Search

DC-10 Retirement DO - HNL 1/7/07

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2006, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Yup, had to cough up another 80K miles to get us away from the riff raff back in Y.
For that type of mileage, I hope they take your dinner order first!
Old Oct 23, 2006, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
I love the DC-10 as an aircraft and really will miss seeing this in NW colors and, after much thought with my WP miles and taking a trip back to Japan into consideration, I've decided to take this opportunity and join in on this. I just booked my seat a few minutes ago. Currently assigned to 18A. ^
Old Oct 24, 2006, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by N751PR
Currently assigned to 18A. ^
Yeah! More coach love!

...although, be aware that i'm still checking availability for PerkSaver F on that leg on a regular basis since that's what all the "cool kids" are doing.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 10:20 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
What could be better than this? This final DC10 flight can be booked in Q or V as part of a MR. PM me for more.

RTS
Old Oct 24, 2006, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I just realized that if gate passes were still available at the WC, I could join in on the pre-party in the HNL clubs... Any ideas?
Old Oct 24, 2006, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by slippahs
I just realized that if gate passes were still available at the WC, I could join in on the pre-party in the HNL clubs... Any ideas?
YGPM.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
YGPM.
Thanks.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:17 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
I'd really like to be there, but I don't know if I want to be there enough to shove my big rear end into coach for that... At this point, I guess I would have to take coach one way and F one way, as I only have 66,000 miles.

There doesn't seem to be any perksaver availability on the return in F. That's really where I'd like to be.

Decisions, decisions... Unless someone wants to pay for a F ticket for me.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by james318
There doesn't seem to be any perksaver availability on the return in F. That's really where I'd like to be.
I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a PerkSaver award on this particular flight--as this doesn't seem to be on that nwa.com will release inventory on anytime soon.

It'd be interesting if they offer DOD upgrades here, though my inclination would be that the F cabin will go out full at least a day prior to departure.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by james318
I'd really like to be there, but I don't know if I want to be there enough to shove my big rear end into coach for that... At this point, I guess I would have to take coach one way and F one way, as I only have 66,000 miles.

Decisions, decisions... Unless someone wants to pay for a F ticket for me.
This flight has been PerkPass (RuleBuster) in both cabins since I started looking at it.

SchmutzigMSP did manage to snare a PerkSaver in coach a while back (unlikely we could have, since we needed two). The elite line will waitlist you for a standard "F" seat.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
This flight has been PerkPass (RuleBuster) in both cabins since I started looking at it.

SchmutzigMSP did manage to snare a PerkSaver in coach a while back (unlikely we could have, since we needed two). The elite line will waitlist you for a standard "F" seat.
I believe that is what I am going to do. Unfortunatly, I have to wait for the miles from my MR I am taking on Saturday to post to book this. I am going to book a PerkSaver in F on an outbound, and a PerkPass in Y on the the inbound (flight 98), and waitlist for a standard F seat. The waitlist is still open as of today, but we'll see...

Really would like to be a part of this and meet some (more) fellow FTers!
Old Oct 25, 2006, 4:08 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

I would love to do this. I would prefer to fly only HNL-MSP and scrap the return because I have no status on NW.

2200 bucks HNL-MSP-HNL...... But 22C is open

Put me down as a maybe...
Old Oct 25, 2006, 6:30 pm

I've been checking PerkSaver F on NW98 almost daily with no luck. I think I was lucky to get in with a PerkSaver Y award, frankly...
Old Oct 25, 2006, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

By the way, January 7th is the last date for the busy travel season here in the Islands. You'll notice the fare goes substantially down after January 8th to mark the low January travel period...
Old Oct 25, 2006, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by slippahs
By the way, January 7th is the last date for the busy travel season here in the Islands. You'll notice the fare goes substantially down after January 8th to mark the low January travel period...
I did notice plenty of perksaver seats on the January 8th first A333 flight... Might be second best to the last DC-10 flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.