Reload this Page >

Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2009, 12:39 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
I ran into a FTer and a lurker this weekend doing a MAD run.

At the LAX Flagship Lounge, I met someone by the name of Zach (although we didn't exchange Flyertalk names) and had a nice hour long chat.

After going through passport control on the way out of MAD, I met a Flyertalk lurker who was doing the DFW-MAD-DFW turn with me (and two others who had never heard of FT!).

Greg
Old Dec 9, 2009, 2:22 pm

Programs: 1MM BIS. Former 18-year segment 1K, 1997-2014...now just a distant memory.
Was sitting at a departure gate in DEN a couple of months back and Diplomatico saw my yellow FT tag and introduced himself.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 7:01 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
My first sighting. Didn't have time to introduce myself, but "hello" to the guy on US 2550 yesterday (Wed, 12/9). Those tags aren't anything like I expected.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Who needs luggage tags???

This morning at IAD, a guy that looked like UCBeau boarded a UX flight to HPN just steps before me. Could it be I thought?
We had a pleasant chat along with Joe (who happened to hear our conversation, and see my luggage tag). Sorry, but I'm not sure of his FT handle.

The three of us did talk about the link below. Feel free to click on it.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA CK/EXP, Hilton Diamond, FAA Private
I got to meet magic111 and one other member (who's name I didn't get, sorry!) on AA 2466 SFO-DFW on Thursday morning.. good times although I think we all slept through the lovely three hour midcon redeye! The SFO-DFW-ORD-MSN-ORD-DFW-SFO run got me to EXP for the year, so completely worth it (plus meeting two more FTers.)

Funny thing is, they both had their bag tags.. I brought the one bag without my tag!
Old Dec 14, 2009, 7:23 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Just ran into Princess at the TSA area in SFO. I was totally jet-lagging (back from HKG on CX and heading to SEA on AS) and so we didn't talk for long.... Anyway, nice to meet you. ^

Btw, on AS313 SFO-SEA, two guys across the aisle in row 10 were discussing about the $1 coins. Identify yourself if you are here.

Last edited by buschoi; Dec 14, 2009 at 7:28 am
Old Dec 15, 2009, 9:32 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Just received my 6 today..YEAH!!!! Cant wait to use them to see if I become famous..LOL
Old Dec 15, 2009, 11:44 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest, AAdvantage, Virgin Atlantic
I ordered mine just now!! Yay!! ... Wonder how long they take to the UAE Hmmm ?!? Hurry Hurry !!
Old Dec 16, 2009, 5:06 am

Programs: American AAdvantage, Aerolineas Plus, Hertz, Hyatt, Marriott , SPG.
Where do you get the FT tags these days? I've read this whole thread months ago, but if you can update it for us it would be helpful.

Many thanks in advance.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 8:40 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Originally Posted by starlanet
Where do you get the FT tags these days?
here
Old Dec 21, 2009, 10:13 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Originally Posted by bryenz
I got to meet magic111 and one other member (who's name I didn't get, sorry!) on AA 2466 SFO-DFW on Thursday morning.. good times although I think we all slept through the lovely three hour midcon redeye! The SFO-DFW-ORD-MSN-ORD-DFW-SFO run got me to EXP for the year, so completely worth it (plus meeting two more FTers.)

Funny thing is, they both had their bag tags.. I brought the one bag without my tag!
And the other FTer was Jabrams72
Although both you and he were on MRs to get status I was on a trip to see my new granddaughter so completely worth it also. The fact that it qualifed me for 125k bonus awards was totally irrelevant.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 4:09 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
another sighting! sitting in a bulkhead window during boarding on IAH-ORD this afternoon, saw a FT luggage tag hanging off of catman's rollaboard.. shared a drink at the incomparable ted carpet club before heading off to our connecting flights.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
This weekend, I spent 28+ hours on planes within a 40 hour period, plus two brief stays at Starwood properties. One flight was in Y, but seat 9c on a 22- min flt SFO-SMF on a EMB-120. A good start to the new year....but PHEW--I'm glad that's over.

I briefly spoke to Catherine (Kathryn????) from Canada at the SFO dom-RCC. Sorry, my ears were plugged, and I did not get the correct log-in.

On Sunday evening, Espostor spoke to me at the LAX RCC; we had been on the BOS-LAX flight together. LOL....he sat in the row in front of me....and said the guy next to me, who was listening to his iPod, kept kicking his chair to the beat of the music! I felt the same way .... the guy kept thumping the armrest the entire flight, too!
Old Jan 24, 2010, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, VX Founding Member; HH/Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum; National Exec Elite, Hertz 5* Gold
Thumbs up my tag worked!

BlueHen1 saw my FT tag on my bookbag and came up to say hello as we were deplaning BOS->LAX 1/23. A first for me - hooray!
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:17 am

Programs: DL PM; US Silver;Mariott+SPG+Hyatt Gold; Hertz 5*; National Car Emerald; Avis Preferred
Friday CVG Lounge around 4:00PM

Saw a FT luggage tag while leaving the CVG lounge in Terminal B. The individual was sitting by the television closest to the bar near the glass windows.

Unfortunately, he was on the phone so I didn't get a chance to find out who he was, but.. i did see one... my first one I've seen (besides my own).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.