Kansas City BBQ DO - May 5th-7th, 2023

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2023, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not planning to rent a vehicle. It's uber or charity for me
Old Feb 15, 2023, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Calchas
I'm not planning to rent a vehicle. It's uber or charity for me
Same here, and I would gladly chip in for gas. However the RideKC system has caught my attention

-J.
Calchas likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Hi All,

I've been in touch with Q39 and their GM has been quite helpful with planning for Friday night dinner, so we may have to adjust happy hour and do drinks afterwards at Jack Stack or another fine KC establishment. Q39 has advised an earlier dinner time would be preferred with them as they could guarantee a reservation. They have also asked for as close to an exact count, so I'll be sending out a PM to everybody shortly. If you could please reply to me, via the email in the message, I am hoping to gather flight details to see when most folks arrive. Given our high count for the DO, it is possible a deposit may be required for dinner, though I will be sure to pass along whatever information as soon as it comes in.

Looking forward to seeing everybody in May!
BTA, mnmag, Majuki and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Update-- Q39 got back to me and we can make a reservation for up to 30 folks and the deposit is only $100 (which they'll credit to us on the final bill) which is way less than I expected and works out well. This would include the full menu (food and drink) and tip is not included. They won't do up to thirty individual checks, so be prepared to pay via PayPal/Venmo/Zelle. We will NOT be on a fixed menu, so order to your heart's content As a reminder, the menu is here!

I know some may be disappointed with skipping Jack Stack, but we can always adjust the schedule for Saturday if enough folks want to go there. In lieu, we can pre-game at any of our local bars prior to dinner at Q39. They can do 5:15pm which should allow for some late afternoon arrivals (vs. the original request of 4pm).

Last edited by FriendlySkies; Feb 16, 2023 at 10:09 pm
Old Feb 17, 2023, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That’s a result. Nice one.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
They won't do up to thirty individual checks, so be prepared to pay via PayPal/Venmo/Zelle.
Did you not tell them that we are a group of points junkies that will not take kindly to somebody reaping all the rewards? Only kind of kidding.
holland, beckoa, kirkwoodj and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 10:02 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Any opinion on thios hotel? I won't have a car. So many of the less expensive hotels have poor reviews.
Hotel Phillips Kansas City, Curio Collection by Hilton
Old Feb 19, 2023, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by rxgeek
Rxgeek+1 are booked. Looks like the "Year of the DO" for me.
Don't mean to hijack this thread cough cough... BRT - Brooklyn Reality Tour - June 3, 2023 Saturday - NYC
Old Feb 20, 2023, 7:53 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Put me down as tentative
Old Feb 20, 2023, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rxgeek
Any opinion on thios hotel? I won't have a car. So many of the less expensive hotels have poor reviews.
Hotel Phillips Kansas City, Curio Collection by Hilton
I have not stayed there, however I have picked up folks who stayed there and enjoyed it. Looks like there are some recent thoughts on it here! Hotel Phillips Kansas City, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-MO}
rxgeek likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I don't do zelle or PayPal or venmo. How can I pay?
Old Feb 20, 2023, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Please put me as tentative for Friday night only. I know you need an exact number for your thirty - so I will try and confirm or otherwise soon.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by susiesan
I don't do zelle or PayPal or venmo. How can I pay?
I sent you a PM.

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Please put me as tentative for Friday night only. I know you need an exact number for your thirty - so I will try and confirm or otherwise soon.
Done!
Old Feb 20, 2023, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
I'm planning on joining you for dinner on Friday too! May be a few minutes late since running from the airport just before.
Majuki likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 4:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Titanium
Put me down as confirmed!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.