Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Who Will Be The Next FlyerTalk Member To Post? An OMNI Game LIVE and In Person:LJU DO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who Will Be The Next FlyerTalk Member To Post? An OMNI Game LIVE and In Person:LJU DO

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2006, 10:26 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I flew Adria last year. Was okay and certainly up with the best of the intra-european flights.

Mini report (also of LJU) within this TR
Old Feb 22, 2006, 10:54 am
Community Director Emerita

I have Adria flights booked as part of my Star award.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 11:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by chrissxb
going with a brand new BMW to SLOVENIA? hey this is eastern europe ...
Hmmm - you're in for a shock. Even back in the communist era, because of the proximity of both Italy and Austria, many Slovenians would cross the border regularly to shop, and it showed in the cars, the clothes etc etc etc
Old Feb 23, 2006, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Jenbel
Hmmm - you're in for a shock. Even back in the communist era, because of the proximity of both Italy and Austria, many Slovenians would cross the border regularly to shop, and it showed in the cars, the clothes etc etc etc
i have friends at slovenia ... and I've been several times in this country

btw, in communist era ... Slovenians or Yugoslavians? thats the question.

The Slovene lands were part of the Holy Roman Empire and Austria until 1918 when the Slovenes joined the Serbs and Croats in forming a new multinational state, renamed Yugoslavia in 1929. After World War II, Slovenia became a republic of the renewed Yugoslavia, which though Communist, distanced itself from Moscow's rule. Dissatisfied with the exercise of power by the majority Serbs, the Slovenes succeeded in establishing their independence in 1991 after a short 10-day war. Historical ties to Western Europe, a strong economy, and a stable democracy have assisted in Slovenia's transformation to a modern state. Slovenia acceded to both NATO and the EU in the spring of 2004.
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/...k/geos/si.html
Old Feb 23, 2006, 10:36 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I miscalculated by a week the date of holiday, so looking less likely (boohoo)
Old Feb 23, 2006, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Edinburgh's out, Ljubljawhatever is in. MikeMpls & WifeMpls are definite for Layubyhawhateveryaitis. I think I'll just stick to LJU from now on.

NW 46 MSP-AMS dep 10/22 7:05 pm arr 10/23 10:15 am
OK 623 AMS-PRG 10/23 dep 3:05 pm arr 4:30 pm
OK 826 PRG-LJU 10/23 dep 9:00 pm arr 10:30 pm

OK 827 LJU-PRG 10/31 dep 6:40 am arr 8:10 am
OK 622 PRG-AMS 10/31 dep 12:45 pm arr 2:20 am
NW 55 AMS-MSP 10/31 dep 3:45 pm arr 5:40 pm

One note: AF's regional (Régional, compagnie aérienne européenne) apparently is not available for booking award flights. According to the NW Plat line, they are not on the list of airlines we can use to earn & burn miles. The only way the Plat line could book this as an award ticket is through Prague on OK (and I had to tell her to check Czech Airways via Prague).
Old Feb 23, 2006, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
We are also booked in the Lev for 10/23-10/31. http://www.nwa.com was offering this promo for 97 Euros ($115.54) / night with either 2 singles or a king:

Autumn Promotion Includes American Breakfast And Vat Standard Room ... Spacious Room With Castle View, Internet Conn
Old Feb 23, 2006, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
We are also booked in the Lev for 10/23-10/31. http://www.nwa.com was offering this promo for 97 Euros ($115.54) / night with either 2 singles or a king:

Autumn Promotion Includes American Breakfast And Vat Standard Room ... Spacious Room With Castle View, Internet Conn
I like castle views ^ .
Old Feb 23, 2006, 8:33 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""

Thanks for the heads up! I'm booked in the Lev with a single for 87 Euro ($103 Autumn Promotion Includes American Breakfast And Vat Standard Room Soundproof Windows And Park View.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looking at the options again, I see that if had settled for a mere queen bed, we would also have an ergometric chair and a spacious desk and still get the castle view for the same rate.

I wonder what an eastern breakfast buffet is, as opposed to an American Breakfast? Apparently, it's only packaged with a rentabike, but you have a choice of (1) a single bed, two (count 'em!) soundproofed windows, and a park view, or (2) a queen bed, a spacious desk, and a castle view, all for $125.07.

There is also an option for a Marble on Chest of Drawers at the $115.04 rate.

I have never seen such a detailed set of room rates before. They must have a bunch of really bored marketeers.

lili: Maybe you should check that you're getting the full complement of two (count 'em!) soundproof windows.

Well, back to work .....

Last edited by MikeMpls; Feb 23, 2006 at 10:00 pm
Old Feb 23, 2006, 9:15 pm
In memoriam

lili: Maybe you should check that you're getting the full complement of two (count 'em!) soundproof windows.

Well, back to work .....
I don't think the single includes double windows. But I plan to ask for an upgrade to marble on the chest of drawers. You have to choose your battles...
Old Feb 23, 2006, 11:03 pm
Community Director Emerita

Monkey see, monkey do. I have now booked the Lev.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 4:47 pm
In memoriam

Coins:

0.50 bee
1.00 trout
2.00 swallow
5.00 zlatorog

I'm learning the language:
http://www.ff.uni-lj.si/publikacije/sft/
VELIKO MRZLO PIVO (large cold beer) or VINO (wine)

And the Lipica Stud is in nearby Lipica. Think Lippizaner horses.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Monkey see, monkey do. I have now booked the Lev.
Me too. King No Smoking at 97 Euros including breakfast.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
One note: AF's regional (Régional, compagnie aérienne européenne) apparently is not available for booking award flights. According to the NW Plat line, they are not on the list of airlines we can use to earn & burn miles. The only way the Plat line could book this as an award ticket is through Prague on OK (and I had to tell her to check Czech Airways via Prague).
I was able to pull standard availability for award on FB for CDG-LJU, maybe you want to ask again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.