FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Oregon Brewers Fest 7/27-30 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/567809-oregon-brewers-fest-7-27-30-a.html)

opushomes Jun 10, 2006 12:27 pm

Oregon Brewers Fest 7/27-30

http://www.oregonbrewfest.com/

It's that time of year again. Calling all micro-brew enthusiaists.
Make a vacation of it and spend 10 days or so in the NW and do SEA-Do the next weekend. We will meet in the North tent as usual on Saturday. More definitive information as attendees respond.

For more information on Oregon:

http://www.traveloregon.com/

and on Portland

www.pova.org

Spiff Jun 10, 2006 12:45 pm

I'm in and looking forward to it!

TravelWeary Jun 13, 2006 8:09 am

Gee...what a surprise!

Originally Posted by Spiff
I'm in and looking forward to it!

You're traveling for beer and looking forward to it? Who woulda thought?

Sorry to miss out once again. Hopefully next year's the one.

Spiff Jun 13, 2006 9:49 am

Originally Posted by TravelWeary
You're traveling for beer and looking forward to it? Who woulda thought?

Sorry to miss out once again. Hopefully next year's the one.

:p

I did miss the last two years' OBF ya know...

doglover Jul 20, 2006 2:39 pm

I am planning to go down early Friday afternoon. Anyone else planning on being there then?

Spiff Jul 20, 2006 2:47 pm

Color me canceled. :(

greggwiggins Jul 20, 2006 2:52 pm

Have one for me, I'll have one for you

I'm going to miss the OBF for the first time in about six years. :(

But don't feel too bad for me.

I'm going to be in seat 1J outbound and 4H inbound on a couple of AA 777s to travel to the Great British Beer Festival in London. :D

opushomes Jul 20, 2006 8:31 pm

Regretably, I will be on the Big Island during the festival. Marsha insisted that Kona is better than beer tasting.

greggwiggins Jul 21, 2006 7:52 am

Originally Posted by opushomes
Regretably, I will be on the Big Island during the festival. Marsha insisted that Kona is better than beer tasting.

Then go to the Kona Brewing Company brewpub. Very good beer and (I think) the best pizza on the Big Island.

work2fly Jul 10, 2007 11:23 am

Anyone planning to be around this year?

shadow Jul 13, 2007 5:06 pm

Thinking about coming back to the OBF this year...should know by late next week if I can make it.

BTW Spiff, why do I not see your name on the Sea-DOO list??????
It won't be the same if you're not here. :(

What are we going to do at 9:30 on Sat. night? (for those of you that have never attended a Sea-DOO, that's the approx. time we all look at each other and say "where did Spiff disappear to this time?

gregg, we'll miss your on-site expertise/recommendations, but you drew the 'right straw' for that weekend!!!

Spiff Jul 13, 2007 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by shadow (Post 8053108)

What are we going to do at 9:30 on Sat. night? (for those of you that have never attended a Sea-DOO, that's the approx. time we all look at each other and say "where did Spiff disappear to this time?

gregg, we'll miss your on-site expertise/recommendations, but you drew the 'right straw' for that weekend!!!

I won't be a Sea-DO this year, alas. I have a wedding to go to. :(

However, I will be at OBF this year for sure! :cool:

greggwiggins Jul 16, 2007 8:12 am

England was Last Year

Originally Posted by shadow
Thinking about coming back to the OBF this year...should know by late next week if I can make it.

That trip to report on the GBBF was 2006, not 2007. I won't be in the UK this year.

But I won't be in Portland, either. I'll be spending the OBF weekend in upstate New York at the Baseball Hall of Fame Induction Ceremonies. (OK, and a visit to Brewery Ommegang will probably be included.) I'll probably be back for the festival in 2008, however.

work2fly Jul 16, 2007 7:14 pm

Bought my tix today...I'll be around on Saturday and Sunday.

Spiff Jul 16, 2007 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by greggwiggins (Post 6098890)
Then go to the Kona Brewing Company brewpub. Very good beer and (I think) the best pizza on the Big Island.

Mmmm... Fire Rock Pale Ale... Ohhh....