Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Old Mar 13, 2017, 7:25 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by VA1379
I have my FT tag somewhere, but it is not on any luggage right now. I was surprised to see an FT tag on the TSA Precheck lane for the D gates at BWI last Wednesday morning. I also noticed that person put their shoes through security, which you don't need to do for Precheck.
If you spotted the tag hanging from a black backpack around 6:30am on March 8th, that was almost certainly me, and the reason I put my shoes on the belt is that I got "randomly" selected for additional screening and they instructed me to remove my shoes

FWIW in addition to cases where people know in advance their shoes will trigger, yesterday going through SEA a few people got beeps but apparently not due to random selection and were also instructed to remove their shoes and try again.
Old May 15, 2017, 7:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Was on the fence @ taking the shuttle to the Hampton Seattle Southcenter two nights ago. Decided to keep my rental, and my tag was spotted. Excellent detective skills nawlins spotting, and nice to meet you. ^
Old May 24, 2017, 11:29 pm

Programs: Global Entry · WN, UA, AS, DL, NH; IHG, Wyndham, Hilton, Best Value Inn, Marriott, Starwood, Ramada
I just got my FlyerTalk luggage tag from Japan Do! #5 in Tokyo. You are more likely to see it at an off-airport location because it is on the shoulder bag which usually contains my laptop computer, which I take with me when travelling to venues in Chicago.
{But you could see it on a flight. I would not check this bag, even were I checking another satchel.}
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:49 pm

Just saw my first tag in the wild while waiting at the curb at SEA! Unfortunately the owner of the tag was already getting into a private car. Baby steps until I actually get to meet a fellow FTer I guess haha
Old Jun 29, 2017, 8:01 am

Had the pleasure of running into @s1c3r1a1b3b3l1e1 on our ICN-NRT flight today. Saw my tag on my backpack. Sadly, I was terminating at NRT and could not join him in the F lounge
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:47 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I have FT tags on nearly all of my bags but rarely have anyone say anything to me.

Last week I was going down the hallway at AUS after a PHL-AUS flight and none other than gleff came and said, "that looks like an old school tag!"
We had met about 6-7 years ago, but hadn't seen each other since. It is always nice to chat with another FT'er.
My tag might actually be from the do where we met back then
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:22 pm

Programs: QF, HH
I've never seen others, or had anyone spot me yet, despite the obvious bright yellow tags dangling from my case. I did bump into someone at SIN once – we were both browsing the forums on those free computers available between flights.

Was solo on South Molle island in the Whitsundays recently, and was amused at my bag randomly situated on the beach after disembarking a boat transfer. Where else have your FT-tagged-bags ended up?

Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: Global Entry · WN, UA, AS, DL, NH; IHG, Wyndham, Hilton, Best Value Inn, Marriott, Starwood, Ramada
Talking I called my shot.

Originally Posted by pudgym29
I just got my FlyerTalk luggage tag from Japan Do! #5 in Tokyo. You are more likely to see it at an off-airport location because it is on the shoulder bag which usually contains my laptop computer, which I take with me when travelling to venues in Chicago.
{But you could see it on a flight. I would not check this bag, even were I checking another satchel.}
I am making a big effort to rack up a lot of brewery visits for the Chicago Craft Beer Week 2017 Passport.
This last Sunday, I was on the Metra trains weekend pass ($8). I went out all the way to Geneva, IL. in Kane County on the Union Pacific West Line. The first venue was Penrose Brwg.
I got there, and eight minutes later, it began raining. Wetness could have wreaked hazard for the cardboard carton holding my pizza from doughocracy.
Turned out that the rain was a squall through Kane Co., so it had actually halted by the time Penrose closed for the night @ 6:00 pm.
As I walked out of Penrose, with my bag over my shoulder, to head for Stockholm's Brew Pub {no link because, honestly, its beers are not good - but I got another seal for my CCBW Passport}, a voice from a car in its parking lot roars, "Is that a FlyerTalk Luggage Tag?".
Ohmigawd. It was somebody named Agnes (But not Agnes ~ there are too many Agnes' for me to look all of them up.)(I think. I didn't request a spelling.). I mentioned getting it at Japan Do! #5 in April. He said he wanted to go to it, but he couldn't make it happen. He got my FT nickname.
If anybody considers where you may be spotted with a FlyerTalk Luggage Tag, a brewery taproom scores of miles from a commercial airport is probably not even in your cohesive orbit.
But it happened.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
IME I would think that an airport and a craft beer joint would have almost equal odds of a FT sighting!
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:34 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
IME I would think that an airport and a craft beer joint would have almost equal odds of a FT sighting!
+1^
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:24 am

Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
I met fellow flyertalker megaloman in MIA last year. I saw the tag on his bag and started talking to him and it turned out that we were doing (almost) the same mileage run.

It would be great, if every ft-er was using these tags.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
There was a missed connection at SJC today around 5:15 PM. I saw a gentleman walking by Gate 14 with an FT tag on his rollaboard suitcase. However, I wasn't in a position to make an introduction. Hello if you happen to be monitoring this thread.
powerlifter likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
I had the pleasure of meeting bhatnasx as I was checking in to the Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay on Friday evening. It's the second or third time someone has spotted my tags at this hotel.
powerlifter likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 7:00 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My tag was spotted by my row mate on UA 225 ORD-IAD tonight. He told me his handle but of course but the time I got here ready to post I'd forgotten it. Nice sitting next to you though!
powerlifter likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Christchurch, New Zealand

My luggage tag was spotted in Christchurch, New Zealand hotel elevator by two discerning FTers from Boston. This was a first spotting of my tags.

Unfortunately, no time for chit-chat as we were rushing off in separate directions
kirkwoodj and Catweazle like this.

Last edited by 747FC; Mar 14, 2018 at 5:35 am Reason: added info

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.