at 3:35, and luck and US Immigration permitting, I hope to make it onto the 4:30 train from MIA, which will call at FLL at 5:02, and should arrive in Boca at 5:34.

The one flaw in this plan may be CBP's reaction to a 20-something male with a pristine (because fairly new) passport arriving for a stay of just two days with hand luggage only. Wish me luck!!

Originally Posted by Traveller
Originally Posted by aucarol
LMAO, Traveller...I saw that myself this morning and wondered that very same thing!! And then I thought, well, it all sounds right, minus the marriage part, so I assumed it wasn't!
For me, the deal breaker was "... is a member of Israel's impoverished Bedouin Arab community".

Dovster may claim to be impoverished, but he is definitely not a Bedouin.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 6:07 pm
In Memoriam

Saturday for the non-Mall Shoppers

As a point of intrest...

Fort lauderdale Boat Show is the same weekend.

Every kind of boat from 15 to 150'+

In Water, In the FL CC...

$15.00 entrance.

FLL Boat Show is one of the largest in the world for Multi-Class Boats.

You can arrive by water taxi.

Wear good walking shoes.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 6:22 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by underpressure
As a point of intrest...

Fort lauderdale Boat Show is the same weekend.
I know that Hans, the lesser half of the famed dedehans dynamic duo, is planning on going. So maybe he'd like some company if anyone is interested.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA1KMM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Cholula
I know that Hans, the lesser half of the famed dedehans dynamic duo, is planning on going. So maybe he'd like some company if anyone is interested.
I may be up for a diversion like that. I haven't been to a boat show in years so Punki will probably want to take all of my credit cards before I go.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 7:02 pm

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
Well, after a few hours of "secondary screening" at LAX's immigration, they finally let me into the US . Happy to be back here and looking forward to meeting you all next week.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Welcome back to the US, BEYFlyer!
"A few hours"! What did you do? Tell them you are heading to Florida to meet an Israeli?
Old Oct 18, 2007, 7:36 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
Well, after a few hours of "secondary screening" at LAX's immigration, they finally let me into the US . Happy to be back here and looking forward to meeting you all next week.
Spend lots of monet here! We need help with our economy.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 7:39 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by aucarol
Cholula, I know you were probably worried before, but it's beginning to look like it could be quite the gift!! Egads!

Speaking of Sharon's question, who else is arriving in PBI Friday mid day? I'm waiting to hear back from one person...anyone else?
Just me... remember... Houlover Beach?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.