Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2007, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, .6MM; AA Plat; Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by OnAMileHigh
I met Vulcan and Mrs. Vulcan in the CO PC on 12/13 during a looong weather delay.
Was that the ORD PC? I was there briefly (around 18:35 - 19:15) on 12/13.

(I did not see anybody else with FT bag tags; despite it being freaking packed in there).
Old Jan 3, 2008, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I was stowing my briefcase in 8d on Uniteds P.S. 757 LAX/JFK on New Years day, when the guy seated in 8C says to me, 'haven't seen one of those in a while'.

Turns out he's a former Flyertalker from New Jersey. I actually met him once before, way back when in 2000 at the EWR Continental Presidents Club.

He asked that I not reveal his name. You oldtimers may pick up on the clue.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Spotted another FT'er on UA1577 IAD-TPA tonight. I was in 11D and he was in 10C. I only spotted the tag when I was getting off, and while I'm usually a social guy and would mention something, I was tired as heck after a crazy weekend and just wanted to go home. So who was it?
Old Jan 27, 2008, 10:38 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Had a pleasant encounter with Ilove2fly today in the lobby of a Hilton hotel - my first purely tag-triggered meeting! ^

Last edited by airoli; Jan 27, 2008 at 10:43 pm
Old Jan 27, 2008, 10:49 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by airoli
Had a pleasant encounter with Ilove2fly today in the lobby of a Hilton hotel - my first purely tag-triggered meeting! ^
That would be iluv2fly , and it was an absolute pleasure to meet you!!!
Old Jan 27, 2008, 11:29 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Was spotted last week as I boarded UA 839 LAX-SYD by lovtofly3. Ironically I was sitting in front of him in 2J.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Margo and I were sitting on Sukhamvit Road, Bangkok a couple weeks ago and I had ordered a huge jug of Chang draft beer as it was only a few bucks.

We had a street-side table as the people watching there is simply amazing .. I love Sukhamvit Road.

We'd just flown in from a couple weeks in Burma that morning, and had the evening to kill before our late SYD flight.

Sipping my beer, and a voice from somewhere says: "is your name Glen"??

This guy had walked past, recognised me, done a double take, and doubled back.

Turns out it was transpac who I had not seen for MANY years.

Small world! Seems he lives there now, and himself had just arrived in from BOS and was heading off to do laundry.

Anyway. MANY jugs of Chang beer later and a nice dinner, Mark poured us into a cab for the airport for our red eye flight.

FT is a great place, and the number of folks one meets all over the world in expected places is just astounding!
Old Feb 4, 2008, 6:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Spotted Mr. Silver Springer @ TPA on Jan 29th.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 1:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
I got spotted by FF (of the BA board - based in the UK, same as me) on an AA flight HNL-ORD in J had a great conversation which passed the time well.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
MatthewLAX and ElizabethH

Met ElizabethH in the RCC; she was trying to get wireless access to, what else? Flyertalk

MatthewLAX spotted my tag as he waited behind me in the boarding line from LAX-FRA (yep, on one of those runs).

Wound up also meeting KarenKay in FRA via ElizabethH.

What a productive MR; 12K EQM and 3 new friends to boot
Old Feb 8, 2008, 7:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MPVG
Roving FT gang at IAD

While waiting for my IAD-JFK flight a couple days ago I overheard a group of people talking about flights and upgrades, using way too much lingo for 'normal' travelers. Looking closer I noticed everyone's bags have the FT luggage tags!

I have a terrible memory for names (especially when they're not names but FT handles), but it was great to run into wannaflyforless, boxo, renoflyer, rwk32882, and mechteach (all taking the scenic route to Las Vegas)! This was my first random spotting, and it couldn't have been a better one.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 8:58 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by FBKSan
While waiting for my IAD-JFK flight a couple days ago I overheard a group of people talking about flights and upgrades, using way too much lingo for 'normal' travelers. Looking closer I noticed everyone's bags have the FT luggage tags!
Yeah, we might as well have had "FT" tattooed on our foreheads with the way we were talking.

It was good to meet you as well - I hope that all went well for you on your trip!
Old Feb 17, 2008, 11:30 pm

On Jan 19 '08 on a US CRJ flying IAD-CLT, while boarding and shuffling down the jetway, I saw a FTer with a much-faded yellow laminated bag tag. My memory fails me as he was either 'sd flyer' or 'sf flyer' on a MR, while I was on my way home from a vacation (and flying SAN-SFO-IAD-CLT-BHM ). That was the first time I've spotted an FTer with a bag tag!
Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:40 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
On last Friday I met aquaguy at FRA Airport. He was sitting at the business gates.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 3:19 pm

I'm like 15 months late to this thread, but I just saw it today (actually I saw it before and thought I posted to it, but looks like no).

Thanksgiving 2006 I went to HKG. Coming home, on the way off the plane at ORD, I saw a yellow tag. I yelled "Hey, Flyertalk!" and that's the story of how I met Sunnyhere.

I tried the same approach in IAD once last year, but no luck; guess the guy didn't hear me. Oh well, his loss -- I'm a hottie!

(PS. Just kidding about the hottie part... but still his loss because I'm so much fun to talk to!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.