Search

SEA DOO VIII - August 4th through 6th, 2006

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2006, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Greetings folks!

We're getting ready to lock down the Saturday night dinner venue and were wondering how many folks are staying in Seattle and how many others are considering or have booked in places like Bellevue.

As you know, downtown Seattle hotel rooms are scarce, and as such those that are available are very expensive. The hotels I listed in areas like Bellevue were significantly cheaper. Also, downtown Bellevue has a very active restaurant and social scene, thanks to many new retail and hotel developments in the downtown core.

If the majority of attendees decide on Bellevue or the East Side for their hotels, we were thinking of maybe holding the Saturday dinner there, as well, since the Saturday winery and brewery tours are on the East Side.

If we choose Bellevue, we would provide shuttle service from Seattle for those who have already confirmed their and wish to remain. Conversely, if we choose Seattle, we will provide shuttle service from Bellevue. But it may end up being cheaper and more convenient for folks to stay in Bellevue.

One note: The Bellevue Doubletree is now the Bellevue Hilton (the old Bellevue Hilton is now a Sheraton).
Old Jun 27, 2006, 10:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by SEA_Tigger
were wondering how many folks are staying in Seattle and how many others are considering or have booked in places like Bellevue.
I'm in Seattle.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 8:39 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by tom911
I'm in Seattle.
Flights are booked.

Have not booked a room yet. Either works for me. Knowing soon would be great so I can figure out where to stay.

Last edited by BOB W; Jun 28, 2006 at 5:26 pm
Old Jun 28, 2006, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

East Side

I'm scratching my eyes trying not to believe what I see!...

A SEA-DOO Dinner in BELLEVUE?

Oh the Horrors!
Old Jul 1, 2006, 5:28 am

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
Hi folks

Can I be put on the confirmed list. Booked my flights today and will arrive at SEA on UA322 at 12:46 so might not make the museum of flight but will try

Will be at the Westin Seattle on the Friday night and Sheraton Seattle on the Saturday night

Will be coming in from LHR (backtracking off a WLG-AKL-LHR RT trip) and will leave SEA on Sunday in order to make my LHR-WLG flight on the Monday. Call me crazy but due to a cancelled flight segment in May would make it difficult for me to requalify as 1K for 2007 without this (I may be poorer due to FT but I certainly travel better!)

Oh, if any baseball tickets are still available, please let me know

Looking forward to it

Jeff
Old Jul 2, 2006, 6:07 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by jswong
Will be coming in from LHR (backtracking off a WLG-AKL-LHR RT trip) and will leave SEA on Sunday in order to make my LHR-WLG flight on the Monday. Call me crazy but due to a cancelled flight segment in May would make it difficult for me to requalify as 1K for 2007 without this (I may be poorer due to FT but I certainly travel better!)
Hey Jeff,

Amazing - 2 FTers from WLG both making it to SEA! I'm also leaving SEA for LAX on Sunday evening, in order to connect to my flight to LHR on Monday. Nice trip in opposite directions .

I'm still looking around for accommodation - the dinner thing could swing it either way.

aj
Old Jul 2, 2006, 7:10 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Looks like I'll be back home (SEA) late the night of August 4, so can make dinner August 5, wherever it happens to be.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 12:03 pm

Programs: AS, Hyatt
Baseball

Does anyone have an extra baseball ticket for Friday night?
Old Jul 3, 2006, 3:08 am

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
Originally Posted by ajnz
Hey Jeff,

Amazing - 2 FTers from WLG both making it to SEA! I'm also leaving SEA for LAX on Sunday evening, in order to connect to my flight to LHR on Monday. Nice trip in opposite directions .

I'm still looking around for accommodation - the dinner thing could swing it either way.

aj
Hey aj

The WLG thing didn't escape my notice either The NZ contingent for SEA DOO VIII will be double that of ozfest III (which btw was a blast)

Have a friend based here in WLG from Seattle, who with impeccably bad timing, will be in SEA and leaving just a few days before I arrive

I can't wait!

Jeff
Old Jul 5, 2006, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
Looks like I'll be back home (SEA) late the night of August 4, so can make dinner August 5, wherever it happens to be.
SEA_Tigger, There does not seem to be any preference. Pick the place so those of us who haven't reserved their rooms can work on getting a roof over us, please.

Last edited by BOB W; Jul 6, 2006 at 3:54 pm
Old Jul 5, 2006, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Regrettably, I am out for this do. As much as I was looking forward to celebrating the end of my second-to-last semester in grad school with y'all all, airfares, hotels, and vacation days have conspired against me and I won't be able to make it.

I hope y'all all have a marvelous time and please drink one or two for me!
Old Jul 6, 2006, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by Aggie Girl
Regrettably, I am out for this do. As much as I was looking forward to celebrating the end of my second-to-last semester in grad school with y'all all, airfares, hotels, and vacation days have conspired against me and I won't be able to make it.

I hope y'all all have a marvelous time and please drink one or two for me!
da**it!!! And I was so looking forward to seeing you again.......What is your preference for our toast in your honor? I'm sure we can make an appropriate homage..... :-:

Last edited by BOB W; Jul 6, 2006 at 10:48 pm
Old Jul 6, 2006, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat
awww, thanks. I'm a Jack and Coke girl, so have one (or more) for me, k? Thanks!!
Old Jul 6, 2006, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Aggie Girl
awww, thanks. I'm a Jack and Coke girl, so have one (or more) for me, k? Thanks!!
Consider it done!!!!!
Old Jul 7, 2006, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by BOB W
SEA_Tigger, There does not seem to be any preference. Pick the place so those of us who haven't reserved their rooms can work on getting a roof over us, please.
Sorry about the delay in getting all this squared away, but I should have something finalized by this weekend and hosted in Seattle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.