Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:14 am

Programs: AA, IHG
JerseyJoe and I spotted each other's tags at exactly the same time while waiting for boarding to start at IND last Friday. We were on the same UAX flight to ORD and managed to swap seats so we could chat. Always great to meet another IND-based FTer!
Old Oct 22, 2011, 4:03 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Got my FT tags in the mail - thanks SanDiego1K

Can't wait to use them... as soon as I figure out the best way to get them onto my luggage
Old Oct 23, 2011, 1:56 am

Programs: QF, HH
Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
Got my FT tags in the mail - thanks SanDiego1K

Can't wait to use them... as soon as I figure out the best way to get them onto my luggage
Mine didn't come with the plastic doodahs to tie onto your luggage either. But you can either pinch someone else's luggage tag and use that cord for your FT tag, or else string even or whatever.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 2:05 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Met a fellow FTer at the SPG moment in AMS last night. Though forgot his handle as it was quite a difficult one. Very nice to talk to someone about miles, mr etc....
Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:37 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Catweazle
Mine didn't come with the plastic doodahs to tie onto your luggage either. But you can either pinch someone else's luggage tag and use that cord for your FT tag, or else string even or whatever.
In a pinch you can also use a rubber band, though it looks somewhat cheap.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Catweazle
If you visit a Delta SkyClub they might have some bands to give out...they started stocking them when they started mailing elites luggage tags without the luggage ties...
Old Oct 26, 2011, 2:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Where do I buy one? I will need one for the WAW meeting.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by bwiadca
Where do I buy one? I will need one for the WAW meeting.
Are you talking about the FlyerTalk tags? You have to PM SanDiego1K

There was some issue so they are no longer being sold (last I heard has this changed?)
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Yesterday I flew a cheap mileage run on CO. As I pulled up to the parking garage @ MCI and started to walk in, a voice behind me said "Mileage Run"? Forgot to trade handles, but we had a fun chat while waiting for the Thousands Standing Around. Hope you had a nice trip to IAH ^
Old Oct 31, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Dia.
Great to see so many FT bag tags in Chicago this weekend!
Old Oct 31, 2011, 6:12 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
EWR764 was sitting in front of me on our CO flight from IAH to LGA a few weeks ago but didn't meet until he noticed my tag as we were riding the Hertz shuttle.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 1:20 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
EWR764 was sitting in front of me on our CO flight from IAH to LGA a few weeks ago but didn't meet until he noticed my tag as we were riding the Hertz shuttle.
Maybe you should put the tag on the bear?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 7:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Got the tags yesterday. Thanks SanDiego1K
Old Nov 6, 2011, 2:04 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Met a fellow FTer briefly at the ORD United Club near B6. Didn't get his handle but he was on his way to ZRH.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 10:07 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
I emailed SanDiego1K this morning about obtaining some FT tags and got a response less than five minutes later. I look forward to having them displayed and meeting some FTers that share the same travel joys and woes.

Ah, and here's to my first post. Gotta start somewhere! (I'll be on the lookout for tags this week. PNS-ATL-TUS and back.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.