BRT - Brooklyn Reality Tour - June 3, 2023 Saturday - NYC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BRT - Brooklyn Reality Tour - June 3, 2023 Saturday - NYC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2023, 9:49 am

Programs: NWA, UA Silver. Hilton Diamond
I've seen you post this for YEARS, and always wanted to go. Its doubtful I can get to NYC but I'm going to actively see if its possible.
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by Canarsie
You don’t look it, Flatlands, my friend.
Some Flyertalkers thought 53 was my birthday. And just to be clear, it's the year of my birth.

dh

Last edited by dhammer53; Mar 24, 2023 at 7:04 pm Reason: spelling fix.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dhammer53
Some Flyertalkers though 53 was my birthday. And just to be clear, it's the year of my birth.

dh
Well you look 53 to me! Wink
dhammer53 and iluv2fly like this.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
My travel is all set. I get into JFK T5 at 9am Saturday, leaving from LGA at 10pm Sunday, currently have a reservation to stay at what I'm sure is the lovely old Holiday Inn Wall Street for now although I may try to find something a little centrally located at a similar points level.
FriendlySkies likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
I'll join at some point in the afternoon as always.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Please count me in! Last year's tour was very pleasant.
dhammer53 and FriendlySkies like this.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
My ex-SPG annual free night 35k award finally kicked in, and with an additional 5k I've moved my hotel to the far more appropriately located NY Marriott Brooklyn. So while I will not get to the starting point in time, I can at least drop off my bag at the hotel and meet the group at their second stop without much hassle.
dhammer53 and FriendlySkies like this.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
My ex-SPG annual free night 35k award finally kicked in, and with an additional 5k I've moved my hotel to the far more appropriately located NY Marriott Brooklyn. So while I will not get to the starting point in time, I can at least drop off my bag at the hotel and meet the group at their second stop without much hassle.
From the Marriott Brooklyn to Time Out Market it's 9th of a mile. The walk is under 20 minutes.
It's a 5 minute walk to the Transit Museum.
It's a 10 minute subway ride to the Staten Island Ferry Terminal.

I'm pondering meeting at the Staten Island Ferry Terminal at 10:00. This will save time. I have to work out the details and timing.

dh
Old Apr 16, 2023, 8:06 pm

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
Would love to have joined in, but I don't get back to Brooklyn until 6/5. Hopefully another year.....
Old Apr 23, 2023, 4:56 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
I booked my flight to New York for the WineDo and I will be arriving in time to join the BRT, so please add my name to the list.
dhammer53 and GW McLintock like this.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 9:07 am

Please add me to the list.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 4:15 pm

Plane ticket booked. Now I need a hotel booking advice (never booked a hotel in NYC that long in advance!) I don't care about the brand - any decent 4* hotel in a convenient and safe area in Manhattan will do.

Should I book a refundable rate now (just to have something in hand) and hope for a good deal at the last moment, or should I lock a cheap non-refundable rate now? Are there usually good last-minute hotel deals in NYC in the beginning of June?

Can anyone with experience booking NYC hotels please chime in?
Old Apr 30, 2023, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by cockpitvisit
Plane ticket booked. Now I need a hotel booking advice (never booked a hotel in NYC that long in advance!) I don't care about the brand - any decent 4* hotel in a convenient and safe area in Manhattan will do.

Should I book a refundable rate now (just to have something in hand) and hope for a good deal at the last moment, or should I lock a cheap non-refundable rate now? Are there usually good last-minute hotel deals in NYC in the beginning of June?

Most chain hotels in NYC will be pretty consistent. Tiny rooms but clean.

I sent you a PM

-J.
Old May 1, 2023, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cockpitvisit

On weekends, the Wall Street and Financial districts may have lower rates. FYI, everything is a close subway ride away depending on where you're going.
I just checked Priceline Express Deals. Oh dear. Prices have gone up.

You may want to check the Hyatt or Sheraton, I mean Marriott properties, in Jersey City or Hoboken NJ. You can take PATH (the tube) into Manhattan.
Take a look at the Long Island City neighborhood in Queens (part of NYC).

Dan
cockpitvisit and GW McLintock like this.
Old May 2, 2023, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

FYI,

You can come and go as you please on BRT. Want to join midday? Sure. No problem. What to leave after lunch. Ok by me.
It's a long standing tradition ever since someone had to leave early to head back to ORD.

dh
yunicorner likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.