Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

DTW Ann Arbor Art Fair DO 2- July 22-23, 2006

DTW Ann Arbor Art Fair DO 2- July 22-23, 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 5:41 pm

Another option that might not pop up on people's radar is renting a private home or apartment. Lots of Ann Arborites actually skip town for Art Fair in order to avoid the noise and crowd, and some of them are willing to negoatiate short-term rentals. Try annarbor.craigslist.org and posting in "housing wanted" to see if you get any bites.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Viajero Joven
I know that with Belleville, at least, you have to search travelocity et.al. for Belleville as they don't come up under either Ann Arbor or Detroit. Canton will come up under a Detroit search, but know there are some 8 Canton hotels so you may want to focus your efforts.
Well, the home town guy just learned something. Never thought Belleville was special enough to get it's own search parameters. Thanks. Great tip!
Old Apr 13, 2006, 10:09 pm

Ah, what the heck. Mark me as confirmed. I'm certain I'll find a way out there. I seem to get more resourceful as crunch-time nears.

Someone want to fill me in a bit on possible events and what the general appeal of this "art fair" is? I don't know anything about it. Right now I'm interested in attending just for the seminars and the "DO" aspect as it would be my first "DO". Thanks.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
Ah, what the heck. Mark me as confirmed. I'm certain I'll find a way out there. I seem to get more resourceful as crunch-time nears.

Someone want to fill me in a bit on possible events and what the general appeal of this "art fair" is? I don't know anything about it. Right now I'm interested in attending just for the seminars and the "DO" aspect as it would be my first "DO". Thanks.
It's a typical street fair however this is one of the largest in the nation (it's actually 3 at the time time a few blocks away from each other)
Old Apr 14, 2006, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by socrates
It's a typical street fair however this is one of the largest in the nation (it's actually 3 at the time time a few blocks away from each other)
Actually, there are now four different fairs.

For me, it is way too early to know if I can make it this year. Last year I had about five different things happening that weekend, and spent the weekend running around like crazy. If anything, I will try to make the Sunday brunch and the Skyteam MR class.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 7:16 am

Programs: UA 1P, DL Gold, SPG Gold
Please count me as tentative for the Ann Arbor DO. Thanks.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 6:12 am

Location: Lat. N41., Long. W-75, in the NJ foothills of the Poconos
Programs: Ex-Con Million Miler, UA MM, CO Plat dozen, Onepass member since 1988
Throw my hat in the ring

Ticket confirmed. Throw my hat in the ring.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bernoulli 777
Ticket confirmed. Throw my hat in the ring.

Done.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Oops!
Old Apr 23, 2006, 11:24 am

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, BD GE
I'm in.

Yeah, Hockens is in. I live right on Main St. downtown Ann Arbor so it would be pretty shameful for me to miss this.

If you guys want me to do any recon let me know. Where are we going to dinner? I have fastidiously scrutinized every restaurant in the downtown area.

If I could tie my roomate to a tree, we could use my 1200˛ft patio...
Old Apr 24, 2006, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by nathockens
Yeah, Hockens is in. I live right on Main St. downtown Ann Arbor so it would be pretty shameful for me to miss this.

If you guys want me to do any recon let me know. Where are we going to dinner? I have fastidiously scrutinized every restaurant in the downtown area.

If I could tie my roomate to a tree, we could use my 1200˛ft patio...
I've always loved the Brown Jug but haven't been there since just before their remodel in 1999
Old Apr 24, 2006, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Here's a link to the Ann Arbor art fairs
Old Apr 24, 2006, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, BD GE
Originally Posted by socrates
I've always loved the Brown Jug but haven't been there since just before their remodel in 1999
The jug is all "modern" with "neon" lights and stuff now. It's still a good place, however I don't think it has the lustre that it used to have.

In the back there are a few tables that we could put together to accomodate some 10 - 15 people or so. Not sure if they take reservations, but I can check it out....
Old Apr 25, 2006, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nathockens
Where are we going to dinner?
Last year, it was a private room in the back of Zanzibar for Saturday night and a private room in the back of Webers for the bruch and VJs first MR seminar, albeit in beta.

I'm open to suggestions. I would like to have the dinner at a reasonably upscale place on Saturday night.
Old Apr 26, 2006, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Bikeguy
I'm open to suggestions. I would like to have the dinner at a reasonably upscale place on Saturday night.
College towns have upscale places? Just kidding...

How reasonably upscale were you thinking?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.