Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW Monthly Gathering Thread....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2004, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Fun group last night! It was great to see old friends and we were all able to welcome cmhua777 to Dallas (and his FIRST FT event).

We missed djev but we did get a surprise visit from DFWTripGuy.

Studley will be planning/posting the January gathering. We all chatted a bit about possible venues for future happy hours/dinners as well as what days/nights are best for everyone. The group opinion was to keep rotating various days of the week (between weeknights and Sat/Sun) and areas of town, particularly since DFW isn't the most "drivable" city after work for a 6 pm gathering!

I look forward to seeing folks next month.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 4:59 pm

It was really nice renewing acquaintances. cmhua777, it was great meeting you! Not bad for a first event, eh?

The gathering next month is set.

Saturday, January 15, at 4:30 P.M.

Champps Restaurant & Bar
855 W. John Carpenter Freeway
Irving, TX 75039
Phone: 972-373-0333

All of you who need time to plan ahead - you now have that time.

Last edited by studley; Dec 31, 2004 at 6:59 pm Reason: Posted venue and new time information.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 5:52 pm

Location: DALLAS,TX AA EXP-3MM, HYT PLAT, SPG PLAT,HLT GLD,LEADERS CLUB
I am sorry to have missed this fuction. I will be at the SIN Do for the January get together. I would be happy to host a function in the near future.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 10:03 pm

Pete, I definitely have you in mind for one of these functions in the future. I remember your gracious hospitality at the last one we had at your place.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 4:08 pm

Programs: Former AA EXP/2M Lifetime now Blackballed UA Premier Executive PWP Bronze
Originally Posted by studley
It was really nice renewing acquaintances. cmhua777, it was great meeting you! Not bad for a first event, eh?

The date and time of the gathering next month is already set.

Saturday, January 15, at 6:00 P.M.

All of you who need time to plan ahead - you now have that time.

The venue will be announced a bit later, once some more research is completed.
Count me in for this. I fly out DFW-LAX at 8:40pm, but I will get there early and stay until 7pm - location sensitive planning obviously.

Sam
Old Dec 30, 2004, 5:46 pm

The dinner is definitely being planned with you in mind.
Old Dec 31, 2004, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
studley... let me know if you need any restaurant recommendations that are within staggering distance of DFW - that's my daily stomping ground when I'm not on the road.
Old Dec 31, 2004, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat
We could also make the time officially a bit earlier to accomodate Sam-DFW. Start at 4 or 5 instead of 6?
Old Dec 31, 2004, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm game either way.
Old Dec 31, 2004, 3:58 pm

With the idea being that of having Sam at the dinner, I agree on both time and location.

We'll split the difference and say 4:30 P.M.

techgirl, what locations do you have in mind? That was a concern of mine, with Sam's flight.
Old Dec 31, 2004, 4:04 pm

Any recommendations on Thai food? Something different for us.
Old Dec 31, 2004, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The places I know aren't really "Saturday night" places - most of the ethnic food in the area is going to be truly "suburban". There is one good Thai place that is nicer, but it is a small joint has no bar. Given that some of us may get there early, my *personal* preference would be for a place that will have the bar cranking at 4 or 5 pm and football on.

Chammps or Cool River (and yes, I still dislike the "scene" there) or The Keg or Bahama Breeze might fit the non-Mexican (wasn't that what we agreed on?) bill.
Old Dec 31, 2004, 6:57 pm

I think Champps fits the bill quite nicely. So here is the venue of our next gathering:

Champps Restaurant & Bar
Irving, TX 75039

Saturday, January 15

Let's meet at the bar at 4:30 P.M., and we can get to a table at 5:00 P.M. There will be word left up front referencing FlyerTalk, so anyone who has never met before can find us. I'm going to also wear my ID badge that I have from the DFW Gathering (it has the FT logo and my handle on it).

Post here if you can make it, or just show up and surprise us.

Last edited by studley; Dec 31, 2004 at 7:07 pm
Old Jan 1, 2005, 1:49 pm

Programs: Former AA EXP/2M Lifetime now Blackballed UA Premier Executive PWP Bronze
Originally Posted by studley
I think Champps fits the bill quite nicely. So here is the venue of our next gathering:

Champps Restaurant & Bar
Irving, TX 75039

Saturday, January 15

Let's meet at the bar at 4:30 P.M., and we can get to a table at 5:00 P.M. There will be word left up front referencing FlyerTalk, so anyone who has never met before can find us. I'm going to also wear my ID badge that I have from the DFW Gathering (it has the FT logo and my handle on it).

Post here if you can make it, or just show up and surprise us.

Count me in. I will PM the masses to see if we can get a Texas-sized crowd for our second monthly gathering.

Sam
Old Jan 1, 2005, 2:13 pm

The list so far:

Sam - DFW
studley
techgirl

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.