Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

WineDo 17 - Sunday June 2, 2024 - NYC at North Square

Old Jan 28, 2024, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.

Sunday June 2, 2024 at North Square in Greenwich Village. Time 6:30. Some start arriving at 6:00. We're in a private room that holds 24.

Cost will be about the same as last year. Figure high $80's - low $90's. This is a 3 course set meal with several choices. Please advise as to any food restrictions.
Your only other cost to attend is to bring a bottle of wine, or to double up with someone to bring one better wine (in theory). I'm shooting for 16 or so bottles.

I'm asking you to at least bring something good for dinner, that's why there is a $35 minimum (hasn't changed in 10+ years). It's Ok to bring a box of Swiss or Belgium chocolates instead of wine. It will go with the after dinner sweet wine.

A few comments from 2023. You can go back and start reading at post 141.

In 2024 I'm suggesting we triple up on the bottles. Less bottles make it easier to enjoy what we have. Pouring 19 bottles this year was next to impossible, and it's not fair to the last bottles sitting on the counter and the people that brought them. I know many of you want to bring a nice wine to dinner and that's great. Everyone enjoys drinking good wine, but something has to give next year.

All that said, it was a great event and I thoroughly enjoyed WineDO after having missed the last few. It’s a good crew who usually shows up and nice to also see newcomers that enjoy it too.

Whew. https://www.nycpride.org/event/nyc-pride-march

just a notional approach here:

X = 4
Y = 5
Z = 6
Q = 3
could easily make this X = 5 and Y = 4 if the organizer deems that a better mix; in either case, total = 18

My thoughts on 2023 goes for 2024. My suggestion again this year (and it seems to work) - couples bring 1 bottle of $70 wine instead of 2 bottles of $35 wine (if possible). If you'd like to source from my cellar (any attendee), we can double up. Heck, we can even triple up and I'll bring a bottle costing $35 x 3 ($105). That still gives us lots of wine to taste and enjoy. And with less bottles, I can sit and enjoy myself and each of the wines, and so can you.

Maximum of 24 attendees. I'll ask you to post your wines later this spring. This is a pre-paid event. If you have to cancel, and I can find a replacement, I'll be able to refund you.

Interested? Please post below. FYI, if you don't drink wine, you're still invited. That means one less bottle to pour.

Final thoughts... bring a wine that you want to share. I think that I can trust you after 17 WineDo's. Please keep the XYZQ posted above in mind. It's a good idea to get a handle on the types of wine/Champagne/sweeties we'll be enjoying.

See you in June.

dh
Old Jan 28, 2024, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
So far:

24 on the way to 24.

dhammer53
EastBay1K +1
Austin787
GW McLintock
GrjApp +1
KathyWdrf
thewayofthefuture +1
mnmag
cliburn
FriendlySkies
TWA884
HPN-HRL
kiyaj
JRL767 + 1
bdnyc
Santander
Polytonic
stravels +1
stockmanjr

Waitlist

owlwoman
FlyerStef +1
dinoscool3
cockpitvisit
the_happiness_store
Lori_Q
itsaboutthejourney

dh
cliburn, sapguy, mnmag and 1 others like this.

Last edited by dhammer53; Apr 8, 2024 at 6:38 pm Reason: updated 4/8/2024
Old Jan 28, 2024, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
EB1K+ 1.
dhammer53 and FriendlySkies like this.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 11:45 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
I will just be getting back from Ozfest on May 30 and Beck & I will be on the ANC-JFK inaugural two weeks later. So....I will not be able to attend this year. Will plan on 2025 for sure!
Old Jan 28, 2024, 1:02 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
We will also be out of town that day so will send our regrets and wish all attending another great event!
Old Jan 28, 2024, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Darn, will have to miss the dinner since I'll still be in New Zealand. I'm sure it will be another fun and memorable Do

Hopefully will have a chance to catch up with you in person at the LEX Do in April.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Please count me in! I will prepay like everyone else, and I will need to fly to Orlando the next day so will leave in the morning of Monday 6/3/2024.

If I have to be in Orlando on Sunday 6/2/2024, then if a replacement can be found, then a refund can be issued to me.

I will likely be bringing 1 or 2 bottles from my Hospices de Beaune collection, with each bottle worth between $125 to $220, like this bottle as an example
dhammer53 likes this.

Last edited by sapguy; Jan 28, 2024 at 7:11 pm
Old Jan 28, 2024, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Count me in. Wine TBD. I'm open to doubling or tripling up on a bottle.
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Count me in. If it's okay with you I already have a bottle I would like to bring

If someone can remind me during the prior week, I can prepare note sheets again.

-J.
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 5:36 pm

Programs: US, HH
Please add me in with a +1, thanks!
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Sign me up!
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:54 am

Programs: UA Gold 0.66MM, MR LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hertz PC
me +1 please
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
Sign me up please!
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Please add me to this event!
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Tentative for now! I’m going to WAW the following weekend, so waiting to see what days off I’ll have this weekend and next. Hope to know shortly.
dhammer53 and mnmag like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.