Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

FlyerTalk scoops the world with news report!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FlyerTalk scoops the world with news report!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2006, 3:13 pm

Programs: China Air, NW, United
Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
Monitor, expect a recorded message from the IDF...
Bey says the darndest things!

Good night Bey, sleep well.

Last edited by Cholula; Jul 22, 2006 at 3:21 pm
Old Jul 22, 2006, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Dovster
I can not see it on my computer. I think the problem is that my monitor is ancient.
Can you see it if we convert it to a jpeg?
Old Jul 22, 2006, 3:22 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Redhead
OK, now I'm fascinated. Where can one find this famous photo of BEYFlyer? If he really is a Dirty 30-something Man, I need to check it out
Post 1349
Old Jul 22, 2006, 3:23 pm

Programs: United Milage Plus, Alaska Airlines Milage Plan, SAS Eurobonus
BEYFlyer and Dovster. I'm a newbee to Flyertalk. Have followed and read this whole tread as a result of the MSNBC article, and the ongoing drama for vel over a week now without posting anything.

Having lurked around the site, it is too bad I have not found FT earlier. It is a lot of good stuff here. I will hope to learn from all the longer term FT members as I go on exploring this site from here.

Hope and pray both of you two will stay safe as the Israeli army now enter southeren Lebanon and armaments fly across the border on either side. It is good to hear that Dovster is safe after the close call with the rocket hitting in his back yard.

Hope BEYFlyer, his parents, as well as his brother and cats (have 4 cats myself) are safe as they are staying at their mountain house, or in Beirut or going back and forth. It sounds like the bombs have come very close to BEYFlyer at both locations. Can you elaborate?

Since Dovster has been interviewd on both the Radio (I heard the whole interview. You did great Dowster! and I didn't think much of the host either!) and by a paper publication, I wonder if BEYFlyer has been doing interviews by media or have any plans to? Let us know how to find the interview(s) in that case!

I'm going to Europe within the next few months. It would have been fun if the Monte Carlo DO (what does DO mean anyway?) happened while I was there. I would have liked to try to get there for it. Hope for sure this conflict is over well before I get there.

Best of luck to both of you and hope to hear from you on other treads on Flyertalk later. Sory for making this long.

Last edited by okflyer; Jul 22, 2006 at 3:31 pm
Old Jul 22, 2006, 3:24 pm

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Originally Posted by Redhead
OK, now I'm fascinated. Where can one find this famous photo of BEYFlyer? If he really is a Dirty 30-something Man, I need to check it out
P.90 post 1349 by Lili.....I supplied photo of Dovster who is a gorgeous dude too...
Goodnight Dov and Bey....may you both be safe.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 3:37 pm

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Our pets

Bey,
I appreciate your keeping us informed about the well being of your cats. Dov, I worry about the beasties in your Kibbutz....

Being a devoted "mom" of two adopted and totally previously traumatized doggies, I am very concerned about what happens to the pets in Israel and Lebanon that so depend on us.....I have been involved with our Humane Society in helping to evacuate dogs and cats after hurricanes over the last two years.....

I am most grateful to FTers who have voiced concerns for our fourlegged ones....

Last edited by dedehans; Jul 22, 2006 at 5:16 pm Reason: to highlight
Old Jul 22, 2006, 3:52 pm

BEY and Dov.......I, too, want to send my wishes for your well-being.......i am not a fan of media news very often as it is - i have followed it for information but there is nothing that can surpass the "personal narratives" that have been shared by you throughout this thread....be safe and keep us informed.....

when you can do nothing, what can you do? zen koan
Old Jul 22, 2006, 7:18 pm
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
This thread now has slightly over 173,000 views, making it the third most viewed thread in the history of FT thus far.

Last edited by Randy Petersen; Jul 22, 2006 at 11:00 pm Reason: to shorten thread
Old Jul 22, 2006, 7:34 pm

animal planet

BEY, my dogs send wishes of safety to Dune and Chewie!
Dov, they also send the same to your UIG's shepherd!

Last edited by thefrogs; Jul 22, 2006 at 8:56 pm Reason: sp. error
Old Jul 22, 2006, 8:17 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by dedehans
Bey....Unless you have the body of a gargoyle underneath that face you will surely need bodyguards to keep the fans at "bey"....
Amen to that *smile*. But sadly you are married correct Bey?
Old Jul 22, 2006, 8:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
dedehans, SS255 is also actively involved w/ critters. It's in her signature re: the group she helps.

BEY, big article today in the LA Times titled, "A War-Weary Couple Stays Put, Awaiting What's Next", and it's about a couple in Beirut. They've sent their kids to the mountains. Originally I thought it might be your family, but then realized the ages of the parents & their kids don't match yours.

Even though I doubt Hezhbollah is reading this thread I won't post their names here just in case. But it occurred to me that since their family has been in the same house since 1926 (family comprised of doctors/bankers), wondered if you/your family know them. If you're interested, let me know & I'll PM you their names/details/email you the article.

Last edited by obscure2k; Jul 22, 2006 at 8:44 pm Reason: last half of post was off-topic
Old Jul 22, 2006, 8:25 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
Cats are doing well, but whenever a bomb goes off, their ears go way down. Sometimes the little one, Chewie, goes under the bed and hides away for a little while. I am sure they are just as anxious as we are when the bombing starts. And in answer to a previous question, indeed I am a HUGE SciFi fan, but the names came about not from that, but from observing the cats... Dune because he is the color of sand dunes and Chewie because when he was young, he liked to chew on my fingers, toes, slippers and everything else.
Bey, my two cat-kids (Winnie and Chester) asked me to tell you that if Dune and Chewie need to escape they will share their space under my bed with them. Oh and tell Chewie that Chester said he has lots of good things here to chew on that he will share!!!!!!!

Seriously if it gets bad enough that you need somewhere to send them, I know the US is a long way away but myself and a lot of others will be happy to help you out!

Last edited by Lehava; Jul 22, 2006 at 8:55 pm
Old Jul 22, 2006, 8:33 pm

Dovster,
From what I can see there is a relitively big road that goes right by your house and merges with the road that goes around the kibbutz. That road starts at a rotary near the pool and goes north, around what looks like a parking lot, up to the edge of the residencial area.

I'm glad to hear that you were not hurt, but very surprised the window shattered. I always thought shatterproofing was supposed to make windows break evenly instead of shattering. (like a shatterproof plastic ruler, which is very breakable, but will not splinter.)

Thanks for keeping us informed.

Last edited by Elicia at WebFlyer; Jul 23, 2006 at 9:26 pm
Old Jul 22, 2006, 8:39 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Dovster
I am holding out for the best possible offer.

As you might have noticed, I find a woman in California by the name of "Michelle Pfeiffer" rather attractive but the odds of my even getting to meet her in real life are rather slim.

BUT...she may be one of the lurkers reading this thread and getting worried about my safety.

Michelle, if you are, I will head to Tel Aviv as soon as you call me and let me know you've taken a room there for us. The Dan Hotel, the Sheraton, the Hilton -- it really doesn't matter which.

I will even let you keep the points yourself!
Dov if we send you a note saying it has been arranged will you go immediately? (really worried about you there) and how much will you hate us when you find out it was just a trick to get you to a higher level of safety (although I know Tel Aviv is not totally safe either). I would be more than willing to use my Hilton points to get you off your kibbutz
Old Jul 22, 2006, 8:45 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
PS - thefrogs, I think it's Dovster's ex-wife's dog, not the UIG's...
Correct and let's get our facts straight here.
Jeanie belongs to Dementia and is persona non grata/petta non grata?? in the bomb shelter until Dov cleans some of the junk out of the 7' x 14' area in which they all have to huddle.

Question for BEYFlyer: You mentioned that you worked for the family business. How has that been affected by the rockets red glare?? Are you folks able to conduct business in some semblance of normalcy or are things on hold until this comes to a halt?

Last edited by Cholula; Jul 22, 2006 at 11:06 pm Reason: typo....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.