Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Dinner - Saturday, Jan 20 - Greek @ The Beach

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2007, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MapleLeaf
Can you just change me to a maybe, it is only proper that I ask the guy who lives in Manhattan Beach if he is game for this.

What time would dinner be? I have a wedding that won't end until 5:30 or so, in WeHo, guessing earliest I would be there is 6:30 - then I can't stay late, I work on Sunday's.
Done. Haven't picked a dinner time yet, figuring people's schedules would be a little more clear closer to the date. After I get back from the London Detox Do, I'll give Petro's a call w/ approximate numbers (to account for last minute/late additions).

How does 7:00 sound to everyone? Good? Earlier? Later?
Old Jan 12, 2007, 5:49 am

Programs: AA EXP/2M, Marriott Platinum
I’ll be leaving downtown probably around 10 pm when the concert ends. Hope this isn’t too late to grab coffee/dessert.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alicesantamonica
I’ll be leaving downtown probably around 10 pm when the concert ends. Hope this isn’t too late to grab coffee/dessert.
I would think we'd still be around by then...the food is really that good. And, if previous *cough* *cough* wine experiences hold, we'll definitely still be there. If not, we'd likely be close by at a nearby FTer's place, for the ongoing *cough* *cough* wine expereinces.

I'm sure mobile numbers can be exchanged b4 then so that if late arrivals are later, or we need to leave earlier, a call could fix that.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
Bump for one of our two LAX DOs.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 6:41 am

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Put me on the "wish you were there..." list. I'm going to be in NYC that evening.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DHAST
Put me on the "wish you were there..." list. I'm going to be in NYC that evening.

Done.
Sorry we'll miss you...seems that most FTers are pretty good at posting their expereinces, so hopefully you'll have some posts to vicariously live out the LAX dinners with.

I will be contacting the restaurant in the next couple of days to at least make a tentaive reservation, and will leave a few additional numbers for last minute additions. They've seemed VERY flexible with groups large & small, so no worries.

Does 7:30 work for most? Earlier? Later?
Old Jan 16, 2007, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
7 or 7:30pm works for me. Do you have a firm # for ressies yet? On a Sat night we'll need them. The last time we were shunted into a 6pm slot because they were already booked the remainder of the evening. Also, request indoors - it's been freezing here in LA (30s in the evenings).

Cheers.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 10:04 am

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
7 or 7:30pm works for me. Do you have a firm # for ressies yet? On a Sat night we'll need them. The last time we were shunted into a 6pm slot because they were already booked the remainder of the evening. Also, request indoors - it's been freezing here in LA (30s in the evenings).

Cheers.
If it hasn't been freezing, it's been windy. Neither has been a picnic.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 10:09 am
Suspended

I just noticed that there may be Fri drinks or Sun brunch as well. Those are way easier for me.

Having to work early on Sun I am hesitant to come down on Sat., have some wine when I have to be home at a decent hour and up and at the church for 8 a.m. on Sunday. Generally I am finished by 12:30 though, so brunch afterwards someplace works well. Friday drinks are even better
Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
7 or 7:30pm works for me. Do you have a firm # for ressies yet?
Am awaiting confirmations from a couple of our maybe's, and will also keep a few slots "open" for last minute additions (people that have pm'd me saying they'll know by mid-week what the weekend is looking like).
Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP/2M, Marriott Platinum
Friday drinks may be better for me also. Don’t count me in for Saturday night as I will probably leave at 12:30 am Sunday morning to go skiing.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alicesantamonica
Friday drinks may be better for me also. Don’t count me in for Saturday night as I will probably leave at 12:30 am Sunday morning to go skiing.
I'll get into LAX around 10pm, and could catch up with the group whenever after that.

Suggestions for Friday drinks venue anyone (preferably close to or short cab from LAX)???
Old Jan 17, 2007, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Bump to say that I'll be calling either this evening or tomorrow morning for reservations. I'll make sure to leave room in the numbers for last minute additions (so if you're just now discovering this thread, you're not too late--no worries).
Old Jan 17, 2007, 9:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Knowing this group, don't leave too many slots open. We're more a rsvp & not show than a show group, at least in LA

I'm in town this entire weekend, but given my computer is on current melt-down & I've wasted at least 1 entire day & maybe 2 backing up files, I'm a maybe for the rest of the weekend stuff. If it's near MB of course I can probably make it, but otherwise if I have to drive too far might actually work () to get caught up.

skye1 you've got my cell # if by chance my computer does actually crash & you don't hear from me before then.

Cheers.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Reservations are for 6pm, under the group name, "Flyertalk", inside instead of on -the-patio.

As I recall, things actually do get quite crowded from about 7pm on, so we'll at least get there before the masses hit.

Note: I'm a pretty flexible guy, & we can go later if nobody can get there by then, we'd just be out on the clear-plastic-tent-enclosed patio under a heat lamp. Not sure what the group consensus on that would be, but I can call back tomorrow night & switch to it if that's everyone's preference. Noting how cold it's been for L.A. lately (relatively cold...a heat wave compared to here, but chilly for SoCal), I didnt' think many would go for this

Last edited by skye1; Jan 17, 2007 at 10:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.