Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Official Post Freddies 2007 Weekend - Arlington, VA 4/27-4/29

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Are you planning to stay in Crystal City Area or elsewhere?
Yes, I am staying in Crystal City
35.42%
No, I will be staying elsewhere but will be on the metro line
39.58%
No, I will be staying elsewhere with no metro access
12.50%
Help, I have no idea where to stay
12.50%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Official Post Freddies 2007 Weekend - Arlington, VA 4/27-4/29

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2007, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA1KMM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
We had a great time this weekend

We're currently in the RCC at DCA with dmfriedman, Iluvtofly, FlyinHawaian waiting for our flights.

Punki says that she'll post our photos after we get home. It was great to see all. Unfortunately, we didn't make it up for the brunch this morning.

See you later,
Old Apr 30, 2007, 7:11 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Soooo....my most sincere apologies to the Sunday Brunchers. Steph asked me to be there to coordinate at 10 Sunday morning but quite frankly the pub 'crawl'/Dubliner left me rather helpless and pathetic Sunday morning. I TRIED to rally, I really did. But alas the spirit was willing but the flesh was weak.

I apologize for any confusion/lack of coordination that took place that morning.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 8:37 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Koko:

No worries, we took turns doing weird and perverse things to your jacket in your absence. Hope you know a good dry cleaner...

To those who made it - it was very nice to meet so many new FTers as well as catch up with others. It was a very nice morning with great food and conversation. Thanks to cova for taking the lead on straightening things out on site.

p.s. PM chtiet if you want your jacket back.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
It was great to see everyone. I had a great time!
Old Apr 30, 2007, 1:16 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by xyzzy
It was great to see everyone. I had a great time!
I had an awesome time as well. What a great gang!
Old Apr 30, 2007, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
I can attest to the fact that Kokonutz really tried. I received a very pathetic sounding voice mail from him which was sent Sunday morning.. Fortunately we had the good sense to turn off our phones when we decided to go back to bed after breakfast on Sunday, so we didn't actually get the message until we finally decided to get up for good on Sunday afternoon.

Thanks to everyone who worked to put the weekend together. We had lots of fun. Hopefully I will have some time to post some pictures this evening.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I had a really great time! Thanks to everyone. Yes, everyone, even those who behaved oddly/badly -- always good to have someone to gossip about!!!
Old May 1, 2007, 4:31 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
I had a really great time! Thanks to everyone. Yes, everyone, even those who behaved oddly/badly -- always good to have someone to gossip about!!!
I second that motion. At Whitlow's, we all voted unanimously that kokonutz will pick up the tab for all drinks at the next FT Post-Freddies Weekend to make amends. Thanks in advance, koknutz. You deserve it!
Old May 1, 2007, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Originally Posted by DCBob
At Whitlow's, we all voted unanimously that kokonutz will pick up the tab for all drinks at the next FT Post-Freddies Weekend to make amends. Thanks in advance, koknutz. You deserve it!
Yes -- it was definitely a fair and impartial vote
Old May 1, 2007, 8:25 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by DCBob
I second that motion. At Whitlow's, we all voted unanimously that kokonutz will pick up the tab for all drinks at the next FT Post-Freddies Weekend to make amends. Thanks in advance, koknutz. You deserve it!
If you'd seen me Sunday morning you'd know I've been punished already. Something about throwing that dirty girlscout in the mix with many, many pints...well...there is something MORE to gossip about!

I'm always pleased to buy rounds! Next FT pub crawl, I swear! ^

Ok, in my defense, its not the kind of dirty girl scout you think....

Last edited by kokonutz; May 1, 2007 at 8:31 am
Old May 1, 2007, 1:49 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Glad to see some folks I already knew and to meet some new ones. Thanks especially to TrojanHorse for being such a good sport.

Looks like I made a good decision to leave early Saturday evening if dirty girlscouts were being passed around. LOL.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old May 1, 2007, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
In all fairness, I wasn't referring ONLY to kokonutz, who is of course always one of the "usual suspects" when it comes to party-animal behavior.

There are several others whose antics will be gossip fodder for years to come!
Old May 2, 2007, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are several others whose antics...
Please, don't forget the shoes!
Old May 2, 2007, 4:59 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
It's not behaving oddly if it is the way I normally behave.
Old May 2, 2007, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VPescado
It's not behaving oddly if it is the way I normally behave.
After meeting you countless times, though, it was the first time I'd ever seen you do THAT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.