Hire a Flyertalker

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hire a Flyertalker

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2012, 12:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Hiring: Independent Apparel Sales Agents/Reps

Our company is launching two new amazing sports apparel products, both patented, and available no where else. I am looking for commission-based sales reps in the US and Taiwan to present our line to independent, regional and national sports apparel and sporting goods stores. Please email me (not PM, my box is almost full) for more information.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
My company is STILL looking for a Senior Linux Systems Administrator (to support the software development group) and will be looking for a Senior Development Sysadmin/Team Lead soon.

Jobs are San Mateo/Foster City, CA-based, and we're a very cool place to work for. The Linux job is posted on our public web site, the other I'm not sure of the timing on, but if interested, PM me. I can speak in detail about both positions (the latter IS my position, and we have to hire someone before I can make a lateral move I want. )
Old Jun 12, 2012, 1:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA gold, A3 gold
Travel agent for SF based startup

Position: Customer Service Manager / Travel agent

From my company:

We are GetGoing -- a San Francisco based technology startup offering unprecedented airfare discounts to destination-flexible leisure travelers through our online booking site. We are partnering with major airlines to launch and are funded by some of the top venture capital and private equity firms, including those behind DST (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and Zynga) and Lightbank (Groupon). We are looking to supplement our technology and business development teams with our first travel agent extraordinaire, someone who knows Amadeus, can do manual ticketing, identify ticketing errors, execute ticket changes and re-pricing, be familiar with customer service, etc. like the back of their hand.

Knowledge of Amadeus is required. Ideally it is someone who pushes the limits of creativity; is familiar with travel agency back office processes; would enjoy working in a dynamic and unstructured startup environment; be interested in launching a unique fare product, and possibly be wearing many hats. Must have prior experience working for a travel agency or an air ticket consolidator (or demonstrate comparable level of knowledge), have excellent communication skills, and be able to work flexible hours as needed. This can be a contract or a contract-to-hire position (your choice). Would prefer a local agent (San Francisco Bay Area) but will consider out-of-area candidates as well.

Interested? PM me or email us at travel [at] getgoing.com

Last edited by iloveipods; Jul 25, 2012 at 5:26 am
Old Jun 15, 2012, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, IHG, Amtrak
Seeking Software Consultants

My company is still looking to hire Software/Product Consultants.

Below is a high-level list of things to consider:
  • Technical experience highly preferred
  • Consulting, training, and/or Instructional Design experience preferred
  • ERP knowledge a plus
  • You must be able to adapt to be a jack-of-all-trades (consulting for various software products, installing and troubleshooting server software, and software training are all part of the position responsbilities)

For those of you in the US, there is 100% domestic travel with a little bit of Canada. My company is also hiring in EMEA. I'm not sure what the travel rate is over there but I'm sure it's somewhat high.

PM or email me if you are interested and I will send you the full job listing.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC, MM, HH, MB
Hi flyertalkers. I'll try my luck here:

[Edit: Found my job but not related to FT.]

Last edited by Monty_GER; Sep 13, 2012 at 2:25 am
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:03 am

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
I was wondering if anyone here works at a large international company and it is looking for interns. I'm a Business Administration student pursuing a major in Management and have a minor in Marketing. I'm based in Venezuela and currently working for an offshore bank in Barbados. I'm EU citizen and speak English,Spanish and French. Female- 22 years old.

Looking for more internships preferably in the baking area and consumer products could work too.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 5:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA gold, A3 gold
Customer Service Manager / Travel agent

Still looking for a customer service / travel agent with knowledge of Amadeus!

Email us at travel [a] getgoing.com
Old Jul 29, 2012, 11:55 pm

anyone looking to hire a mechanical engineer?

Hello FT,

I am looking for something new. I hold a BS and an MS in mechanical engineering but have been migrating more towards blended business and technical roles over time. My experience is fairly varied with a large portion in the semiconductor manufacturing realm but significant other experience in DOD/FedGov contracting, Field Service Engineering, Startup consulting (both business and technical), and product realization work for small companies.

I am currently based in PHX in a role where I travel >90% of the time for a government focused industrial equipment manufacturer where I wear many hats. I perform sales, installation, repairs, upgrades, design, consultation, and above all else client management. My previous role was for multiple years as a 24x7 process engineer at a major semiconductor manufacturer supporting all aspects of production from turning wrenches to defining strategic factory goals. My purpose in this post is to look for something new, somewhere new, and something with a challenge. PM if interested.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Hire the best Customer Service Representatives you can have :)

Hello all,

We are seeking help in finding positions to excellent staff members of the Delta Seattle Customer Service Group, who have served us for so many years. Staff members still looking for positions in customer service, aviation, travel and planning, and other transferable skill areas. The employees are all very experienced working with audience/clients from the least experienced customer to the most seasoned ones. Employees also include Multi-lingual employees speaking Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Japanese and Spanish.

Background:
As some of you may know, Delta is closing its Reservation and Customer Service Center in Seattle, Washington at the end of August. This is a relatively senior center and carries superb customer service experience, great computer and guide-by-phone skills and amazing knowledge and communication skills in aviation, travel and planning.

A group of flyertalkers have visited the center on July 27, 2012 to thank them in person for many years of service. It was a great learning experience and we saw alot of the 'behind the scene' of what it takes to serve the (too-frequent) fliers. You can also see a full trip report here.

About the employees and set of skills:
The employees are the best asset of the center, senior in the company, experienced, motivated, and well qualified. While some are relocating, and some are retiring, many of them are still seeking positions in customer service, aviation, travel and other transferable skill areas. The positions they seek are both in the Seattle area, and commuting/relocation positions as well. You can't find better, and more experienced than this fine group. They carry excellent computers and multi-system skills, with the ability to translate the customers' needs from the client language to reservations, tech. support, procedures and purchases. In other words, they can help you generate revenue, increase customer relations and support your returning clients.

A word about their quality of service and some examples:
I have to tell you that I am flying a large group of research fellows a year. I could not handle the IRROPS, schedule changes, and creative routing without the help of this team. When we were there on Friday we saw the best, most dedicated and creative workforce available out there. By lieu of example, a center employee was able to look into a complicated reservation I had few weeks ago, break it down to locate the areas in which the computer system 'broke' the reservation and caused the booking/pricing errors, re-link the relevant dots, and complete the purchase within minutes. That is a 'saved revenue'.
For that reason, I encourage you to consider them for openings in your company. I would personally endorse their hiring.
If you have positions available, or 'leads' to positions, please feel free to post them here, or PM me.

Thank you,

Behalf of all the visitors,

DLroads

Last edited by DLroads; Aug 5, 2012 at 11:00 am
Old Aug 5, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: Delta Ballast Medallion, Card Carrying Honorary KM
On behalf of the SEA RES team, thank you SO much DLroads!

Hopefully, we'll all make some GREAT connections here!!

Regards,

Paulie
Old Aug 8, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: Skyteam
Looking for a logistics intern

I'm currently looking for a LOGISTICS INTERN in the Metro Detroit Area. Office is located in Auburn Hills, MI. It's an automotive tier 1 supplier logistics for GM and Chrysler.

This is a paid internship. Length is between 3 to 6 months.

Requirements:
*Associates or Bachelor's Degree.
*Must speak fluent English. Korean as a second lanugage is a plus but not required.
*Must be sufficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Powerpoint.
*Able to work 8-5 M-F, possible over-time conference with overseas office early morning or late night.
*Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
*Previous logistics experience not required.

PM me if interested.

Last edited by skchin; Aug 8, 2012 at 1:39 pm
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Plat
Hi FF-ers,

I've been working as a recruiter for four years and looking for new opportunities back in Asia (HKG/SIN preferably). Fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin and English. Currently resides in SLC. BS in Comm and MBA in international buss/finance.

PM me and I have my resume ready to go!
Old Aug 8, 2012, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
My employer is looking for a couple of senior sysadmin roles... the currently posted one is for a cloud/production software-as-a-service admistrator: http://t.co/roPegi2r but there is a second not-yet-posted listing for a generalist senior sysadmin for our development group.

Both Foster City, CA based. Not sure if we pay relocation.

We've also got two Dublin, Ireland positions; one for a help desk person, one for a senior IT generalist (someone who can float between help desk and infrastructure.)

We're also almost always looking for technical and functional consultants, especially anyone who's got a mix of insurance industry and enterprise software implementation experience.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:34 am

Programs: UA Silver, Southwest A-List, Hilton Diamond
Posting again about 3 years later. I've been very happily employed in the Los Angeles area for the last 2 years or so, but looking to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area for personal/family reasons.

Here's my background:

Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering with an emphasis in Experimental Fluid Mechanics from UC Berkeley

Dissertation on studying blood flow for medical device applications.

Spent the last 2 years working in the aerospace industry on launch vehicle propulsion systems.

Honestly would like to find a job in the aerospace industry, preferably on the commercial side, but ok with defense again. Would love to work with any of the airlines!

My greatest skill is the ability to critically think, process processing large amounts of data, develop conclusions, and present results in a manner understandable to a technical and non-technical audience.

Its a long shot, but thought I would give this a try.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Having had my job put at risk of redundancy (again) I am looking for alternative employment. Does anyone have experience of good recruitment agencies in the US; CA, WA, New England, PA, VA in particular?

I am eligible for a green card, and would be more than happy to self fund an application for the right job opportunity.

thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.