A List of FlyerTalk Members You Have Already Met in Person

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A List of FlyerTalk Members You Have Already Met in Person

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2005, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Oh my. This would be a very long list.

I can start with the first Flyertalkers I met:

Catman - who started me down this road when I met him; newself, and vulcan at the CO presidents Club way back when in September 2000.

-Most memorable...Can't even begin to tell you 'cause there are so many.

-Cutest... No way will I even consider getting into trouble on this one.

-Flyertalker that really went out of their way for me - (a long list I can assure you).

-A short list of Flyertalkers who've invited me/us into their homes.

-All those that have been on the dhammer53 Brooklyn Reality Tour.

-My partner in crime cawhite

-Fellow Brooklyn Flyertalkers

-Fellow foodies.

Dan

Last edited by dhammer53; Jun 21, 2005 at 5:42 pm
Old Jun 21, 2005, 5:54 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dmfriedman
I must not have left much of an impression when we met in Las Vegas, Canarsie
Originally Posted by wharvey
I was thinking the same thing Dave... and I have his business card....
Originally Posted by dhammer53
Dave, don't feel bad.
I had not finished my list yet — and I have not even begun to add more comments!

None of you were last nor least nor not memorable — trust me on this one!

I am amazed at how many FlyerTalk members I have actually met! I did not even think that the list would be as long as it is!

I also like the different ways different FlyerTalk members are compiling their lists, whether chronologically, alphabetically or by — well, whatever dhammer53 was doing there...

I do have to wonder, however — which FlyerTalk member has met the most FlyerTalk members of all in person? I am almost certain the answer is not Randy Petersen...
Old Jun 21, 2005, 6:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Whoa, my list would be way too long, so I am just trying to remember those FlyerTalkers with whom I have actually flown.

AnnaS
auh20
Baze
beckles
Catman
Cesco.g
craigz
Getonboard
Gisela
greggseattle
gumpfs
Horizons
Hunki
IFLYUA
iluv2fly
jailer
kokonutz (after the change)
Mark Rogers
Matt Wald (before the change)
Mr Limo
onefreeman
Peregrine
PremEx
Raeban, R.I.P.
Rudi
SEA_Tigger
violist
wingless

together with a bunch, I am sure, whom I just have temporarily forgotten, (it happens when you get old) and, lots and lots, who have recognized our tags, whose handles I never knew, or can't remember.

Edited to add:

Superd1
WarrenLM

and, mjm

That makes either 30 or 31, depending on how I count the koko matt.

Last edited by Punki; Jun 22, 2005 at 1:00 am
Old Jun 21, 2005, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
How could you forget the Governor?

Originally Posted by Punki
Whoa, my list would be way too long, so I am just trying to remember those FlyerTalkers with whom I have actually flown.

AnnaS
auh20
Baze
beckles
Catman
Cesco.g
craigz
Getonboard
Gisela
greggseattle
gumpfs
Horizons
Hunki
IFLYUA
iluv2fly
jailer
kokonutz (after the change)
Mark Rogers
Matt Wald (before the change)
Mr Limo
onefreeman
Peregrine
PremEx
Raeban, R.I.P.
Rudi
SEA_Tigger
violist
wingless

together with a bunch, I am sure, whom I just have temporarily forgotten, (it happens when you get old) and, lots and lots, who have recognized our tags, whose handles I never knew, or can't remember.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 7:26 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Just 10 posts. That didnt take long
Just wait — someone will post that he/she has been listed in someone else’s milepost erroneously and has actually never met that FlyerTalk member...
Old Jun 21, 2005, 7:29 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
... or at least doesnt want to admit meeting
Old Jun 21, 2005, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Sorry, Robot Doctor, while every experience with you makes me feel like I am flying, I honestly don't remember having flown (on an airplane) with you. Did I? My brain is sooooooooooo old.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 7:41 pm

Programs: FT Member # 642
I have met several hundred people and couldn't begin to know where to start but most of the ones listed above I have met at one time or another.

I have my favorite FTers I could list but I wouldn't want to miss someone and get myself in trouble.

Kathy how did you find all of those names it must have taken you all day to research it.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 7:49 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
I've only been to three DO's thus far but have plans for a whole lot more in the future, trust me!
Interestingly enough, two other FT'ers have been at all three DO's that I've attended.
Ms. Everywhere, which shouldn't surprise me considering her handle, and belle3388, who I've always been meaning to ask about the significance of the "3388". I'm sure it's a secret code for something exotic.
I've met individual FT'ers on many "non-DO" occasions and it's always a treat.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Punki
Sorry, Robot Doctor, while every experience with you makes me feel like I am flying, I honestly don't remember having flown (on an airplane) with you. Did I? My brain is sooooooooooo old.
Oops, you are right. I was thinking of the meeting the FTer not Flying with a FTer that you posted.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Altho I've been reading and posting on FT almost since the beginning, we really never attended a Meet or a Do until about a year ago. In that time, we have met so many great people that (with an admiring nod to KathyWdrf) it is would be prohibitively difficulty to compile a list now. You know who you are and we have enjoyed the company of each and every one of you.

Originally Posted by Canarsie
[*] monitor — South Florida was the first of many times I would have the pleasure of meeting monitor, who never travels (and never should travel!) without his wife. I wonder if he ever forgave me for what I unknowingly did to him in Venice...[/i]
You have been long forgiven. Who in the world could ever hold a grudge against one of the sweetest guys that we have ever known? We are hoping to meet you again soon and move you up from the white anchovies and lobster to maybe truffles, escargot , and calamari.
To know Canarsie is to love him.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
I won't even attempt to put a list together... I'm well over 300 at this point and would inadvertently leave someone off. I have had some amazing times with various FTers though - and its always worth meeting more!
Old Jun 21, 2005, 9:10 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Originally Posted by Cholula
.....belle3388, who I've always been meaning to ask about the significance of the "3388". I'm sure it's a secret code for something exotic.
Any numbers that start with 1,2,3,6 and 8 or a combination thereof will always sound lucky. To achieve a feeling of health and prosperity you can choose numbers from these combinations and you cannot go wrong, especially well if you can balance the yin and yang numbers in their combinations. For example 3388 or 1618 and 1328 are all very auspicious, because they have a combination of two yin numbers and two yang numbers, so they are considered balanced and ritually correct, in harmony with each other.
Feng-Shui & Chineses Numerology.

And this known by me because I asked ding, I mean belle.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 9:38 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by magic111
Any numbers that start with 1,2,3,6 and 8 or a combination thereof will always sound lucky. To achieve a feeling of health and prosperity you can choose numbers from these combinations and you cannot go wrong, especially well if you can balance the yin and yang numbers in their combinations. For example 3388 or 1618 and 1328 are all very auspicious, because they have a combination of two yin numbers and two yang numbers, so they are considered balanced and ritually correct, in harmony with each other.
Feng-Shui & Chineses Numerology.

And this known by me because I asked ding, I mean belle.

! Thanks for the explanation.

Sincerely,

Cholula1618/1328
Old Jun 22, 2005, 12:30 am
Suspended

I just remembered two other FlyerTalkers with whom we have flown:

Superd1
WarrenLM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.