Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007

Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007

Old Oct 15, 07, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by rbernheim View Post
Sorry the job said no. Will miss all of you.
Originally Posted by timid_trnchcoat View Post
I will not be able to attend, so please remove me from the possible list.

rbernheim was at the original PBI/FLL DO back in '04 and was one of the first FT'ers I met in person.

timid_trnchcoat was at COW DO III a month or so ago and was the most recent FT'er I met in person.

Both will be missed.

Originally Posted by Dovster View Post
On another subject, I apparently have an e-mail problem.

I recently mentioned on the Delta Forum thread that I will be staying at an El Cheapo hotel in Atlanta for one night before flying on to Florida. I have no question in my mind at all that Cholula, having read this, decided that there is no way he would permit this and immediately made a reservation for me at a more upscale establishment, such as the Crowne Plaza, especially when he saw that he could get me a smoking room there for only $199.99 plus tax.

Yet, for some strange reason, I never received a confirmation e-mail from the hotel.
While friends don't let friends stay at a third-rate, airport Econo Lodge in the worst part of town, they also don't necessarily pay for better accommodations.
Old Oct 15, 07, 9:37 am

Programs: This game has *seriously* lost its luster.
Shewt, I Pricelined that Crowne Plaza last year for $45+. How much are you paying for your flea bag?
Old Oct 15, 07, 12:02 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors lackey
Request to everyone. Please read Post # 3 of this thread.

If you are on the "Definite" list, make certain that the information posted about you is correct. If not, please let me know. If there is no information posted about which days you will be there, let me know that also. That will help in getting more exact figures both for the bar on Friday night and the dinner on Saturday night. (This is also true for local residents.)

If you are on the "Possible" list, and you now know if you will be there or not, please let me know. If you don't know, please tell me as soon as you do.

If you are on neither list, but think there is a possibility that you will come, it is not too late -- but please let me know.

Dov,
I'm really sorry, but I am going to have to pass on this trip. I have some pretty serious problems at home and I will have to be there to handle some things. I'm going to miss seeing you and meeting Bey Flyer. I'm also going to miss seeing Mr and Mrs Cholula. You guys have a great time!

Mo
Old Oct 15, 07, 12:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Modapa View Post
Dov,
I'm really sorry, but I am going to have to pass on this trip. I have some pretty serious problems at home and I will have to be there to handle some things. I'm going to miss seeing you and meeting Bey Flyer. I'm also going to miss seeing Mr and Mrs Cholula. You guys have a great time!

Mo
Modapa, I am sorry to hear that you won't be with us and even sorrier to learn about your problems. You will be missed.
Old Oct 15, 07, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Needed: A designated photographer

Of course, anyone who wants to can take pix at the Meet, but I am hoping that we will have at least one person who will be at the 4:35 Dovster Award ceremonies, the 5:30 drinking, and the following night at the dinner who is willing to take digital pix and put them up on the net.

Any volunteers?
Old Oct 15, 07, 3:06 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Of course, anyone who wants to can take pix at the Meet, but I am hoping that we will have at least one person who will be at the 4:35 Dovster Award ceremonies, the 5:30 drinking, and the following night at the dinner who is willing to take digital pix and put them up on the net.

Any volunteers?
If you grant me access to take the first ever picture of you and BEY Flyer together for the first time, I would be willing to do it.

As for putting them on the Internet, I do not know of a good Internet web site on which to post the pictures. I liked Fotki, for example, but it now limits how many pictures can be posted on its Internet web site.
Old Oct 15, 07, 3:10 pm

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush.
Not only has my offer to take pics. been accepted [if nobody else wants to do it,] but I have a posh title.
'Official Court Photographer'and the somewhat questionable ' Scotch Taster'. That one is more doubtful cos I'm teetotal --despite where I come from. However my sister Catherine can more than make up for me!
Margaret
Old Oct 15, 07, 3:13 pm

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush.
I can leave the job of official photographer to dear Canarsie and I shall be the official Scotch adviser after my sister has sampled the various drinks on offer at the Happy Hour!
Old Oct 15, 07, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Canarsie View Post
If you grant me access to take the first ever picture of you and BEY Flyer together for the first time, I would be willing to do it.

I certainly have no objection to you taking the first picture of BEYFlyer and me together but I have no idea of how I could go about enforcing that. If somebody grabs his camera before you do, there would be little I could do to stop it.

If you have a suggestion, I am willing to listen to it.

Before you posted, braefoot sent me a PM offering to take on this task. In return, I appointed her Official Court Photographer and Scotch Taster. Of course, there is always room for more than one.

In fact, it would be best if you took the picture when she got her Dovster Award and she took the picture when you get your son's.

After we go to the bar, it would probably be better if you took most of the shots. braefoot is, after all, from Scotland and it would be nice if we got some pictures which are in focus.

As far as posting them on the net is concerned, I think Punki can probably recommend a good site.
Old Oct 15, 07, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
As far as posting them on the net is concerned, I think Punki can probably recommend a good site.
Or SkiAdcock who's also got a great FT album!
Old Oct 15, 07, 4:13 pm

Programs: This game has *seriously* lost its luster.
I'm a little photo-obsessed, so regardless I'll have a DO-dedicated online album that will be publicly posted.
Old Oct 15, 07, 6:37 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I can host the pictures if it's needed, I've got tons of space.
Old Oct 15, 07, 8:44 pm

add a +1 for me.
Old Oct 15, 07, 9:44 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by braefoot View Post
...I shall be the official Scotch adviser after my sister has sampled the various drinks on offer at the Happy Hour!
I happily volunteer to be your understudy. I've stayed several times in an old Scottish castle (converted to a hunting lodge) near Insch that has a downstairs bar with over 300 single malts from which to choose. I was about a quarter of the way around the wall after my last visit. I've also traversed the whisky trail a number of times (and have even been Nelly spotting!), so feel that I am best qualified for this prestigous position.
Old Oct 16, 07, 1:06 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Mileage Run on CO out of PBI ..

Just a heads up for any of you OP or ST members .. CO has a great deal out of PBI to few destinations. In case you want to do an MR while you're in town. You can find the thread here ^

I would've took advantage of it but CO's T-fare only earns 50% EQM's on NW

Last edited by aSiAnRiCk; Oct 16, 07 at 1:11 am

Search this Thread