Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

FlyerTalk scoops the world with news report!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FlyerTalk scoops the world with news report!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2006, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by birdstrike
Here is the Do your jobs and solve the problem clip in .mp3.

I think this qualifies as fair use.

Very eloquent, Dov.
That clip is awsome!!!! Its all that anyone needs to hear! (Much better than the PLO guy and his political spin.)
Old Jul 16, 2006, 11:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Birdstrike, thanks for the clip. I could hear it perfectly.

I have to drive into Safed now and will be gone for a few hours. If you don't see the little green light, don't automatically assume that I have been given the Big Red Light!
Old Jul 16, 2006, 11:30 pm

[QUOTE=Dovster]And, even as the show was being broadcast, there was firing going on here.

The moderator somehow managed to move my kibbutz from being 5 meters away from the Lebanese border to "a few miles".

I wish he could really do that. I would feel a lot safer. ...

I ran across this on MSN, and have been following it all day. The talk show was great, when Dov was allowed to speak, for there was the voice of reason. The news people, and the many governments involved in all of this forget one major factor. Those are mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, children, dying out there. Dov put a human, civilian, face (voice) on this, and did a wonderful job of doing so. Praying for Dov, BEY, and every other person involved. May you all be safe.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 11:30 pm

Dov let me know when your in the states

we will meet for drink and/or food in Philly
Old Jul 16, 2006, 11:31 pm

Programs: none
Exclamation Dov & BEY

Dov and BEY. Just been anounced that the Lebanese Government has ordered Lebanese Army to engage Hazbollah in the South.

Hunker down and stay safe. Our prayers are with both of you, your families and all caught up in this insanity.

jclark
Old Jul 16, 2006, 11:35 pm

I wish the world wasn't as violent as it is now. Rockets, missiles, bombs, whatever. Taking away the lives of innocent adults, children and elderly alike.

Stay safe, Dovster and BEYFlyer.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 11:36 pm

My apologies...of course Bey is invited as well

Originally Posted by southjerseyg
we will meet for drink and/or food in Philly

Bey,

Don't know if and when you will or ever visit the states, but if you do, i will assure you a drink or two on me.

G
Old Jul 17, 2006, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by southjerseyg
both Bey and Dov are exceptional people
this entire community is pretty exceptional. i've never followed a thread before (i know, they all say that) and this is quite an initiation! great to hear voices (Dovster's & Punki's). and thank you, Jakebeth, for the poignant story of "the Good Fence" (#189). be safe, all!

Last edited by thefrogs; Jul 17, 2006 at 11:52 pm Reason: reference # of post
Old Jul 17, 2006, 12:24 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
Sa'eb Erekat?!?!?

Ladies and Gentlemen,

When I read this the first time around, I didn't catch the name, and didn't notice it from the brief stretch during which I listened to the show. I'm not sure if anyone (everyone?) else realizes it, but our very own Dovster just squared off with what I would argue is one of the top two or three most highly skilled orators of the Palestinian community. And whatever you may think (or not think) about him, Sa'eb Erekat is a highly experienced, trained, and well-known member of the Palestinian political establishment.

I just don't know what else to say about it, or how to clarify just what a big deal this was. Imagine that some disk-jockey called you up to be on a Sunday night radio show and when you dialed in you found out that you were to square off with, I don't know, Karl Rove, Condi Rice, or maybe James Carville. (Take your political pick.)

It's absolutely incredible. Congrats again Dov. Excellent job.

EDITED TO ADD:

After that breathless declaration, I'm not 100% certain it was Sa'eb Erekat. (Though I'm not able to find any other living Erekat on the internet linked to the PLO/PA.) That certainly doesn't take anything away from the terrific job Dovster did, of course.

ANOTHER ADDITION:

Dov is pretty sure it was in fact Sa'eb Erekat. Way to go Dov!

Last edited by Jakebeth; Jul 17, 2006 at 12:39 pm
Old Jul 17, 2006, 12:27 am

Cool

Originally Posted by birdstrike
Here is the Do your jobs and solve the problem clip in .mp3.

I think this qualifies as fair use.

Very eloquent, Dov.
Just a quick note as I too am a newbie, but I have been here for the last 36 hours. I am just overwhelmed with the vibes on here F/T.
Dov I just heard your 'Do Your Jobs' quote, it was awsome!
All good thoughts to you and Bey. Thanks for a liitle more insight than we are able to get from the "Real News Service" sic here in YVR land ^
Old Jul 17, 2006, 12:34 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Canarsie
...This is also an opportunity to post the following reminders:
  1. While it is important to post thoughts and wishes concerning the safety, security and well-being of both Dovster and BEYFlyer, as well as any other FlyerTalk members who may currently be or have a home in Israel or Lebanon, it is recommended that the posting of superfluous thoughts be limited to ensure that this thread is as readable and as easy to follow as possible by the thousands of people worldwide who now read this thread daily. This thread, after all, is centered on the information posted by BEYFlyer and Dovster, which is why everyone is reading this thread in the first place.
  2. Please refrain from posting news stories or links to news stories unless it is either helpful, absolutely necessary or directly pertinent to the discussion. Ironically, many people are reading this thread instead of the news stories, which can easily be found elsewhere.
  3. Finally — and this is important, as it has already been reiterated numerous times in this thread — any content posted in this thread that is political in nature or off-topic will be deleted, and anyone ignoring this request may be subject to disciplinary action.
Thank you all in advance for your cooperation and understanding.

For those new FlyerTalk members joining us from msnbc.com and elsewhere, welcome to FlyerTalk!

Regards,

Canarsie
Senior Moderator, on behalf of CommunityBuzz! moderators Ralfkrippner, techgirl, Ocn Vw 1k and chrissxb.

One more time......

cblaisd
Senior Moderator
Old Jul 17, 2006, 12:34 am

Anyone one up in Isreal or Lebanon?

If anyone has updates, it would greatly be appreciated. Very tired. Need bed soon.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 12:45 am

Programs: world perks, ua, aa, sw, ha, aw
THANKS msn.com

I never would have known about this site if it weren't for the msn.com article. You guys are world famous now! I can't begin to express the value of two real people reporting real experiences. Thanks Dov and Bey.
There isn't a place in the world I've ever been I didn't enjoy and appreciate the natives. Believing 99% of the people of the world want peace. How do our governments and extremests dictate the way we live and more sadly the way some of us die. It truly baffles me. I, as I'm sure literally millions of people wish for both the Lebonese and the israelis safety and strength to make it through this ordeal. [political commentary removed by a senior moderator] Deeply hearfelt best wishes for you, your families, and friends on both sides of the boarder. Looking forward to your reports! ^

Last edited by cblaisd; Jul 17, 2006 at 12:54 am
Old Jul 17, 2006, 12:51 am

mirror

I own two dedicated servers, and can provide a mirror of the two mp3s posted in messages above if needed. If my resources are wanted, I will provide the files themselves (i.e. not set up a page with ads - just a simple page with a link to the file - and allow hotlinks from external sources -- i.e., a true donation of bandwidth).

If this is desired, someone should let me know - I already have the two mp3s downloaded... (You can reach me by making my name into my email address -- isaac at eiland dash hall dot com)

(actually, I have set up www.mirror1.eiland-hall.com with the two files at this time. If anything else should be added, please let me know...)

Last edited by Isaac.Eiland-Hall; Jul 17, 2006 at 1:04 am Reason: mirror1.eiland-hall.com not working for some reason, but www.mirror1.eiland-hall.com is. Weird.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 1:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I just returned from a ghost town.

Safed, the major city in my area, was close to being empty.

I had to go to the hospital for a routine blood check and was surprised by the fact that there its parking lot was almost empty. Usually, it requires a long search to find a place to put your car.

Afterwards, I drove into the center of the city. I saw one other car on the streets -- this in a city where traffic jams are the norm.

I parked a few meters away from a building which had been hit by a katyusha a few days ago (we discussed it on this thread). Naturally, the shops in it were shut.

What I found hard to believe, however, is that almost every other shop in the heart of the city was closed, too. The banks were shut. The pharmacies were shuttered. The supermarket was, too.

The only places I saw that was open were a newstand, a small cafe, and a bakery.

The cafe had three or four people at its tables. The newstand and the bakery had no customers at all.

I got back into my

Rockets are now falling here so I am going into my house's shelter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.