Las Vegas - Friday Night Thai - 2 March 2007

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Las Vegas - Friday Night Thai - 2 March 2007

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2007, 10:55 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Barring unforseen circumstances, I will be there. Though I do not like Thai (becuase everything is so hot), if someone could recommend me a normal dish I'd love it.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 11:20 am

I can't make the 2pm flight from MSP-LAS, and the 9:24PM flight is too late (and doesn't have any seats). Otherwise I was considering dropping in for this.

If you ever hold any events on Saturday/Saturday eves., let me know.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 11:54 am

If there was any doubt about my making it... no worries. I was able to standby for the 10:10 PHX-LAS flight - and am at the LAS US lounge right now. See you guys tonight.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
I can't make the 2pm flight from MSP-LAS, and the 9:24PM flight is too late (and doesn't have any seats). Otherwise I was considering dropping in for this.

If you ever hold any events on Saturday/Saturday eves., let me know.
Is there no 430 or 5pmish flight on fridays?

Oh and there is a Sun Country and Champion Air flight that leave around 5pm as well.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by trekwars2000
Barring unforseen circumstances, I will be there. Though I do not like Thai (becuase everything is so hot), if someone could recommend me a normal dish I'd love it.
I'm glad to hear it! There are many menu items that'll satisfy you.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by trekwars2000
Is there no 430 or 5pmish flight on fridays?

Oh and there is a Sun Country and Champion Air flight that leave around 5pm as well.
I'd have to pay for these flights, however.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 3:05 pm

Programs: 2Peon, NW PLAT, HH Diamond & *W Fallen-from-Gold-Grace
trekwars2000, don't forget to bring the rock.

Ewww, too bad. I would love to meet The Schmutzig. Another time.

debua1k, thanks for the reply to my PM. Anything you have is more than fine with me! Beggars can't be choosers.

Five hours and counting.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 4:07 pm

alliance, I just saw your signature. Impressive DOer. Six in two weeks. Is that a record? See you tonight. BTW, do you need to be picked-up?
Old Mar 2, 2007, 6:48 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Last call if you need a ride, shoot me a PM.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 11:45 pm

A most excellent dinner with great company! ^ ^ ^ to the LAS FTers (and FourWheels too!)

Thank you everyone for your hospitality and help in launching my DO-RUN. I had a great time. We had quite a collection of war stories between all of us.

I'll be back in LAS with Mrs. Alliance on the 23-25th for the DMB shows... hopefully we can find a time to meet up again when we are in town.

1 DO down, 5 to go!
Old Mar 3, 2007, 12:24 am

Great meeting the LAS folks tonight! I learned ALOT. ^

alliance, I'll look forward to following up on your Run DO from MAD/OTP and/or LCA.
Old Mar 3, 2007, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance
Wow! What a great bunch of FTers!

alliance - Thanks for flying up, I was captivated by your travel tales and I'll be personally enriched by your mileage earing guidance. I'm glad we could be first in your Do-Attendance Marathon!

FourWheels - I trust the Las Vegas FTers, plus alliance, were everything I promised (maybe even more?). You were the first FTer I've seen take notes at a Do: I'm impressed.

TravelScholar - Welcome to the Las Vegas FT fold! This whole week I was thinking "We should really find that FTer from Indiana, and ensure he attends." I've been busy this week, so I didn't find time to search FT for the Hoosier FTer...what a blessing and surprise it was you!

trekwars2000 - It's great to finally meet you! Hopefully I'll find time, today, to book a (some?) SJU trip(s), quite possibly with you and Mrp Alert!

Mrp Alert - Once again, I'm impressed with your program knowledge, and this time I'm doubly impressed with your Thai culture knowledge. Each time we meet, I pick up a little bit more info. I've even more impressed with your new license plates...if iluv2fly ever makes a Las Vegas Do, I'm certain he'll be even more impresssed!

debua1k et al - This dinner was long overdue and quite welcome. I'm sorry I didn't have much opportunity to chat it up with you and yours, but we can make it up in two weeks. I'll trust your word this daughter is as impressive as the last...certainly she has a beautiful daughter.

Next time...

I hope to see even more Las Vegas FTers and awesome vistors!
Old Mar 3, 2007, 11:52 am

Thanks for the invite! I certainly enjoyed it. Keep me posted on any future happenings. I need to get back into the mileage game.

BTW, feel free to check out the Concorde trip report that got me the VIP treatment on BA...

http://www.travelscholar.com

I've not updated this site in a long time, even though I have plenty of photos for plenty more reports. But to write them out and edit the photos like I do, it takes more time than I've had in awhile.

Also, if any of you are on MySpace, then feel free to add me:

www [dot] my space (dot) com {slash} soundmessage

I've got some photos up there, too.
Old Mar 3, 2007, 3:24 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Sorry this Hoosier missed you guys by a week. Looks like you guys had a fabulous time. Hopefully the next time I get there.
Old Mar 3, 2007, 4:58 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
When's the next one???

(yep, I'm sitting here in the snow, looking at march/april/may for warmer clime's....)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.