Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Who Will Be The Next FlyerTalk Member To Post? An OMNI Game LIVE and In Person:LJU DO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who Will Be The Next FlyerTalk Member To Post? An OMNI Game LIVE and In Person:LJU DO

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2006, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
IIRC should be something like row 15 for business (if it has it)?
OK has quite good biz class ^
and yes, its last rows. even better food within europe than LH, KL or AF
Old Feb 26, 2006, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chrissxb
well most of us arrive on friday and some leave on sunday, some on monday.
welcome onboard ^
And some on Tuesday after some more touring on Monday.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by monitor
And some on Tuesday after some more touring on Monday.
and some even do a trip after the DO
Old Feb 26, 2006, 10:48 am
Community Director Emerita

They are not as uncomfortable as a CRJ (nothing is)
Now I'm worried. I'm flying Adria in and out on a CRJ in business class. I have no alternative on a Star Alliance ticket. Why is a CRJ bad? I'm not sure I've ever flown one.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Now I'm worried. I'm flying Adria in and out on a CRJ in business class. I have no alternative on a Star Alliance ticket. Why is a CRJ bad? I'm not sure I've ever flown one.
You West Coasters have it easy. Everywhere many ofyou go is Mainline, but we shorthop Eastern flyers get those CRJ disasters regularly.
If you had flown it, you certainly would have bad memories of it. It is relatively narrow and the 2x2 configuration leads to the narrowest seats in the industry (definitely <17" wide). In addition, the seat pitch provided by many of the airlines is around 30-31" and there is no escape by getting an exit row seat. The way they configure the exit row is to provide one extra inch of legroom but gain another two inches or so by cropping the seat cushions in that row. After an hour or so in the shortened seat cushions, your butt surely begins to ache.
I guess that the best you can do is get row 1 aisle so you can stretch your legs a bit out into the aisle, but don't get any idea that this aricraft was designed with anybody's comfort in mind.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 10:55 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Adria CRJ is fine and better than for example LH 735/Avro/etc also used for intra-europe hops.

I'd have to check my trip report to refresh my memory, but I think the overhead bins are rather small but they do have check bags at a/c and collect from tarmac on arrival.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 10:58 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
You West Coasters have it easy. Everywhere many ofyou go is Mainline, but we shorthop Eastern flyers get those CRJ disasters regularly.
If you had flown it, you certainly would have bad memories of it. It is relatively narrow and the 2x2 configuration leads to the narrowest seats in the industry (definitely <17" wide). In addition, the seat pitch provided by many of the airlines is around 30-31" and there is no escape by getting an exit row seat. The way they configure the exit row is to provide one extra inch of legroom but gain another two inches or so by cropping the seat cushions in that row. After an hour or so in the shortened seat cushions, your butt surely begins to ache.
I guess that the best you can do is get row 1 aisle so you can stretch your legs a bit out into the aisle, but don't get any idea that this aricraft was designed with anybody's comfort in mind.
I definitely think Adria's CRJ is more comfortable than this, at least in business class as SanDiego1K will be travelling in.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Adria CRJ is fine and better than for example LH 735/Avro/etc also used for intra-europe hops.

I'd have to check my trip report to refresh my memory, but I think the overhead bins are rather small but they do have check bags at a/c and collect from tarmac on arrival.
That post is interesting. the only Avros we have seen over here recently are the ARJs from Mesaba which are beautifully configured with lots of first class and 33-34" pitch in the back. However, I do realize that many of the BAE-145s (almost the same plane) which are flown around the world are much more densely configured and rather uncomfortable.
In the States, 735s are mostly found on CO, and after a brief flap last year when CO started removing FC seats, in response to Elite outcries they were restored and things are almost back to normal. There are quite a few escape seats in coach the way CO has configured them, with lots of exit row seats (two of them even have unlimited legroom) but the balance are simply regular 737 catllecar accomodations.
Also, the overhead bins in the CRJs are big enough for a briefcase or compact knapsack (if it collapses a bit).
Old Feb 26, 2006, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I definitely think Adria's CRJ is more comfortable than this, at least in business class as SanDiego1K will be travelling in.
Then they must be the new generation of CRJs, 170s or 190s with two class configuration (which is still not the norm in the States on these aircraft). I do understand that both of them are a big step up in comfort (even in coach) from the 50s and 70s which plague many of our routes.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

bump
Old Mar 2, 2006, 3:05 pm

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Interesting... But far too far away in the future for me to say if I'll be able to participate.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The day will be here soon (probably the day after tomorrow) when it will be possible to book Wizz Air's promo London LTN-LJU fare for the dates of this DO. Fares of .01 GBP will likely be available with RT taxes and fees of about 45 GBP.

A similar promo is on from Brussels CRL for .01 Euro plus RT taxes and charges of about 50 Euros.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by chrissxb
people who have to come but aren't confirmed yet:
  • traveller

Well I did ask for the week of Oct 30th off for vacation. BUT.... 1) I might be moving again (ask Dovster about me missing Venice because I moved ) and 2) how do I make reservations for a city I can't pronounce?
Old Mar 3, 2006, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
The day will be here soon (probably the day after tomorrow) when it will be possible to book Wizz Air's promo London LTN-LJU fare for the dates of this DO. Fares of .01 GBP will likely be available with RT taxes and fees of about 45 GBP.

A similar promo is on from Brussels CRL for .01 Euro plus RT taxes and charges of about 50 Euros.
And I will be on said flights for the sheer pleasure of saying I took a whiz on Wizz Air .
Old Mar 3, 2006, 6:56 pm

What the devil is this thread about? And the other one with the similar name?

M8

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.