Dallas - Chuy's October 28th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2004, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former AA EXP/2M Lifetime now Blackballed UA Premier Executive PWP Bronze

I making a trip "home" to Dallas - a trip that I make less and less frequently it seems. If anyone is going to be around, I'm up for a mini-Do; it would be good to meet some of you and put faces with the made-up names. We could try to do the Cool River rendezvous that flopped last time or another attempt at Esparzas. Via Real (Esparzas East) is always a favorite. Thursday happy hour or Saturday afternoon probably work best for me.

Sam

From "Where we all live" post:

DFW Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, USA
3ata - Dallas
Amanda - Arlington
boilermaker - Arlington
DallasFlyer - Mansfield
eMailman - Dallas
PETEFLYS - Garland
Sam - DFW - Irving
studley Dallas
techgirl - Irving/Coppell
WebbyWunda Ickle Village south of Dallas

Last edited by Sam - DFW; Oct 7, 2004 at 1:43 pm Reason: Edit post to extend invitations...
Old Oct 6, 2004, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat
I am still trying to meet some FTers too. I could get together on Thursday evening in the Knox-Henderson, Greenville Ave. area or on Saturday after 3pm probably.
Old Oct 6, 2004, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former AA EXP/2M Lifetime now Blackballed UA Premier Executive PWP Bronze
McKinney Ave/Knox-Henderson/Greenville Ave./Downtown

That area is fine with me. I'll be in Las Colinas, but I know that side of Dallas, having lived downtown.

Chuy's
Cuba Libre
Primo's
Barley House
Metropolitan
Iron Cactus
Republic

I know that's four Mexican places of the seven, but that's what came to mind.

Either Thursday or Saturday is fine. Hopefully this will garner the interest of others and they can state a time/day/location preference.

Sam
Old Oct 7, 2004, 9:29 am

Chuy's would be great. For a more low key place the Tipperary Inn in East Dallas is fun. Thursday night would be best for me but if Saturday is better for other people it would be okay too.
Old Oct 7, 2004, 9:50 am

Programs: Exxon Mobil Supertanker, WN Double Peanut, Accor Golden Cockroach
I'll be in West Virginia and IND during that time
Old Oct 7, 2004, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
I could do Chuy's on Thursday night. My weekend is already tied up.
Old Oct 7, 2004, 1:41 pm

Why don't we plan on Chuy's on Thursday Oct.28th then. Happy hour lasts until 7pm so it would be good to meet at 6:30p if your schedules allow for that.
Old Oct 7, 2004, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA, CO, DL, WN, SPG Gold
Sam just let me know about this!

And I wish I could attend, but I'm getting married in Santa Fe that Friday and won't be here for the meetup.

I'll keep an eye out for the next one, though! I live in M-Streets area and work in Addison, so anything in that looooooooong corridor works really well for me!
Old Oct 7, 2004, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Marriott Silver
I'll be on AA67 ORD-DFW Tursday night, so I won't land until ~8:00. Maybe next time.

(I didn't even know there was a Chuy's in Dallas. Been to at least one in AUS. ^ )
Old Oct 7, 2004, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5MM, DL DM, Bonvoy Titanium, Avis CHM, National VIP
thanks for the invite

Thanks for the invitation, but weeknights don't work for me...too many kids activities for the wife to let me go to happy hour. If you ever have a DFW get-together at lunch, let me know!
Old Oct 7, 2004, 8:23 pm

Programs: LH SEN, AA AAirpass, IC Ambassador Platinum, *wood Gold
I should be in town and could make it.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 12:20 am

At this point, things look fairly good for me to be there, since I'm taking Friday as a vacation day.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 9:08 am

Thanks for the invite. I am unable to attend since I work an afternoon shift on Thursdays. Sounds like y'all are going to have a good time.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 1:01 pm

Programs: Peaked at AA PLT in '04 (Thanks to FT!) Dropped to Gold in '05, Trying 'Gold Challenge' for '06 :(
Thanks very much for the invitation Sam. Sadly I'm stuck the wrong side of the pond at present: I was grilled by the INS at DFW last time (and so was my Texan BF by phone while he waited outside the terminal for me!) The final outcome was I was 'allowed' (so generous) to enter the USA 'on this occasion', but that I must not visit so often - So this year 'They' won't have been worrying themselves sick imagining that I'm living/working/studying/etc in America.

After all, God forbid that I should want to contribute to American Airlines' coffers and then do nothing more than spend time with my love and in DFW's finest commercial establishments (My best bargain = Dollar Tree chunky scented candles ) Hmm... Well I guess I do buy some groceries and household items... OK, bring on the handcuffs!!

It's very irritating and frustrating being told off by an INS girl who was practically young enough to be our kid!!

OK, rant over I hope you enjoy the evening and perhaps next time.

All the best,

Sheila AKA Webby
Old Oct 10, 2004, 11:38 am

Thanks for the invite but I will be on my way to HKG. Have a margarita or two for me while I am being subjected to the horrors of CX 831 in J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.