Wiki Posts
Search

Kansas City BBQ DO - May 5th-7th, 2023

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2023, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
You can move me from tentative to confirmed! Booked in on Southwest Friday morning and out Sunday afternoon on Delta.
kirkwoodj and FriendlySkies like this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 9:32 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Zorak
I'm definitely interested as well!
... I am also now confirmed getting in Thursday night and leaving Sunday mid-afternoon.

I was waiting for a 2nd Cat 1-4 FNA to drop so I could book the Hotel Kansas City for the 5th-7th. They seem to be sold out on the 4th, so I'll be slumming it in a comp room at Harrah's the first night.

Please put me down for Friday dinner, and whatever on Saturday Have not been to the TWA Museum, and I only made it to part of the WWI museum last time so might head back and finish that off.

Besides other stuff that's been mentioned, I will once again plug the Arabia Steamboat Museum if people are looking for something else to do...
kirkwoodj and Majuki like this.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I finally booked my flights to MCI; I'll be arriving around noon, but I might have a meeting that afternoon which could cause me to miss dinner If the group really hits 30 on Friday night, I could do something else for dinner. But I'm glad I'm finally for-sure going to this DO.

Now to figure out how to get home. Flights are stupid expensive to NYC so I'm looking at pass riding on Jet or possibly Alaska Air via the west coast.

-J.
FriendlySkies likes this.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Feb 22, 2023 at 9:34 am
Old Feb 23, 2023, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
You can move me from tentative to confirmed! Booked in on Southwest Friday morning and out Sunday afternoon on Delta.
Originally Posted by Zorak
... I am also now confirmed getting in Thursday night and leaving Sunday mid-afternoon.

I was waiting for a 2nd Cat 1-4 FNA to drop so I could book the Hotel Kansas City for the 5th-7th. They seem to be sold out on the 4th, so I'll be slumming it in a comp room at Harrah's the first night.

Please put me down for Friday dinner, and whatever on Saturday Have not been to the TWA Museum, and I only made it to part of the WWI museum last time so might head back and finish that off.

Besides other stuff that's been mentioned, I will once again plug the Arabia Steamboat Museum if people are looking for something else to do...
Originally Posted by SEA777GUY
Put me down as confirmed!!
Great! I'll send you all a PM in a bit to gather some info for the spreadsheet I am keeping of everybody attending.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 5:57 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I sent you a PM.

Done!
In case you don't know about this, there is an app called Splitwise that makes splitting costs among users DOable.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
KC is my hometown, and my mother always appreciates it when I find an excuse to come visit - mark me down as tentative if it's not too late
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by rxgeek
In case you don't know about this, there is an app called Splitwise that makes splitting costs among users DOable.
I love SplitWise! jackal introduced me to it in LAS in 2021 and it's been very useful for me. Hadn't considered using it, so I appreciate you mentioning it!

Originally Posted by captaink
KC is my hometown, and my mother always appreciates it when I find an excuse to come visit - mark me down as tentative if it's not too late
The more the merrier!
Calchas likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 7:54 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
I should be in town for this! Thank you for taking the lead on this.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 11:26 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Just booked my trip! I'm in!
Old Feb 25, 2023, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems my employer has a corp rate at the "21c Museum Hotel" that's a big saving over the public rate. Unless someone tells me it's a total dump--or I'm going to miss out on a great party at the Hyatt--I think I'll stay there.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Flights booked. Please move me to confirmed.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 8:58 am
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Flights booked, so FriendlySkies I think you can move me from tentative to confirmed. Looking forward to it!
Old Mar 1, 2023, 9:06 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Move me to confirmed. If anybody would like to the Boulevard Brewing tour or J Reiger Whiskey tour on Saturday afternoon, let me know! Both are very cool and great way to kill some time between BBQ spots.
pudgym29 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by MCI777
Move me to confirmed. If anybody would like to the Boulevard Brewing tour or J Reiger Whiskey tour on Saturday afternoon, let me know! Both are very cool and great way to kill some time between BBQ spots.
I was hoping to do at least one of those, so count me in for that.

-J.
MCI777 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
Seems my employer has a corp rate at the "21c Museum Hotel" that's a big saving over the public rate. Unless someone tells me it's a total dump--or I'm going to miss out on a great party at the Hyatt--I think I'll stay there.
21c is a great new hip hotel in KC. They also have great amenities and a good downtown location. Highly recommend!
pudgym29 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.