Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Official 2022 Flyertalk Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread - 20th Year Anniversary!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official 2022 Flyertalk Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread - 20th Year Anniversary!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2022, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
It's close to 5 PM in the North Atlantic - right about where the Titanic sank. Based on the way you're feeling that seems like a good location for you to have a drink.
Oh, yes 👍!! Still on the antibiotics though so it’ll be another day or so yet. I think everyone deserves a good dollop of Christmas cheer this year. I’ll start on my birthday the week before. 🎄🤶x
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 1:19 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Got delivery of a gift from presumably from a FT'er in Boston, from Beacon Hill Chocolates!

Seems like it going to be a well, well fed Christmas.

I'll open, give proper thanks and pictures closer to Christmas being a traditionalist.

Many thanks in the meantime.
CDTraveler and FlyingCow like this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton
Received another book from navi_jen and Pumpkin! "101 Fabulous Things to Do in Rome" -- the planner in me is extremely happy and has started to make a check list

Originally Posted by fishccy
Received travel guide books from navi_jen and Pumpkin! Thank you so much!!! I had a bad start today, but so glad that these gifts made my day! Now I'm even more excited about my upcoming trip to Rome and Athens!
tcl, navi_jen, CPH-Flyer and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 6:43 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Santa wants to thank everyone who has shipped and sent me their detailed information. If you have not done that, please do so immediately. Telling me what you shipped is very important so I can make sure you get proper credit when your Santa gets their gift. Many people have more than one Santa so it is difficult matching things up if I do not have that information. I have three gifts that I cannot give proper credit to right now due to not knowing who sent the gift. Help me!
Old Dec 6, 2022, 11:01 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
My mystery continues. I mentioned upthread that USPS notified me of a package which was scheduled for delivery and that it was from a source that neither of us had ordered anything from. The package arrived today and we received a beautiful Gift Box and a box of Chocolates. There was no gift card and no indication of who this was from. Also, the package was addressed to both myself and Mrs SuperG with our first names. The shipping label says "A GIFT FROM: Thank You For Your Order".
So, logically, if it was from my Secret Santa, she or he wishes to remain truly anonymous but knows us since they know Mrs SuperG's name and the spelling of same.
Therefore, if this was from my Secret Santa I'm letting you know that your thoughtful and wonderful gift arrived and I'll WHarvey know as well.

Old Dec 6, 2022, 3:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
My final gift has shipped. I can now relax about shopping and last posting dates, and start worrying that nothing has turned up.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 4:21 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus

This beauty arrived from an unidentified sender the other day. Not sure if this is one of the Santa's here. If yes, thank you! It is lovely, and will be put to good use.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 4:25 pm

I received an email notification telling me "Sandra' was sending a few items from Walmart. It's some garden tools, bird houses, and a cookbook. Thank you Santa for your gifts.
FlyingCow and fishccy like this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 6:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
False Alarm. We received a phone call from a friend asking if the package arrived.

We'll be off on our last trip of the year on Saturday. Our neighbor will take in any packages while we're gone.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by TokyoFoodie
This beauty arrived from an unidentified sender the other day. Not sure if this is one of the Santa's here. If yes, thank you! It is lovely, and will be put to good use.
Santa tells me that the website had a field to write a gift greeting card as part of the purchase process. But that does not seem to have made its way through to the shipment.
TokyoFoodie and FlyingCow like this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 7:41 pm

Well, thank you. It was very generous of you. :-)
Old Dec 7, 2022, 2:16 am

Programs: QF WP

Santa has sent a gift box from lush which I have placed under the tree for Christmas day

2/5 of my Santees have received something- the remaining 3 have a parcel either in their countries customs or out for delivery. Some of the secondary parcels have not left Australia yet but all is going well for something being with everyone bright and early this year
Old Dec 7, 2022, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Got my first delivery today. A nice box shipped from Shimane prefecture in Japan, the label says it is alcohol, so I might cheat from my principle of carrying it to Denmark to open on the 24th in the evening, as is custom in Denmark.
​​​​​​
There is no indication of the giver, the sender address is a company address, but thank you in advance to my secret santa. A picture will follow once it is properly opened.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Arrived today!

Anything that comes with tools is perfect for me!

Then got it opened...

Nice! Spiced nuts - cashews, almonds.

Thanks, Santa! Very well done.
tcl, CPH-Flyer, FlyingCow and 4 others like this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
My last gift arrived this morning, will update with a photo when I finally finish work.

I have received delivery confirmations for all the gifts I sent out, much quicker than expected, but I notice none of the recipients have posted an update here. Hopefully they've told wharvey they've received something and just not posted here because they've hidden the parcels until Christmas!
CPH-Flyer and FlyingCow like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.