SEA DOO VIII - August 4th through 6th, 2006

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEA DOO VIII - August 4th through 6th, 2006

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2006, 9:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
My flight is overbooked by 7 and I'm first on the volunteer list, so my bump chances look promising. I might not hit the Ren until 11 or 12.
Wow...both of my segs today are totally zeroed out in all cabins, but I can't tell how overbooked they are. Perhaps I'll show up a bit early and throw my name on the list, too. (I'm on United via Denver.)
Old Aug 3, 2006, 9:30 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
There is award availability at the W and the Westin now, if you've not already squared away your lodgings...
Old Aug 3, 2006, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by BOB W
Since I will not be with you at the ball game, where is everyone going afterward? The bar a W? That's where I found most of the group last year.
Sounds very good to me!
Old Aug 3, 2006, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
So far, rough day of travel. My first flight (on SW) of the day got canceled after the inbound got hit by lightning and diverted to PIT (instead of CLE). So I'll being going thru a few more cities than I planned. I won't get in until 8:30pm at best so I might not make it for drinks although I might really need one at that point.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 12:19 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by Spiff
Sounds very good to me!

mmmmmm... apple martinis at the W
Old Aug 3, 2006, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Okay, what specifically is Untied's rule for when they will or will not hold a f***ing flight for a guy who's running through DEN trying to make a tight connection because the ground staff in Kansas City couldn't sort out a bunch of duplicate boarding cards that they had issued?

I think the rule is "If pinniped is ON the flight, then we'll hold it for 15-30 minutes to allow all other pax in the general vicinity of the airport to connect. But if he is doing a high-altitude 4x800 meter speedwork session through from one end of DIA to the other, we'll close the door right on time."

Anyway, I still should be hitting downtown a little after 8PM. See y'all at the Renaissance. I hope.

Oh, and to make matters worse, I totally misplayed an opportunity to take a VDB at MCI. I would have had to move from an F seat on United to a Great West RJ (Lord only knows what seat assignment), and at the time I thought my time-cost would be about 3 hours. I thought no...that's too much for a heavily restricted free ticket. Now I'm stuck here for 3 hours anyway...

Unhappy pinniped. Need beer.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 5:01 pm

Ground stop at DEN.

Pinniped very grouchy. Forget beer. Need vodka.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 5:03 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
At least one of us has safely arrived After taking the 194 bus downtown, I've safely maneuvered around the tourists, and I'm ready to head out for lunch. My Alaska flight from Sacramento departed on time, and it was a great ride up the west coast. No bump for me, though.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 7:02 pm

If any of you locals have paperbacks you'd like deposited at the ORD AC book exchange (H/K AC), I would be happy to carry (a reasonable number) of books back with me.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 9:15 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Where is everybody?

Tom911 , chexfan, and I are in the bar at the Renaissance - come on down! Mac 'n Jacks are waiting!

Last edited by ldsant; Aug 3, 2006 at 9:30 pm
Old Aug 3, 2006, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Originally Posted by ldsant
Tom911 , chexfan, and I are in the bar at the Renaissance - come on down! Mac 'n Jacks are waiting!
I am waiting on a delayed member of my touring party. Have one for me please.
i may be around in the evening on friday. I hope to leave Darrington in the afternoon
Old Aug 4, 2006, 12:26 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
A big thanks to ldsant, chexfan, mseverywhere, and pinniped for the enjoyable evening in the Renaissance bar. Liz caught the ferry with seconds to spare (good thing she left when she did...one more minute and she would have been land bound on the Seattle side for 90 mins more). With impeccable timing, I think we hit every red light as we walked down the hill to the ferry terminal. I'm back at the YHA enjoying the free wi-fi in the common area here (Post Alley and Union for those familiar with this area--just a block from the Pike Place market), and then off to bed.
Old Aug 4, 2006, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Sorry to hear I missed the good time at the Ren but I just got in. Yeah, I was booked on the first flight out of CLE to SEA and I actually landed on the last flight to SEA out of OAK. Long day. See you all tomorrow at happy hour!
Old Aug 4, 2006, 9:43 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Last night I thought I would be the last one to arrive in the bar. So I called pinniped while I was waiting for the bus from SEA. I was sure he would be at the bar by then. To my surprise, he had just landed (see his post above) and said he had a rental car. So I met him at National and we rode in to the Ren together.

Then we had a lovely time with the gang in the bar. Thanks for the nachos, pinniped!

It appears I have an extra coupon for breakfast for 2 at the Ren, if anyone wants it. I also have a Marriott 2-for-1 bonus round of golf certficate, if anyone wants it.
Old Aug 4, 2006, 11:06 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
I'm on my way! Just sitting in the PDX RCC right now, waiting for my PDX-SEA connection.

Surprisingly the lounge agents at both LAX and PDX gave remarkably little trouble about an NZ*G entering.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.