Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Official 2022 Flyertalk Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread - 20th Year Anniversary!

Official 2022 Flyertalk Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread - 20th Year Anniversary!

Old Nov 13, 22, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by debonair58 View Post
I apologize in advance for my brief survey responses. I had no idea how much to write and now I see I could have shared a lot more to make things easier for my Secret Santa. Thank you for this fun activity.
Folks try hard to find a gift(s) their Santee (official FT terminology there ) will enjoy, so this is one of those rare cases where oversharing is a good thing.

Often the Santas will check your post history, see what you've posted about to get ideas. Kinda tricky when you're new to FT, so go post in the destination section about your last trip, or ask questions about the place you dream of going.

Got an online wishlist? Include a link.

Hobbies, favorite foods, foods you abhor, last book you enjoyed, favorite places to go, preferred airline, any pets you've got, anything you collect - all of that is fair game for including in your sign-up, plus probably 20 other categories I'm forgetting.
Old Nov 13, 22, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by debonair58 View Post
I apologize in advance for my brief survey responses. I had no idea how much to write and now I see I could have shared a lot more to make things easier for my Secret Santa. Thank you for this fun activity.
Sadly I am also guilty. I did the very British (Scottish) thing of thinking it rude to ask for things. I see now Ive created a problem for my Santa. Apologies. I can be very specific, if my Santa finds this. I have recently upgraded my Audi and would appreciate a nice key ring for my fob please.
holmedown and debonair58 like this.
Old Nov 13, 22, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by kipper View Post
I think I said 5 people, not 3.
5? Will any of the packages remain unopened until December 25 this year?
Old Nov 13, 22, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA *S, AC 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLAT
Crap. I forgot to sign up. If you need an alternate file some reason let me know.
Old Nov 14, 22, 4:03 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
If anyone wants to still sign up or get additional assignments, please send me your information.

As always, first timers can only get an additional assignment once their first gift has been received.
Old Nov 14, 22, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA *S, AC 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLAT
Sent. Thanks!
Old Nov 14, 22, 5:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by CDTraveler View Post
5? Will any of the packages remain unopened until December 25 this year?
I believe there are instructions for how to ensure packages remain unopened until Christmas.
Old Nov 15, 22, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Just checking in with folks.... I had a few people sign up late.... I would love to be able to include them in the festivities.... however I need some additional people to do those matches.

If you are interested in an additional assignment or two or three, please reach out to me by Friday morning. I want to get this done before the weekend.

Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 22, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Silver
Originally Posted by wharvey View Post
Just checking in with folks.... I had a few people sign up late.... I would love to be able to include them in the festivities.... however I need some additional people to do those matches.

If you are interested in an additional assignment or two or three, please reach out to me by Friday morning. I want to get this done before the weekend.

Thanks!
I signed up for 5 giftees and have received 4 assignments to date - I assume you are still assigning and will get the 5th soon.

Thanks so much for organizing. like someone said above, this is a highlight of the year for me. My whole family gets into it
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Nov 15, 22, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Silver
I already sent a present!!!! Lots of ideas brewing and some more shopping planned for after Thanksgiving!
FlyingCow, LCSinTexas and Gallus1 like this.
Old Nov 15, 22, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Redhead View Post
I signed up for 5 giftees and have received 4 assignments to date - I assume you are still assigning and will get the 5th soon.

Thanks so much for organizing. like someone said above, this is a highlight of the year for me. My whole family gets into it
I just checked the system... it says you read four of the five messages I sent you with the assignments.... not sure if you accidently deleted one or if it went into FT neverland.... I am resending the one that it shows you did not read. SORRY
Old Nov 15, 22, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by wharvey View Post

Thanks!
Hi Wharvey
Im only a first timer and therefore limited to one Santee. However, should flexibility be afforded and indeed needed, I would be happy to step up for another. Almost got my first one complete and enjoying it so much.
best wishes Santa

Edit: best wishes, Santa 😝🤣 the absence of the comma sounded as though I assumed I was Santa 🎅
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Nov 15, 22, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by kipper View Post
I believe there are instructions for how to ensure packages remain unopened until Christmas.
Gosh, Im still learning! Please reveal instructions Kipper
Old Nov 15, 22, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by CDTraveler View Post
In years past, someone stepped up as an intermediary so that the gift giver could get more info on the gift recipient while maintaining the secret part of Secret Santa. He was known as the HeadElf, and officially sanctioned as an assistant by Wharvey, the organizer of the Secret Santa program.
But, can I get one? This is something I need in my life. A discreet, HeadElf of organising everything? AND sanctioned by Wharvey? Where can I find oneperhaps my Secret Santa can helpI must go alter my information form.
Old Nov 15, 22, 4:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Gallus1 View Post
Gosh, I’m still learning! Please reveal instructions Kipper
I tend to be excited and open packages as they arrive. IIRC, in my bio, I include instructions on how to send them so they won't be opened until Christmas, basically because they'll go to someone else initially.
FlyingCow, LCSinTexas and Gallus1 like this.

Search this Thread