Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

FlyerTalk scoops the world with news report!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FlyerTalk scoops the world with news report!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2006, 10:35 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does this station have a website? Any chance they might post a transcript? Although it doesn't sound as if the program was what we were expecting.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LLM
Does this station have a website? Any chance they might post a transcript? Although it doesn't sound as if the program was what we were expecting.
They do, It doesn't look like they will make a transcript, but you never know.

http://www.ktar.com/?nid=210
Old Jul 16, 2006, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Air strikes on BEY early this morning;I can't see an end soon...
Old Jul 16, 2006, 10:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by MACH81
Air strikes on BEY early this morning;I can't see an end soon...
And, even as the show was being broadcast, there was firing going on here.

The moderator somehow managed to move my kibbutz from being 5 meters away from the Lebanese border to "a few miles".

I wish he could really do that. I would feel a lot safer.

In answer to a question raised earlier, BEYFlyer was invited to be part of the show but declined. He did not tell me why, so what I am going to say is purely a guess on my part.

BEYFlyer lives in the southern suburbs of Beirut, an area controlled by the Hizbollah. It is very possible that he would be in serious danger if it became known that he was having friendly conversations with somebody from Israel.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 10:54 pm

Cheers Jax!!!

Originally Posted by JaxFrog79
I don't know about Bey's absence, but Dovster said he was headed to bed since he has to be up at 6 a.m. his time to do that radio interview. I called into work tonight just so I could be here to hear it. This conversation has absolutely interrupted my life and I'd have it no other way.

Let them rest. He will be back in about 6 hours or so, I'm sure. We will all be here either way to greet him when he returns.

Peace

**sorry... just checked Bey's light and it is burning strong. He's just bein quiet for the time being. Maybe he's fallen asleep at the computer. It's been a rough couple of days for him.

i greatly appreciate your response. these guys are tough as steel.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 10:55 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors lackey
Dov and Bey, my thoughts are with you both. I don't know BeyFlyer myself, but I have met Dovster and he's not as bad as he tries to make himself out to be. He's proving that point in this thread.

I wish I had seen this thread sooner....It might not have taken so long to get through it if I had.....It took me over 4 hours to read this thread and I'm really glad that there aren't any more pages....I need to get some sleep so I can get to work in the morning. If anyone gets a transcript or an audio file of the radio program, I'd like to see it.

My prayers are with you both.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 10:59 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by Traveller
Probably because they don't know any better?

But I'll still buy him a drink when this is over. Hope you can join us.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 11:04 pm

Well Dov (and bey if you read this) Its my bed time. since its day time there we can hope things will be quiet for a few hours. maybe take a nap. Well all be thinking of you. And ill have my tv on msnbc all night to keep tabs on you both. (Iv hurd from fox news that the mountains in general where bey is are thought to be a possable area for hezbulla training grounds) keep an eye open and your lights on
Old Jul 16, 2006, 11:06 pm

I concur.

Originally Posted by Dovster
And, even as the show was being broadcast, there was firing going on here.

The moderator somehow managed to move my kibbutz from being 5 meters away from the Lebanese border to "a few miles".

I wish he could really do that. I would feel a lot safer.

In answer to a question raised earlier, BEYFlyer was invited to be part of the show but declined. He did not tell me why, so what I am going to say is purely a guess on my part.

BEYFlyer lives in the southern suburbs of Beirut, an area controlled by the Hizbollah. It is very possible that he would be in serious danger if it became known that he was having friendly conversations with somebody from Israel.

You tell no lies. Thats why it is essential to keep it light and humourous the way you do. Cheers to you and Bey!
Old Jul 16, 2006, 11:07 pm

Hi, I'm just part of the influx of new members to this thread, although I learned about it from Civ Fanatics Center , not the news article.

Anyway I wanted to wish you both, Dovster and BEYFlyer, to stay safe. I also what to thank you for posting here and providing a human account of the war. I too am one of those that would rather follow this thread than keep up with the news. And please keep those green light on.

And I wish to congradulate Dovster on the Radio show. Great Job.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
hugs and prayers to Dov and BEY.

thanks for putting a much more human face on this than any broadcast.

words fail, really...i came late to the thread, (was traveling, albeit via auto without accruing miles and points!) and have spent most of the day on and off catching up. very proud to be a part of this community, hope we continue to hear that our defacto correspondents in the region and their loved ones are safe.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA
Well, I sent my thoughts about that sham of an interview in an email to the station manager. Won't make any difference I know, but made me feel better to complain (I was quite polite and business-like, nothing rude).

Dov, you did great! And, really, you should think about getting a collection of your writings in print - they are just hilarious! I know I would buy two copies; my daughter will love them, too, once I send her the links.

It's late for me, and tomorrow is a work day so I best retire for the night. Reading all this over the weekend has reminded me that the man who owns the liquor store where I have shopped for 20 years is Lebanese and still has family in Lebanon though I can't remember where. I haven't been in his shop since before this all started. Guess I will have to stop by for a bottle of something on the way home tomorrow so I can find out if all his family are safe. Hopefully, they are.

Hopefully, Dov and BEY will remain safe, and, hopefully, someone, somewhere, somehow will find a way to bring this conflict to a swift and peaceful conclusion.

I will send the link to this thread to myself at work so I can continue to keep up tomorrow. God bless all of you here at FT for concentrating on the human and eschewing the political in this situation. Too bad we can't bottle all this wonderful humanity and compassion and use it to "poison" all the world's drinking water!

Sweet dreams, everyone!
Old Jul 16, 2006, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here is the Do your jobs and solve the problem clip in .mp3.

I think this qualifies as fair use.

Very eloquent, Dov.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 11:18 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Birdstrike, it's not working for me.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LLM
Birdstrike, it's not working for me.
Hmmm. It worked for me with Quicktime, iTunes, and Windows Media Player.

If you have any of those, try right-clicking on the link to save it locally to your machine, then open it with the audio program of your choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.