Reload this Page >

DC-10 Retirement DO - HNL 1/7/07

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC-10 Retirement DO - HNL 1/7/07

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2006, 7:43 am

Do we want to wait until next month when we can find out the exact aircraft and add the N-number to the t-shirts? If not, then I think the design is pretty much set.

My bet is on #1234.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 3:14 pm

Programs: LanChile LanPass, SWA Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
Do we want to wait until next month when we can find out the exact aircraft and add the N-number to the t-shirts? If not, then I think the design is pretty much set.

My bet is on #1234.

My wife and I are booked in 2A and 2B for the retirement flight, and we have have already ordered our t-shirts!!!

N24SW
Old Nov 3, 2006, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by N24SW
My wife and I are booked in 2A and 2B for the retirement flight, and we have have already ordered our t-shirts!!!

N24SW
...well, I guess the design is pretty much set, then.

Out of curiosity, when did you get your seats in F? And are you flying revenue or on award tickets? I'm trying to get an idea of who's in F and how they got there. I'm trying to get there for a standard award myself.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
So far we have 7 in F & 4 in Y (11 total)!

Need seat #'s for NorthwestYoda, rtarbuck, james318

complete list in base post
Old Nov 3, 2006, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Would the FTers in the main Cabin PM me with ticket locator #

Please PM me with your ticket locators. There might be an opportunity to improve your seat assignment on this historical flight.

RC
Old Nov 3, 2006, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by Radiocycle
Please PM me with your ticket locators. There might be an opportunity to improve your seat assignment on this historical flight.

RC
I've PM'd the 4 in coach, also let another 7 possible fence-sitters know that this might be a good time to make a move!
Old Nov 3, 2006, 6:54 pm

Programs: LanChile LanPass, SWA Rapid Rewards
...well, I guess the design is pretty much set, then.

Out of curiosity, when did you get your seats in F? And are you flying revenue or on award tickets? I'm trying to get an idea of who's in F and how they got there. I'm trying to get there for a standard award myself.

Got the seats in F on 10-26....Revenue this time around...Folks better hurry and "get off the fence" if they want to go on this historic flight..The seats are going fast!!! Got day passes to the WorldClub as well, so we will hang out there before the flight..

N24SW
Old Nov 3, 2006, 11:09 pm

PM sent, RC. I'm looking forward to the flight even more now.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 5:49 am

Programs: DL Diamond
I'm booked in F. Also I'm a WorldClub member so I can get two in for pre-flight festivities.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 9:09 am

I think the HNL WorldClub is going to have to go through an expansion project before we get there. Sounds like we might occupy a lot of the currently available space. But there's also the PC and the CRC...
Old Nov 4, 2006, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
I'm on board...

In 14J. I conferred with the redtailshark family and decided I couldn't miss out on this historic event. I should move to 22J while it's still open, since some of you guys are vacating Y

Better yet, I've made this a mini-MR, SAN-SEA-OGG-HNL-MSP-IAH-TUS. Anyone who wants details on how this can be done for ~750 all in send me a PM. The method also works from certain other West Coast origin cities, but not all. These routings can be priced out significantly cheaper than this one, about 550 all in, but not with the all-important leg on 98 on Jan 7/8th. So it's not a real MR, but ~10k EQM is good for such a constrained itin and gets 07 off to a good start.

I have WC membership, can guest folks in at HNL.

Will there be a post-flight DO at the MSP WC? I'm not departing for IAH until 9am.

NWA Operations: please, no equipment subs on this flight if at all practicable! Surely we're all agreed: for once, none of us on this thread want a 333 sub for the D10.

RTS
Old Nov 4, 2006, 2:52 pm

Shall we start planning some pre-flight events? Sounds like some of us will be in HNL/surrounding areas at least a few days before the flight. How about some dinners (Sam Choy's? plate lunches?). Tours? Go visit sights from Lost? Anyone up for SCUBA? Trek to another island for a day trip?
Old Nov 4, 2006, 3:27 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Trek to another island for a day trip?
I'll be in Molokai and Kauai the whole week. If you guys come to either island, I'd gladly pick you up at the airport and hang out. (Well, as many people as the rental will fit!)
Old Nov 5, 2006, 2:40 am

Programs: DM-(DL)/CO/AA/US/ RW (Road Warrior)
I am REALLY, REALLY on the fence...

I would like to fly FC on the last flight NWA DC10 from HNL to MSP. But, I don't want to use millage, and the cost for going one way. $ yikes! ouch!

I wish on NWA.com you could book.
For example, (generally speaking on any route).

Fly > MSP/Coach-HNL/First RT
or
Fly > MSP/First-HNL/Coach RT

On the same reseration ticket number, and not book two separate reservations. So, I don't have to deal or worry about 'battle' upgrades. If there is away to avoid this...I would like to know how online.

I already know I can book round trip ... coach-coach / fc-fc

I need someone to push me..to go. Anyone at NWA?

As if right now I am a 'maybe', 50/50 etc.. (sigh)

-BondAir

p.s. And how long to stay in Hawaii? In other words what day to leave on from MSP? I would be going alone. Hmmm

Last edited by BondAir007; Nov 5, 2006 at 2:50 am
Old Nov 5, 2006, 4:59 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
If you call NWA's one of the Elite lines (or even general reservations) you can book F one way and Y the other.

Originally Posted by BondAir007
p.s. And how long to stay in Hawaii? In other words what day to leave on from MSP? I would be going alone. Hmmm
If you like traveling alone, Hawaii is probably one of the best AND worst places.

Best: No agenda by someone else. If I am driving down a road and see a sign for a waterfall 8 miles away, I'll follow it. There is so much random stuff to be done its nice to just "go and do". And unless you have a travel companion that travels that way, you might not be able to. (I never have had one that way.)

Worst: Hawaii is couples, couples, couples. Everywhere. Honeymooning couples. Anniverseray celebrating couples. Couples getting engaged. Happy couples. Sad couples. But everything is couples. Oy. But if that doesn't bother you, then it is fine.

When I went to Hawaii the first time, I went alone. This next time I am alone as well. I just like it. I'll be going for 6 days total. 3 to Molokai and 3 to Kauai. If I meet people, great. If I have a chance to meet up with other FTers, rockin. If I don't, then well... I am my own best company.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.