Wiki Posts
Search

SFO Dinner (Burlingame) III- 5:30 PM Saturday, April 28

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2007, 9:39 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
So who took pictures? (I hope someone!)
I gtot a couple of pictures of flyinryan and skye1 wearing their inflatable headgear. I also got a pic of the bartender at the SFO RCC posing with a bottle of Maker's Mark bourbon (which is noticably absent from most other RCCs) and the whiskey sour she made me.

I'll try to get them posted later this evening.

lucky's absence from the do just gives us a reason for doing a Cafe Figaro DO 2!

Again, it was a great event and was nice to see old friends and meet new ones. Bravo Zuzu, shipmate!

Oh yeah, lucky and xj47, they were kind enough to hold my plane for me in IAD and I made it onboard and home. I was delaying my boarding at the C17 RCC because I thought I was flying out of C17 (darn easy update) and had plenty of time. Turns out I had to hustle all the way down to C7 and they shut the door right as I boarded. I belive that the nifty United bag I got at the DO may have led them to think I was someone important. LOL!

Finally, while I didn't score big - like lucky did - I am getting a voucher for a broken IFE on the redeye. Already got an email from the ICC promising the check is in the mail! While I won't ever take the title of "worst customer" from alliance, I'll be happy with 2nd place.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 10:02 am

Programs: AS MVP, WN A-List+ UA Silver, HH <>, National EE, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by djerikd
I won't ever take the title of "worst customer" from alliance, I'll be happy with 2nd place.
The difference between you and alliance is that he's the "worst customer" on, like, six different airlines!
Old Apr 30, 2007, 4:29 pm

Great meeting all of you!

Dear SFO Dinner III gatherers,

I enjoyed meeting all of you and hope to see you again at a future event. I hope everyone got a little something for themselves from the bags of United gifts! ...I wonder-- was any one item more sought after than another? I will do my best to procure more of that one in the future.

As for thanking "iflyua," please send him as many thank yous as you wish! I'm sure he will appreciate it. We can never hear it (or say it!) too much. I haven't met capital letters "IFLYUA," but hope to someday.

Again, it was so nice to meet you all. To those of you who are United frequent flyers, thank you for supporting me and all my fellow United workers. We wouldn't be here today if it weren't for you, and we hope to be here for years to come, thanks to your continued loyalty. ...As for SFO-SJC Flyer and his fellow Deltoids, enjoy your new airplane livery, and your choice of SunChips and granola bars. Economy Plus is here, waiting for you!

-flyua.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 4:42 pm

Sorry, flyua! There is another FA on the boards that goes by iflyua2, so I think people were getting confused.

Also sorry that I got there so late as to have not met you! Lucky and I were bummed at the thought. Save me a UA pin or notebook next time!
Old Apr 30, 2007, 5:35 pm

Woah!

Thanks for the reply, xj47. I had no idea there were so many FTers of like minds (not that I'm terribly original)!

There's me, flyua, but there's also: iflyua, iflyua2, and IFLYUA! It's a good thing we don't share an e-mail address!

A pin and notepad will be saved for you!

-the unoriginal "flyua."
Old Apr 30, 2007, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xj47
Lucky and I were bummed at the thought. Save me a UA pin or notebook next time!
You owe me $10!
Originally Posted by flyua
As for SFO-SJC Flyer and his fellow Deltoids, enjoy your new airplane livery, and your choice of SunChips and granola bars. Economy Plus is here, waiting for you!
^ Not to mention a pretty good F product which has FOOD (not sure if people at DL have heard of that?) and glassware.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 7:19 pm

D'oh! Sorry, flyua, my mistake! Shoulda looked at the namebadge a little closer!
Old Apr 30, 2007, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
You owe me $10!

^ Not to mention a pretty good F product which has FOOD (not sure if people at DL have heard of that?) and glassware.
No food, no pillows, ugly new livery, 2-class planes...wow, where do I sign up?
Old May 2, 2007, 10:50 am

Programs: 2Peon, NW PLAT, HH Diamond & *W Fallen-from-Gold-Grace
Originally Posted by xj47
Hahaha. I would've made it. I was in the RCC when I called you! And then I eventually made it to the DO, albeit almost 2 hrs later than planned. Oh well. See you at the next one.
Ah, I was just bein' smart to displace my guilt for not calling you earlier. Will definitely make the next DO and/or RCC meet... well unless I have a mechanical or VDB op!
Old May 4, 2007, 5:53 pm

As promised, here's the evidence that flyinryan and skye1 are both secret Southwest fans. Also, proof that at least one RCC stocks Maker's Mark!

CafeFigaro-DO Gallery

Last edited by djerikd; May 4, 2007 at 6:04 pm
Old May 4, 2007, 6:20 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by djerikd
As promised, here's the evidence that flyinryan and skye1 are both secret Southwest fans.
co·erce (k-ûrs)
tr.v. co·erced, co·erc·ing, co·erc·es
1. To force to act or think in a certain way by use of pressure, threats, or intimidation; compel.
2. To dominate, restrain, or control forcibly: coerced the attendees into compliance. See Synonyms at force.
3. To bring about by force or threat: efforts to coerce agreement....or to wear the silly hats of silly airlines.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 6:32 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, just saw this but won't make it, will be down in LA because of peter's Andaz Hyatt do!!
Old Apr 19, 2009, 6:45 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Sorry, just saw this but won't make it, will be down in LA because of peter's Andaz Hyatt do!!
This thread is two years old! From 2007.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 1:09 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boxo
This thread is two years old! From 2007.
Whoops, then I definitely won't make it -- time machine is in the shop!
Old Apr 20, 2009, 1:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
and in case of further confusion, I'm going to close this with the note...

this thread is 2 years old...

Jenbel
Co-moderator, Communitybuzz!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.